• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] B*tch-slap a Seven!

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
These are narcissistic tendencies which I also associate with unhealthy 7s. I have very limited (read no) IRL experience with healthy 7s. I honestly don't see any of this being relevant to you though, Trin.

Sure, narcissistic tendencies aren't relevant to me. It's the avoiding pain, instant gratification, needing more stimulation and so on that are.

Dunno, maybe over-analysising something is just another form of avoidance. I may also be looking at things that fall into the "unknown" and "hidden" squares of the johari.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Maybe we should bitch-slap the creators of a system that says Trinity and I are the same type, when we don't seem to have anything in common.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe we should bitch-slap the creators of a system that says Trinity and I are the same type, when we don't seem to have anything in common.

Boobs?

Chloe

Sure, narcissistic tendencies aren't relevant to me. It's the avoiding pain, instant gratification, needing more stimulation and so on that are.

Dunno, maybe over-analysising something is just another form of avoidance. I may also be looking at things that fall into the "unknown" and "hidden" squares of the johari.

i think 7s want to everything to stay positive, so they avoid their own faults.
i know girl who is 7 and fat, and she doesnt acknowledge she's fat, she just dates more ugly men and then brags about how handsome those men are and how she's liked by sooo many men.
it's easier that way to keep the positive, than to accept she's fat and lose weight.

that makes her narcissistic, because whatever happens she's great. the best. no. 1!

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
qDxKo.gif

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50

Narcissistic tendencies are a type of avoidance pattern - you're avoiding the pain of consciously acknowledging your own critical, loathing self-concept. Sevens flit from place to place because they're afraid if they slow down, they'll take a look at themselves and not like what they see. They're also afraid that if they slow down, others will get a chance to look at the true self and not like what they see.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i know girl who is 7 and fat, and she doesnt acknowledge she's fat, she just dates more ugly men and then brags about how handsome those men are and how she's liked by sooo many men.
it's easier that way to keep the positive, than to accept she's fat and lose weight.

that makes her narcissistic, because whatever happens she's great. the best. no. 1!

i can see a bit of that in me...not ^^ that but reframing things so i don't give a shit...like stressing or being self conscious or any negative emotion really takes too much energy to sustain...so...i look at it differently...that's either pure geniusness and will add years to my life or totally unhealthy and one day i'll be committed.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Narcissistic tendencies are a type of avoidance pattern - you're avoiding the pain of consciously acknowledging your own critical, loathing self-concept. Sevens flit from place to place because they're afraid if they slow down, they'll take a look at themselves and not like what they see. They're also afraid that if they slow down, others will get a chance to look at the true self and not like what they see.

Still not relevant for me. My avoidance is not avoidance of facing reality, it's a lot more practical than that, it's avoidance as in not dealing with the practicalities of day to day reality, I'm a sp/so, I avoid the sp things. Self assessment is something I dwell on too much and am not inclined to avoid, at least not for long.

Basically I don't avoid seeing reality for what it is, I avoid doing anything about it.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Still not relevant for me. My avoidance is not avoidance of facing reality, it's a lot more practical than that, it's avoidance as in not dealing with the practicalities of day to day reality, I'm a sp/so, I avoid the sp things. Self assessment is something I dwell on too much and am not inclined to avoid, at least not for long.

Basically I don't avoid seeing reality for what it is, I avoid doing anything about it.

Be that as it may, if you do get the opportunity, think about it for a little while. It took me a while to get to that point as well.

