• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 2] The irony of TWOS in relationships

themarlins

More than anything they want to be appreciated. They want to feel wanted and needed. Ironically, at medium or unhealthy states, when they are wanted and appreciated, they do not like it. It only works when you don't want/need them. Hence, they can fall into a "wanting what they can't have" or even abusive relationship cycle.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
More than anything they want to be appreciated. They want to feel wanted and needed. Ironically, at medium or unhealthy states, when they are wanted and appreciated, they do not like it. It only works when you don't want/need them. Hence, they can fall into a "wanting what they can't have" or even abusive relationship cycle.

I don't think that's characteristic of 2s in particular. A lot of unhealthy people are like that.

Rena

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
I think that's true, but Two's do seem to have perfected that particular dynamic of a relationship. One of my good friends is a Two, and she wrote an article about defining deal-breakers- it was funny, because that's not something I've ever articulated needing to do, but for her, it was something she had to give a lof of thought to. Twos struggle with those types of boundaries, and seem to be likely candidates for feeling/being taken advantage of at times. Here that article if you're interested...

“Deal Breaking” up is hard to do-ooo: Insights on being an Enneagram Two | AllPersonality.com

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

it could also be that at that point in time we don't know what we want, so we think that what we need is appreciation and to feel wanted and its when we get it that we realize that we still feel a void within us.

Unhealthy twos are definitely not pretty. I've ended a couple of friendships during my unhealthy states because of my behavior :sorry:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is this really true? If so, that's interesting.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I guess there's a desire to win some people over, so yea there might be something to it.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think that's true, but Two's do seem to have perfected that particular dynamic of a relationship. One of my good friends is a Two, and she wrote an article about defining deal-breakers- it was funny, because that's not something I've ever articulated needing to do, but for her, it was something she had to give a lof of thought to. Twos struggle with those types of boundaries, and seem to be likely candidates for feeling/being taken advantage of at times. Here that article if you're interested...

“Deal Breaking” up is hard to do-ooo: Insights on being an Enneagram Two | AllPersonality.com

after reading that I'm curious if there's any corellation between twos and borderline personality disorder. I don't mean 2s have that and other types can't but i'm curious if unhealthy 2s can be dxed with that. I'm not a professional pure speculation on my part. I'm also not calling anyone on here borderline. I'm just curious.