• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] Type 6 sucks

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Who needs anxiety, worries, panic, avoidance?!

Self preservation?

The hell with that.

Let's get wild.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you a 6 and in denial, or are you just dissing 6s?

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
It's not just about Fear and self preservation
It's about courage and love.

Why so negative?

You must be a type 6 :laugh:

VagrantFarce

[youtube=5bNE-5TVAmg]![/youtube]

Oh wait, this is a Six thread.

[youtube=Ag1o3koTLWM]Six[/youtube]

[youtube=Xi0wMhZSsfU]Six[/youtube]

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtZV5XdfqrI"]Muse-Uprising[/YOUTUBE]

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
The type 6 descriptions are weaksauce. More-so because the 6w5 and 6w7 are extremely different in action and motivation.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
My result was 7w6.

Although if I'm stressed I think I'm 6w7. Don't know if that's possible.

What I do know is that everybody tells me I worry too much...but I have to be stressed to do that. Otherwise I'm fine.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You play devil's advocate and doubt of your own type, you could be a 6 then.

By the way:
Who need pefection?
Who need love?
Who need prestige?
Who need identity?
Who need knowledge?
Who need intemperance?
Who need power?
Who need peace?

Let's get wild.

And I think I've very low need for self-preservation.

PursuitOfHappiness

Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Let's be careful to steer clear of typism here...

But, honestly, I feel sort of lucky to be a 6 for at least one reason...

Let me preface my reason with the caveat that people with medically diagnosable disorders for anxiety, worry, panic, or avoidance must take these disorders seriously and consult somebody that's qualified to help with these issues. That being said, are these 4 things all that bad? Compared to the vice-like problems that other types have to confront, our predisposition toward these 4 things are like tinsel string that can be handled with relative ease, assuming we develop some coping skills. Once we learn to deal with these four things, we're ready to do whatever we want on the world stage and step to the mic like a boss.

Yeah...Nope.

MBTI Type
ERMM
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Being married to an E6 with anxiety, worries, avoidance and self-preservation takes a whole lotta patience.

It's exhausting to have to coax my husband to chill when:
1. Kids need to go for school trips
2. I need to drive out at night (as in no choice, not attending parties or clubbing, God forbid!)
3. Trips when he isn't going
4. When I don't hear my cellphone ring in my handbag, and there would be 17 missed calls within 15 mins and multiple texts of "Where are you?!?"
5. 17 yo daughter isn't allowed to go to the mall with friends without an adult chaperone
6. And teaching said 17 yo to drive ("it isn't safe for girls to drive alone day or night. She can't drive. What college; don't talk about overseas university. She ain't leaving country") 6. Don't even mention world wars...

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Being married to an E6 with anxiety, worries, avoidance and self-preservation takes a whole lotta patience.

It's exhausting to have to coax my husband to chill when:
1. Kids need to go for school trips
2. I need to drive out at night (as in no choice, not attending parties or clubbing, God forbid!)
3. Trips when he isn't going
4. When I don't hear my cellphone ring in my handbag, and there would be 17 missed calls within 15 mins and multiple texts of "Where are you?!?"
5. 17 yo daughter isn't allowed to go to the mall with friends without an adult chaperone
6. And teaching said 17 yo to drive ("it isn't safe for girls to drive alone day or night. She can't drive. What college; don't talk about overseas university. She ain't leaving country") 6. Don't even mention world wars...

I hope I don't ever have a daughter for her sake, because I'd uncontrollably be exactly like that if not worse.

Yeah...Nope.

MBTI Type
ERMM
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hope I don't ever have a daughter for her sake, because I'd uncontrollably be exactly like that if not worse.

Is there actually an easier way to convince 6s that independence is vital for personal growth? Kids to be able to stand on their own two feet is on the top 10 list of what it means to be an adult?

It just baffles me that he can't see this. I'm an E9w8 and fiercely independent. And our 17yo is E8w7. Yup. Can you imagine her aggravation?

Being an E9, I try to understand. And also being a w8, I just veto his decision and once allowed my 17yo to participate in an international debate event overseas. He was hurt by my 'betrayal', and I suffered his berating me the whole 7 days. But once she came back, he was very proud of her wins and never mentioned his worries.

Yeah, but I love him, tolerate his anger with a deadpan face and also defy unwarranted decisions for my children's sake. I just hope he won't have to tell me "I told you so!"