Chloe

i can see a bit of that in me...not ^^ that but reframing things so i don't give a shit...like stressing or being self conscious or any negative emotion really takes too much energy to sustain...so...i look at it differently...that's either pure geniusness and will add years to my life or totally unhealthy and one day i'll be committed.

yes... i think thats great in normal amount.. but when it gets... extreme... it's funny and bad... like for all enneatypes..

it was first example that i could think of, i am not sure which would be better, to obsess about how you look, in the girls case, or to deny it and date men you dont really like, what she is doing. :shock: i think like being honest towards yourself would work in that case.

and i can see a bit of that she does in myself too, but i am too self critical to be 7 i think. and she really believes she's no.1 ... i cant relate to that. believing something based on nothing.

just curious btw., how do you experience going to your disintegration point 1 ?

and another question - okay, 7s are known to avoid painful feelings... but what happens when those feelings pile up and become too hard to repress ??
depression?

i mean, 7s have great capacity to avoid pain and negativity, but surely not limitless.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE

Huhhhuh..huhuh... I'm doing that guffaw of disbelief.

Also, that's not narcissism that's insecurity and deep..mourning/panic/fear at play. But the end result is similar to narcissism I guess.

BTW, MrCockburn where'd you get such a disturbing video? I hope that's fake!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

just curious btw., how do you experience going to your disintegration point 1 ?

and another question - okay, 7s are known to avoid painful feelings... but what happens when those feelings pile up and become too hard to repress ??
depression?

i mean, 7s have great capacity to avoid pain and negativity, but surely not limitless.

oh i can feel it...when i'm stressed i obsess about everything being perfect.

yeah not limitless and yes depression...for me personally it's like giving up...checking out...vacating the premises...just numb....it's so hard for me to feel sad that i just feel nothing.....usually...other times it's the complete opposite of optimism...just as high and enthusiastic as i can be...but...in reverse.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Huhhhuh..huhuh... I'm doing that guffaw of disbelief.

Also, that's not narcissism that's insecurity and deep..mourning/panic/fear at play. But the end result is similar to narcissism I guess.

BTW, MrCockburn where'd you get such a disturbing video? I hope that's fake!

Narcissism almost always arises from deep feelings of insecurity. You're presenting a self-enamored persona to the world so they don't have the opportunity to confirm your negative self-image.

Chloe

oh i can feel it...when i'm stressed i obsess about everything being perfect.

yeah not limitless and yes depression...for me personally it's like giving up...checking out...vacating the premises...just numb....it's so hard for me to feel sad that i just feel nothing.....usually...other times it's the complete opposite of optimism...just as high and enthusiastic as i can be...but...in reverse.

interesting.. with me is also going numb.. (unhealthy 9) though mine is probably bigger than in 7s... and i am not sure is it hard for me to feel sad... hm... must think about it.. i think as a 3 its hard to feel at all, genuinely.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8

I watched this like 5 times. This shit was so funny.

Same thoughts.

Be that as it may, if you do get the opportunity, think about it for a little while. It took me a while to get to that point as well.

Even still, as I think deeply about myself and the intricaties of things I loathe about my behavior and try to accept it, I think you've hit a nerve here that may be telling. I've slowed down my life considerably. All I do, even during the same, is stay in, eat, and write - searching for some solace, when I'm not looking for a job.

However, there is so much stuff I've done that I regret, that I fear that no one could accept me knowing the whole story. I feel like I've done a lot of things that people wouldn't respect in trying to find out who I am, and honestly the people that I think would accept me...Well, I wouldn't want them to.

I also try to show off all my failings as a way to show how much I suck. I think I could be more open, and more vunerable, but I dont know if that'd cure any narcissism people might see in me. In the end I think it only validates those excuses 7s tend to make.

deadgirlrunning

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Sevens flit from place to place because they're afraid if they slow down, they'll take a look at themselves and not like what they see. They're also afraid that if they slow down, others will get a chance to look at the true self and not like what they see.

Yeah I've known a couple unhealthy sevens, and they ALWAYS do this. I have the exact opposite problem and tend to overanalyze everything I do. It's so bad that when I temporarily stop overanalyzing and just live, my family thinks I've gone totally bonkers and should be committed. They're overprotective SJs though, sooooo...........I don't like most sevens, but wish I was one. Being a four is the pits!

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Narcissism? trinity? Say what?

And I'm usually not a slut.