• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] Looking for 4w5 sx/so examples

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks! I feel compelled to spoiler my reply because it runs more personal about sx-last than I'm comfortable occupying the full page space with in an sx/so thread, though it may be of relevance as a comparison to sx.

On sx/so 4w5, I don't have examples but can imagine the type and believe that any variant on a core is possible. However, I do suspect some variants will show up more often than others in types with traits that they reinforce. So, while an sp-last 4w5 is possible, I don't expect there to be as many of them as the other variants among 4w5s. However, sx-first in general may be more frequent in 4s than it would be among other cores.

I totally agree with your last paragraph here, likeliness of instincts for 4's might go something like Sx/Sp, Sp/Sx, So/So, Sp/Sp, So/Sp, Sx/So.

As to everything else, I so loved reading your response about your instinctual place in your family vs. the world and your actual need for intimacy (despite being Sp first). I kind of don't want to reply too much here, since most of it was your experience (nothing to add, just glad to hear your insight! :)) I must however, comment on how cool the locked box picture to describe instincts is, and this question: "if you could only satisfy one instinct, which would you be the most psychologically functional living on whilst totally deprived of the other two?". Mine is undoubtedly Sx. Such a great way to pinpoint instincts (if the person understands what each one is, anyway)!

I thought I'd point you to this thread I just started to compile a better look at exactly what we are talking about here, the variety among types in the Enneagram!