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
N/A
Instinctual Variant
sp
I would like to have a daughter, yes, a 14yo planning his life well in advance and then not sticking to any of it except for a few things, this is going to be one of those things. But yeah I would like to have a daughter, and in my trifix thingy thing my second strongest type is 6w5, my first is obviously 9w1. I'm kinda worried after reading this that I may be WAY over-protective and controlling.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is there actually an easier way to convince 6s that independence is vital for personal growth? Kids to be able to stand on their own two feet is on the top 10 list of what it means to be an adult?

It just baffles me that he can't see this. I'm an E9w8 and fiercely independent. And our 17yo is E8w7. Yup. Can you imagine her aggravation?

Being an E9, I try to understand. And also being a w8, I just veto his decision and once allowed my 17yo to participate in an international debate event overseas. He was hurt by my 'betrayal', and I suffered his berating me the whole 7 days. But once she came back, he was very proud of her wins and never mentioned his worries.

Yeah, but I love him, tolerate his anger with a deadpan face and also defy unwarranted decisions for my children's sake. I just hope he won't have to tell me "I told you so!"

That can be a lot to ask of a 6 :laugh:

Thankfully my parents gave me a lot of freedom, and I have learned that it is the only way to raise kids. They need to have as much freedom as you can appropriately give.

Maybe you could try relating the whole child raising thing to some thing like planting a seed. It needs nourishment, not suffocation. lol

What's his MBTI type?

Yeah...Nope.

MBTI Type
ERMM
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That can be a lot to ask of a 6 :laugh:

Thankfully my parents gave me a lot of freedom, and I have learned that it is the only way to raise kids. They need to have as much freedom as you can appropriately give.

Maybe you could try relating the whole child raising thing to some thing like planting a seed. It needs nourishment, not suffocation. lol

What's his MBTI type?

He's enfp. I've tried metaphors, reason, coaxing, and outright anger. I guess he just can't help it! I know how as parents you naturally want to protect your kids. The best way to me is to teach them to protect themselves and how to make safe decisions.

Oh well... *shrugs*

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He's enfp. I've tried metaphors, reason, coaxing, and outright anger. I guess he just can't help it! I know how as parents you naturally want to protect your kids. The best way to me is to teach them to protect themselves and how to make safe decisions.

Oh well... *shrugs*

lol Well it sounds like he's lucky to have you then. :)

(And yea, that sounds like the best way to help protect them, to me too)

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A

I had a very tough childhood and the emotional scars and nightmares still haunt me. I am always scared about having children and them going through the same things. I always have dreams of my own death, or my dogs, or future children, dying, generally being sick, beaten to death or shot, dying really cruelly and painfully...then I wake up shaking. Because of my skiing accident and rugby concussions (I'm guessing) I often have nightmares about kids falling off bikes and walls and cracking their skulls...

It wasn't that my parents abused me or anything but they were neglectful and naive when I was unwell, especially emotionally.

When you already have a predisposition to internalise things and carry them as a 6 trauma just makes it worse.

Yeah...Nope.

MBTI Type
ERMM
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had a very tough childhood and the emotional scars and nightmares still haunt me. I am always scared about having children and them going through the same things. I always have dreams of my own death, or my dogs, or future children, dying, generally being sick, beaten to death or shot, dying really cruelly and painfully...then I wake up shaking. Because of my skiing accident and rugby concussions (I'm guessing) I often have nightmares about kids falling off bikes and walls and cracking their skulls...

It wasn't that my parents abused me or anything but they were neglectful and naive when I was unwell, especially emotionally.

When you already have a predisposition to internalise things and carry them as a 6 trauma just makes it worse.

I'm so sorry you go through this. Can't even imagine the anxiety 6s go through. Parents sometimes get caught up with the harsh realities of life and fail to see problems unless it's really obvious. Perhaps opening up about these issues will help them, a partner or close friend understand your trauma and give you the emotional support you need.

After learning about enneagram and how 6s tick made me more accepting of my husband's insecurities and worries. I really thought he was going insane... And dragging me along in the process.

I think every parent have intrusive thoughts about death and safety, but the love you have for your kids makes it all worth it. The love you feel takes over all other feelings. I know it sounds cliché, but you'll get it when you get there.

Being able to get deeper insight, advice and support from people like you guys on TypoC is invaluable. *hugs*