• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 1] Enneatype 1 Myers Briggs xNxJ individuals

Usehername

On a mission
What are the type 1 NFJ and NTJs setting out to accomplish in life? In their careers?
What are their priorities?
How do they deal with obstacles?
How do they prefer to navigate their interpersonal terrain?
How do you give fuel to and support type 1 NFJs? NTJs? How do you best support these people in any kind of relationship?
How do others unintentionally drag them down and slow their efforts?
What are their blind spots? How do they frustrate others?

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What are the type 1 NFJ and NTJs setting out to accomplish in life? In their careers?
How do you give fuel to and support type 1 NFJs? NTJs? How do you best support these people in any kind of relationship?

i know a few e1 types. i was rather certain that an adviser was an infj 1w9 so/sp. very professional, a bit distant, formal, etc. she ran a very tight ship and was always trying to stay on schedule and manage time. she was very considerate of our needs and was quite decisive. she thought she was intj, but she had more of an Fe smile to me, and her general affect seemed much more geared to Fe than Fi. her personal values didn't seem to come from a strong Fi space. she also was very consistent and oriented towards goals, but to me she seemed better at accomplishing human goals, very natural in rhetoric, considering audience, and then also feeling out the way moving forward. the intjs i know relate to audience differently. they will analyze their audience, but once they feel like their goals are strong and aligned with what they need to be to be relevant in the field, they mostly attack those goals without much else. my adviser seemed to embrace the more performative aspect of Fe at least a bit, anticipating how her audience would feel about certain ideas and working with that at all times. as an Fe type, imagining the audience at all types is one of the primary restraints that helps us select and say no, because we generally have a bit more trouble hand-selecting the key terms as terms that have already had all the refuse pushed away, that even at the point of selection are already ready to go, have been turned into more definite and whose selection is already based on what they can do in the course of the paper. we organize the meaning/message based on who we're talking to much much more, because Fe is so much more amorphous and present in interaction far more than the more detached, cleanly defined objective goals of Te. in fact, generally, when i'm writing papers, if i talk to an intj about my paper, they help save me like 20-30% of my overall paper time. just the tightening, weeding out unnecessary meanings, asking the right questions to get the hierarchy of meaning right, and most of all speeding up my discovery process trying to find the purpose of what i'm writing.

the e1s generally have the huge focus on ethical standards, deliberation, practical reason, critical thinking, etc. i usually relate to the sense of humor, because we both can have very dark senses of humor and a great appreciation for the socially absurd. 1s focus on standards really can seem quite cutting to others, because they often offer rather sharp rejections of those who do not meet them. 1w9s have a weird kind of oscillation between being very critical/harsh and being extremely accepting, open to the experiences of someone else, their reasons. it kind of mediates their assertiveness. 1w2s are more always in motion, and they are driven into action all the time. they are very helpful, and want to do something positive and productive. i primarily know entj 1w2s, an enfj 1w2, and an esfj 1w2 so/sx. coincidentally, he thought he was an estj because he was so deliberative and reasons his way through everything, but we discussed the Fe language of affect, of gesture communication, of intentionality, of social performance, and he immediately recognized those things as some of his principle strengths.

also, your questions feel more Te to me than Fe. :)

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
As a 1w9 intj, my one good friend (hardly directly related to said type, but), over 26 years, has had a difficult time validating his own creative efforts, tossing the now over either shoulder in anticipation for what's to come, what's not expected. One aspect that's been a constant is his will (urge, thirst?) for new anything, and to uncompromisingly and rapidly process shit for its own sake. Anticipation posing as optimism. So despite having this black hole beartrap of an intellect, any great idea that materializes within never manages to get much further than his aim text box. We've discussed the concept of future, why it's considered, our shifting presumptions of presumptions. Until lately, he hasn't been successful funneling his creative energy into work that will substantiate his existence, or towards a process (school) that will eventually allow for that (despite being star of his own show, I doubt he would ever openly subjugate potential for limitlessness of ideas for an exposition bloated with personal meaning, or purely experiential, which would be his idea of hell). Surely nothing is more frustrating/taxing than having rationalized the value out of living which, inevitably and repeatedly, prevent his innovative ideas from receiving due exposure, because as a sx/sp, you'd better believe every single goddamn egg goes cemented into that basket, but again, limits of reality and insecurities, his tendency to idealize women as if reciting nordic mythology that he wrote and inherently rational mind seem to keep any present-rooted, personal desires wrapped up in chains, aging without ever having aged.

So far, nothing. My friend is an english major and self-described aspiring nobody.

None

Takes his time or splats against the windshield.

Strongly prefers 1:1, and equally avoids any reason to participate in a group setting in which his ideas probably won't be valued.

Recognize their pride. Validate using concrete examples as simply and direct as possible. It's kinda like feeding a child cough syrup.

I think my friend's his worst and only enemy.

