• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] What does an ISFP with enneagram 4w5 look like?

Sunny Ghost

There were similar threads to this type of question, so I thought I might ask myself as I'm so curious.

ISFP's come with some stigma when it comes to the realm of facts and knowledge... being an Se, we're often fleeting in our interest... and are typically considered children when it comes to personality type. we have an inferior Te... though i'm not sure how we rank on Ti. so it seems odd to also be typed 4w5.

So, what do you guys know about the type?

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISFP type 4w5 would have a different approach to experiencing beauty than an INFJ 4w5. Rather than taking in everything around them and converting it to a symbolic artistic moment, with Se as your auxiliary function, everything around you becomes an all out emotional experience in the present moment. It's as if you are framing what is occurring in front of you into your mind, taking a photograph in your mind of how you feel at the moment, and reaching out an experiencing every waking moment of your life to its fullest. Take for example if you were sitting outside looking at a tree... rather than saying that it symbolizes your feelings, life, etc, you'd see it as a tree, but notice the details of its bark, the beauty of the sunshine casting its rays upon the leaves. You'll feel the wind blowing in your hair, and a connection between you and this living being standing in front of you. This beauty of nature will overtake your senses, and you'll feel like your spirit is soaring with the breeze.

An ISFP 4w5 experiences beauty for what it is, and how it feels like for them. Do you find this is the case for you, Joan?

Sunny Ghost

ISFP type 4w5 would have a different approach to experiencing beauty than an INFJ 4w5. Rather than taking in everything around them and converting it to a symbolic artistic moment, with Se as your auxiliary function, everything around you becomes an all out emotional experience in the present moment. It's as if you are framing what is occurring in front of you into your mind, taking a photograph in your mind of how you feel at the moment, and reaching out an experiencing every waking moment of your life to its fullest. Take for example if you were sitting outside looking at a tree... rather than saying that it symbolizes your feelings, life, etc, you'd see it as a tree, but notice the details of its bark, the beauty of the sunshine casting its rays upon the leaves. You'll feel the wind blowing in your hair, and a connection between you and this living being standing in front of you. This beauty of nature will overtake your senses, and you'll feel like your spirit is soaring with the breeze.

An ISFP 4w5 experiences beauty for what it is, and how it feels like for them. Do you find this is the case for you, Joan?

yes. but isn't this just the nature of ISFP's? no matter the enneagram?

sorry, the whole enneagram thing still perplexes me. i have too much mbti in my brain.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
There's really not much to tell you, that you don't already know, I am afraid.

Well, ISFP's are very often 4w5's because the 4 description and ISFP description overlap quite a bit. It doesn't really change the flavour that much. It's like how an INTP and a 5 is basically the same thing. It's not like an INTJ 4 (which are a bit more unusual). The INTJ would have to have very strong tert. Fi. But an ISFP already has strong Fi. The only difference ISFP's have from other 4's is that they're earthier, more sensuous and a bit less imaginative in style. So they would rely more on physical stimuli (music, food, paintings, nature) than internal, imagined stimuli to amplify/express their feelings. The 5 wing reinforces the ISFP's withdrawn nature and gives the ISFP a more intellectual feel. They're usually better painters/musicians than writers/philosophers though, but they often find they are quite good with words when it is framed by something more concrete (like putting words to music, or describing a picturesque scene in nature).

Edit: Whereas an ISFP 9, would be less artistic and emotional, and more like placid and lovable peacemakers.

For the difference between ISFP 4w3 and ISFP 4w5, compare Michael Jackson (w3) and Bob Dylan (w5)

Sunny Ghost

^thank you!

alright... i think 4w5 is more fitting for me then. it was the 5 wing that kept stumping me, as an ISFP.

wolfy

awsm
I simply thought an isfp 4w5 looked like you. I am isfp 9w8, see any differences? You seem more artsy than me.

Sunny Ghost

I simply thought an isfp 4w5 looked like you. I am isfp 9w8, see any differences? You seem more artsy than me.

hahaha.

i see you as a wiser and more controlled person.

my next question was actually going to be... what enneagram do you guys think i am?? perhaps you guys have gotten to know me somewhat well enough around here to make your guesses?

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
You and your username seems ISFPish 4ish to me. This is very 9 though:

"my head is made of clouds, but my feet are made of ground."

But this can be said about ISFP fours as well. The biggest question would probably be how you deal with your feelings. 4's amplify/analyze/dwell upon and 9's minimize/ignore/repress them.

KDude

^I never understood 9's as minimizing feelings so much as minimizing friction. They have more ideals revolving around consensus or going-with-the-flow. They're not as willing to prop up their individualism or delve into the negative sort of analysis that 4 or 5 would, but I think they're "feelings" are still brought to the forefront in another way.

Sunny Ghost

You and your username seems ISFPish 4ish to me. This is very 9 though:

"my head is made of clouds, but my feet are made of ground."

But this can be said about ISFP fours as well. The biggest question would probably be how you deal with your feelings. 4's amplify/analyze/dwell upon and 9's minimize/ignore/repress them.

hmm... as of late, i feel as though i kinda minimize, ignore and repress... but it's because i decided that over analyzing things that are out of my control are not healthy for me.

i think put in that respect, 4 is more fitting for me. i've always had more of a tendency to analyze, amplify and dwell.

but the peace aspect of 9's and being one with the world i can relate to. but for me, i think of peace in the sense of finding balance within oneself. the saying, "peace comes from within." and i think it's through being a 4 with intense emotions, i sought out these aspects of being like a 9.

Goosebump

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
"any type is capable of exhibiting any behavior, but it is the underlying motives that really set them apart."

This really helps me on deciding that I'm a 9. Enneagram is about motivation. Many of my goals and motivations have to do with seeking peace. Sure I care about my image sometimes and have wild temporary ambitions but they all stem from my desire of seeking both inner and external peace.
And for the record, you do seem very 4 like.

Sunny Ghost

"any type is capable of exhibiting any behavior, but it is the underlying motives that really set them apart."

This really helps me on deciding that I'm a 9. Enneagram is about motivation. Many of my goals and motivations have to do with seeking peace. Sure I care about my image sometimes and have wild temporary ambitions but they all stem from my desire of seeking both inner and external peace.
And for the record, you do seem very 4 like.

Thanks, that was really helpful.

And I suppose my underlying motivation, though there are periods of differences or of peace, are to understand myself-- or rather find myself, develop myself... and so forth.

Haha. I'm curious in what ways I come off as a 4 now.

B

brainheart

Haha. I'm curious in what ways I come off as a 4 now.

I think we tend to analyze our feelings and motivations a lot- there's this relentless search for understanding of self. Most people don't seem to talk about themselves in the way we do. I think to others we can seem self-absorbed. Which we tend to be :)

Sunny Ghost

I think we tend to analyze our feelings and motivations a lot- there's this relentless search for understanding of self. Most people don't seem to talk about themselves in the way we do. I think to others we can seem self-absorbed. Which we tend to be :)

i had always been worried and self conscious about this in the past... coming off self absorbed, that is. it's another one of those reasons i tend to pull myself away from forums like this every once in a while. i feel as though people get sick of me and my stories.

B

brainheart

i had always been worried and self conscious about this in the past... coming off self absorbed, that is. it's another one of those reasons i tend to pull myself away from forums like this every once in a while. i feel as though people get sick of me and my stories.

Yep. Pretty much why I retreat from everyone after awhile as well. I feel pulled to talk about my personal world, it's like I can't help myself. It's what I feel I need to share, but then I start to notice others never seem to do it to the level I do, and I feel that good ol' sense of shame, of being a self-conscious, self-absorbed, defective weirdo. La la.