• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] INXP 5w4 sp/sx

grey bottom socks

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm highly independent and curious. I enjoy being self sufficient and skeptical at times. I'm pretty much balanced, but my scores almost always tip in favor of INTP. But my cognitive functions test always suggest an INFP.

On another thread regarding sp/sx, I can agree on desiring for a connection with another. It just so rarely happens that I come across someone similar to me. But O' boy, when it does happen I want to communicate with that person whenever I get the chance (w/o seeming like an over zealous freak).

But, I'm usually fine by myself, doing most activities alone, and rarely do I feel lonely. I can get into a sense of remoteness when I spend a good deal of time without contact.

For me being 'social' just means going to the grocery store or a coffee shop and being among/around people. I'll make random comments and instigate small talk to people if I find something about them or their behavior interesting.

When I get my fill of being public, I go back to my cozy home and feel more complete and balanced. Rinse & repeat, when the need arises.

Can anyone relate at all?

coconut

MBTI Type
INTJ
I always score clearly INTJ (much more T than F) on MBTI tests, and 5w4, but on cognitive tests, I come across as more INFP. Maybe we'd have a lot in common?

grey bottom socks

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm curious, why a 4 wing?

Because the E5 description is too general and I find relation with 5w4 versus 5w6, or even 4w5. Plus the wings prevent spillage from the sides.

A description related it to the conjoining of science and art. Let me see, you have theory, abstraction, beauty, truth, purity, ..., ...., whatever you can imagine, really. :blush:

grey bottom socks

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I always score clearly INTJ (much more T than F) on MBTI tests, and 5w4, but on cognitive tests, I come across as more INFP. Maybe we'd have a lot in common?

Sounds like we do. I seem to attract/be attracted to INTJs! You guys are so alluring.

In college I tested as INTP/INTJ (I think that had to do with academia environment and mindset).

Internally, at heart (INFP)
Socially, when needed: (ENFP)

Mmmm, maybe we are highly adaptable. :coffee:

coconut

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm curious, why a 4 wing?

I'm curious about the question. For me, I took one of those online tests and that's the result it spewed out; when I read the description, it seemed accurate. Maybe I'm not understanding your question. It gives me an image of people choosing an enneagram wing in the same way they choose a side dish from a restaurant menu: "Why the baked potato when you could have had fries?"

grey bottom socks

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Specifically, I like INTJ's because I sense, inside, you guys have that childlike wonder and essence that I possess.

Also, I feel like you guys are misunderstood and are perceived wrongly by the majority of people you come across. I am no stranger to being misconstrued.

VagrantFarce

I'm curious about the question. For me, I took one of those online tests and that's the result it spewed out; when I read the description, it seemed accurate. Maybe I'm not understanding your question. It gives me an image of people choosing an enneagram wing in the same way they choose a side dish from a restaurant menu: "Why the baked potato when you could have had fries?"

Well, tests aren't always accurate - there must be a reason why a 4 wing seems like a more accurate description over a 6 wing (or no wing, or both, or whatever). Like I said, I was curious about the reason. :)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm highly independent and curious. I enjoy being self sufficient and skeptical at times. I'm pretty much balanced, but my scores almost always tip in favor of INTP. But my cognitive functions test always suggest an INFP.

On another thread regarding sp/sx, I can agree on desiring for a connection with another. It just so rarely happens that I come across someone similar to me. But O' boy, when it does happen I want to communicate with that person whenever I get the chance (w/o seeming like an over zealous freak).

But, I'm usually fine by myself, doing most activities alone, and rarely do I feel lonely. I can get into a sense of remoteness when I spend a good deal of time without contact.

For me being 'social' just means going to the grocery store or a coffee shop and being among/around people. I'll make random comments and instigate small talk to people if I find something about them or their behavior interesting.

When I get my fill of being public, I go back to my cozy home and feel more complete and balanced. Rinse & repeat, when the need arises.

Can anyone relate at all?

Yes, I relate very well, except I don't initiate small talk when I make these occasional trips into public. I do hope that other people initiate contact.... Sometimes just being in the vicinity of other people is enough & I am content to retreat again to my lair.

And I think my bouts of "remoteness" may be more intense & actually classified as "loneliness", & it's less easily satisfied, but I'm still very much a lone wolf.

I'm INFP 4w5 sp/sx, BTW. I think my 5 wing is pretty strong though.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I relate quite a bit to the OP. I'm INTP 5w4 sx/sp. What makes you think sp/sx over sx/sp? Just curious.

grey bottom socks

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I relate quite a bit to the OP. I'm INTP 5w4 sx/sp. What makes you think sp/sx over sx/sp? Just curious.

My test results came out that way.

Today, I read the instinct descriptions on the enneagram site and I must say that I would place sx/sp/so as my order.

But this is the thing, I am on the look out for an individual to experience that SX with, but I'm not counting on it happening any time soon.
I'm not that pro-active in searching for those rare connections very often, or any new relationships, for that matter.

Once you've had a taste of that potential/possibility for depth, intensity, darkness, and light, all in a single person, ....you will not settle for anything less. I believe I'll know when I meet that person, because I'll actually take that risk for true intimacy.

Until then, I'll be SP/SX orientated :popc1:

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
My test results came out that way.

Today, I read the instinct descriptions on the enneagram site and I must say that I would place sx/sp/so as my order.

But this is the thing, I am on the look out for an individual to experience that SX with, but I'm not counting on it happening any time soon.
I'm not that pro-active in searching for those rare connections very often, or any new relationships, for that matter.

Once you've had a taste of that potential/possibility for depth, intensity, darkness, and light, all in a single person, ....you will not settle for anything less. I believe I'll know when I meet that person, because I'll actually take that risk for true intimacy.

Until then, I'll be SP/SX orientated :popc1:

And what would you be like if you met that person? I'm pretty sure i've been talking to a 5w4 sp/sx and i'm curious how I might go about reading him :cheese:

grey bottom socks

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
And what would you be like if you met that person? I'm pretty sure i've been talking to a 5w4 sp/sx and i'm curious how I might go about reading him :cheese:

Are you trying to find out if he might like you? If he's talking to you and makes an effort to 'reach out' to you, I think there is an attraction. What do you guys talk about? Does he seem nervous or anxious around you? I need more info to work on. ;)