He can be a bossy prick, but it's more expressed irony than vanity or pride.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my entj 1w2 so/sp friend i think has similar issues. the Te-Fi pendulum is so wildly swung towards j, j, j that the sense of why, the sense of how this relates to something personally true, grounded, consistently part of my story as I tell it, is extremely out of balance. perhaps there's also a huge pressure e1 types put on themselves to do something monumental that they often get scared and start finding escapist ways out of that conflict, start becoming avoidant, etc. we have a bunch of mutual p friends who kind of talk us back into reality, down from the ledge, and back into the world of experience, of where we are now, of what our story really consists of, and what are more immediate possibilities are (when we lose sight of them). the e1 entj is EXTREMELY funny and a very ethical dude, but just wants to find out how to stop self-sabotaging himself. another esfj 1w2 so/sx friend is very mature, well-balanced, and on-track, so to speak, but he didn't have some of the same pressures growing up. he doesn't have the inner crazy that entj 1w2s have, this weird i'm feeling lucky link where something crazy and unexpected comes out that is like a whole moment of being from another planet and a random number generating bouncing its powerball lotteries around inside the brain. also from having very very traditional, hardworking, conservative, highly religious parents with a lot of immediate family issues. he always, and maybe it's partly the w2, takes those things very very hard.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know I'm not an N, but I'm a J and a 1w2 and I'm posting this anyways in the hope that it helps. My answers might be similar to an ENTJ 1w2's, after all, considering the Te dominance.
I want to matter. I want to be respected. I want love and appreciation and I want to do something that matters. It would be one of my worst nightmares, to die after a worthless and purposeless existence. My career goals are similar; wanting to do something worthwhile.
Family, school/my future, and friends. In that order.
I either avoid them or tackle them head-on. There's pretty much no middle ground. :laugh:
I try to avoid small talk unless I actually care; my Fe is bad, so I feel awkward feigning interest in other people's problems. Otherwise, I'm very genuine and honest with pretty much everyone. I'm often better at one-on-one interaction, but one of my favorite things is storytelling to a responsive group of people who understand my sense of humor.
(If I didn't answer this question correctly, let me know... I'm not sure if I interpreted it the right way.)
Respect, love, forgiveness. Easing off the internal pressure. It sucks when friends and family, thinking they're being comforting, add on even more pressure on top of the pressure I'm already putting on myself. The best response, in my opinion, would be telling me, in moments of insecurity and low self-esteem, reminding me that they don't like me because of my accomplishments, but that they like me for who I am.
As for giving fuel... I suppose putting things back in perspective. Reminding me of the big picture, and getting my head out of the little details. Grounding me and reminding me of how things really are.
Since my efforts are very straightforward, this answer has to be straightforward too: If you aren't doing things correctly when I was banking on you doing them correctly, then you're slowing me down. :laugh: Beyond that... I guess if you mess with my mood, you're messing with my productivity too.
I dunno. You tell me! :laugh:

EDIT: My answer to the question about "support"... It really only applies with people I'm close-ish to. And only when I really need support. So I guess it doesn't apply with "any kind of relationship".

Last edited:

Usehername

On a mission
the state i am in:

your whole reply was excellent! thanks. i like hearing your thoughts.

interestingly, i feel like when I talk to NFJs, they help whittle down my papers just like NTJs do to you. I can organize my ideas, but I spend an inordinate amount of time wondering about the audience and values and curbing my message from a rationalist perspective, and I think NFJs just "get" that intuitively.

As a 1w9 intj, my one good friend (hardly directly related to said type, but), over 26 years, has had a difficult time validating his own creative efforts, tossing the now over either shoulder in anticipation for what's to come, what's not expected. One aspect that's been a constant is his will (urge, thirst?) for new anything, and to uncompromisingly and rapidly process shit for its own sake. Anticipation posing as optimism. So despite having this black hole beartrap of an intellect, any great idea that materializes within never manages to get much further than his aim text box.
I can totally relate about the difficulty materializing. Luckily, grad school deadlines help, but not every facet of my life has a deadline to make me move.
Recognize their pride. Validate using concrete examples as simply and direct as possible. It's kinda like feeding a child cough syrup.
Damn, we are prideful, huh?
perhaps there's also a huge pressure e1 types put on themselves to do something monumental that they often get scared and start finding escapist ways out of that conflict, start becoming avoidant, etc.
I think this is very true. Especially with the Ni visions--it gets thrilling as a concept but weighty when you try to implement it.
I want to matter. I want to be respected. I want love and appreciation and I want to do something that matters. It would be one of my worst nightmares, to die after a worthless and purposeless existence. My career goals are similar; wanting to do something worthwhile.

Family, school/my future, and friends. In that order.

I relate. Thanks for sharing! :)

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think this is very true. Especially with the Ni visions--it gets thrilling as a concept but weighty when you try to implement it.

appreciating the process is that seemingly unlearnable lesson for js. once we do--bam, enlightenment. process as meaningful is so contrary to how i naturally calculate meaning, which seemingly comes in atemporal realizations and an ahistorically existing, essentialized vision. for while the world has time, my own revisions of my inner model do not! it just is, and, as such, must encompass all times simultaneously.

jbking

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
As an INTJ type 1w2, I'm still trying to figure this out myself, really. I know there is some purpose to my life but I don 't know what it is yet. While I do know I'm not alone in the world, my view on the world is mine alone. Only I can see things the way I see them which can be a bit annoying at times.

My interpersonal terrain is navigated by my gut that is a blend of head and heart, sometimes more head and sometimes more heart. It is a funky balance at times. As for trying to support me, encourage me to share my view and that the feedback I get isn't going to hurt me. Just because I am a T, I do have feelings and they can be intense.

Others can mess with me in giving false compliments or deceive me which can trip me up and set me back. My blind spots tend to be my own ignorance and not trusting others when I should have faith in things. I frustrate others by not following advice given.