• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 3] 3w2 or 3w4?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
So what are the differences between these two types besides that 3w2 is more focused on being attractive to people and 3w4 is more interested in professional success?
I'd say I value both a lot. Much of my ego is based on being competent but I think a lot of it is simply to get others to think I'm a "fantastic person"- especially since when I was a kid, the one thing I've gotten more complements on than anything else was for being "very bright".
I score about the same on 2 & 4 on Enneagram tests.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Unless you're willing to include a lot more information based on very basic behavioral/communicative tendencies, I suggest confirming closest friends' enneatypes then working backwards, then reporting back to this thread with findings that illustrate some sort of pattern. Coming up with the answer to your question while getting out of the house-- kinda kills two birds with one stone, doesn't it? Saves a lot of guesswork, too.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So what are the differences between these two types besides that 3w2 is more focused on being attractive to people and 3w4 is more interested in professional success?
I'd say I value both a lot. Much of my ego is based on being competent but I think a lot of it is simply to get others to think I'm a "fantastic person"- especially since when I was a kid, the one thing I've gotten more complements on than anything else was for being "very bright".
I score about the same on 2 & 4 on Enneagram tests.

Same here mostly. I can't pick a wing and I don't feel the need to. There are a few things though, 3w2 is supposed to be more extraverted, because of the 2 motivation. 3w4 would probably be very concerned with image, originality. Balanced wings is a perfectly legitimate answer.

I think I'd pick 3w4 for you. WORTHINESS!!!

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Thanks! I've thought about it and think 3w4 describes me better than 3w2.