• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] e6 anxiety, 6w7, 7w6, 6w5

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I get disappointed by people and think – ‘no one is as ‎innocent as I am, pure, gullible, happy, possessing a real sense of good-will toward all people’. ‎

Okay Father Christmas.

Starry

This Father Christmas thing actually brought up something for me that I probably shouldn’t ‎attempt to explain because I have a fairly nasty cold but…whatever.‎

The reason that made me laugh so hard is because I can completely understand the *rolling of ‎the eyes*. Reading someone describe themselves as ‘innocent’…’pure’…barf! That was even ‎hard for me to write (I’m trying to be as honest as I can so I did anyway).‎

I should have also written ‘childlike’.‎

Again, that sickening-sweetness…yah that’s very real for me. And I believe my varying degrees ‎of anxiety, and my base-line insecurity stem from existing in a world where I do not often ‎encounter individuals that are the likeminded. And in truth, there are individuals who attempt to ‎take advantage of my ‘goodness’. Many have even succeeded.‎

BUT there is another side to me that I don’t quite understand. You want to see all of my anxiety ‎and insecurity instantly melt away? Push me too far.‎

I imagine the state I am attempting to describe happens to all MTBI types, but I have only read ‎INFJs describe it in a way that reflects the experience I have. But when pushed too far – no one ‎will be calling me Father Christmas anymore.‎

It is actually a mental state that I would LOVE if it wasn’t for the verbal destruction it yields. I ‎become so calm…my head so clear. My senses are no longer dull and I am no longer ‘dim-‎witted’. And I verbally destroy people. I mean, I fricken smoke them - going for the jugular. It ‎is no longer ‘joking around’…nervously trying to point out the ‘error of their ways’…but full on ‎psychological attacks. And I have left people broken…a large part of the brokenness probably ‎stemming from the fact that they had, moments earlier, perceived me as such a weakling. Some ‎dumbass fairy-tale-princess.‎

Fortunately, as I have aged, I can keep this all in better ‘check’ now. But my anxiety has ‎probably increased. Basically, I wonder if a large part of my ‘anxiety loops’ comes from holding ‎that part of me back. Who knows. Like I said…I have a badass cold.‎

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
yea I am 7w6, enfp and I pretty much identify with everything that's been said. I do suffer sometimes with panic attacks and the only way to deal with them is by distraction... the worse thing is, they don't seem to be caused by anything in particular so it's not like a problem I can deal with, it's more that I can almost bring them on myself just by thinking about them... I don't know it's weird!

flossyglam

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Wow, I'm an ENTP typed as a 7w6 (with 7w8 coming in a very close second) and I feel like I really don't relate to these shared experiences! While I can be distrustful until a person proves their loyalty, I never experience anxiety attacks or excessive loops of negativity. Could I be typed incorrectly?

VanillaCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
I realize that that is a pretty dorky analogy…and I have never actually had that experience with ‎regards to irl material gifts (I actually ended up getting my rock polisher)…but I feel like that ‎quite often just existing in the world. I get disappointed by people and think – ‘no one is as ‎innocent as I am, pure, gullible, happy, possessing a real sense of good-will toward all people’. ‎Watching the news can make me literally ill. The anxiety comes when I have had several back-‎to-back experiences with ‘being reminded’ that the world isn’t how I imagine it to be…how I ‎just KNOW it should be. And then I’ll start to wonder…how did I end up here? *anxiety time* ‎This is when I do become avoidant…and, I guess start obsessively looking for some sign that ‎there is good in this world.‎
And I believe my varying degrees ‎of anxiety, and my base-line insecurity stem from existing in a world where I do not often ‎encounter individuals that are the likeminded...
You want to see all of my anxiety ‎and insecurity instantly melt away? Push me too far.‎

Same =P!

I think with guys too. Like I'll think...hooray I've met the man of my dreams! And then they will let me down in some way. Then the whole 'magical picture' is shattered. Total idealist.

That used to be me, but now I found my dream boy :wubbie: though I have had to accept some minor things that I don't like. Still, I don't believe I'll find someone more perfect for me than him. Well, I could but I'd probably be 50 by the time I found someone else :shock: He's 5w6 and I'm 6w7 so we understand each other pretty well. And he's INTJ and I'm ENFP so there's another good match.

However, I DO feel that way with friends/acquaintances constantly.

Starry

Wow, I'm an ENTP typed as a 7w6 (with 7w8 coming in a very close second) and I feel like I really don't relate to these shared experiences! While I can be distrustful until a person proves their loyalty, I never experience anxiety attacks or excessive loops of negativity. Could I be typed incorrectly?

You are probably just healthier (?). I do have a 7w6 friend that had her first panic attack/bout w/anxiety at age 36 though. She is a very classic 7 - easily distracts herself. Perhaps keep it in the back of your mind but I certainly wouldn't dwell on it.

Starry

Same =P!

That used to be me, but now I found my dream boy :wubbie: though I have had to accept some minor things that I don't like. Still, I don't believe I'll find someone more perfect for me than him. Well, I could but I'd probably be 50 by the time I found someone else :shock: He's 5w6 and I'm 6w7 so we understand each other pretty well. And he's INTJ and I'm ENFP so there's another good match.

However, I DO feel that way with friends/acquaintances constantly.

I actually have the magical picture shattering with friends too.
I'm so happy for you Vanilla that you met a great INTJ. I have 2 male INTJ friends...and I believe I am most relaxed around them. I think ENFPs can really confuse those they are close too...and being withdrawn from during times of stress (even with good intentions) is like a tiny death to the ENFP. My INTJs seem to have the perfect timing in that regard. In other words, they don't give a lot...but they know WHEN to give. And they are not easily shaken LOL! As I age...I really do see this as the perfect combo. Bravo Vanilla!!

Snow Turtle

Man. Sometimes I just think: Am I really going to be stuck in the enneagram 6 - Fear based mode for the rest of my life =.=

Hopefully it's a trait that we can break out of. I'm sure it is.

meme duchess

mein, memeself, and MeMe
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah, anxiety is a feeling that I've kind of normalized my whole entire life. My tritype is 649 so you can kind of get a sense on why, haha. But yeah. Whenever interacting with others, especially when it comes to bigger groups, I can feel underappreciated sometimes. And that kind of leads to me feeling like my company is a burden to the others in my life. Which doesn't seem like such an inaccurate thing, I can list a million reasons why. But yeah. With 7 being my wing, my mind is almost always active so I grow panicky and shut myself off completely from the others around me. I desire to form bonds and connections with others or grow even more in depth with my relationships with them but the constant anxiety and self-consciousness that I feel prevent me from doing that. My therapist has suggested for me to put myself out there a bit more and I've considered that. But I don't want to. I don't ever really want to be in that position of vulnerability. It scares me to kind of think about revealing important details about who I am as a person to another person and realizing the possibility that they just don't care.

I haven't done much to help lessen that anxiety, as I've familiarized myself with it. Regardless of understanding it's unhealthy, I'd still prefer to stay in that space of security than be open about all of who I am and my emotions.

Axwell

MBTI Type
IXTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have type 6 in my tritype second and I feel anxious when I'm not in control.