• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 9] 9 sp/sx

B

brainheart

I relate to the 9w8 so/sx more than any of the others, but something tells me that it's a result of a vague description and my tendency to project traits onto myself.

Yeah, I wonder about that sometimes, too. Although I felt less that way with the bliss.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I wonder about that sometimes, too. Although I felt less that way with the bliss.

This 9w1 sx/so description was soooo vague.... I wouldn't know if I was an 9w1 sx/so or not.

Sexual/Social

This subtype of Nine may appear least like a stereotypical Nine because the outward sexual and social energies obscure some of the withdrawing and "zoning out" tendencies of the Nine. These Nines are the most connected and assertive of the subtypes of Nine, especially when it comes to relationships. There is still some internal struggle, as with the sexual/self-pres, but overall there is less of a tendency to withdraw. With the self-pres instinct last, this subtype can neglect self-preservational needs in favor of the intensity of their sexual instinct's pursuits. Individuals of this subtype could easily be mistaken for the dominant wing, because the sexual energy tends to flow in a manner similar to the energy of the wing. A Nine with a One wing would therefore appear more One-like and a Nine with Eight might be mistaken for an Eight.

The central conflict for these Nines will still be in the realm of close intimate relationships and these Nines will have many of the same issues and challenges as the sexual/self-pres Nines.

The bliss descriptions were at least not so vague for me.

Quasar

I wouldn't call myself fluffy soft. And I wouldn't call myself spiritual, not in the traditional sense, anyway. My spirituality is I guess just how I experience things, my own personal worldview. The closest -ology it would probably come near would be transcendentalism- more philosophical than anything. I'm not religious.

I feel a very strong connection with nature, moreso than I do with most humans- with humans, relations can seem superficial, dependent on contingencies. Feeling my connection with the non-human universe, which can be accomplished by something as simple as watching an ant climb up a tree, always brings me peace- unless people are messing with nature, then I get all thoreau about it (for anyone who's read walden)

But refined, somewhat reserved, yes.
That's part of what I meant with the spirituality. Feeling "connected" isn't really on my mind. Doesn't mean I don't respect life itself, because I do deeply. For me, it's not so much a connection as it is a reaction. That is, every action we take affects someone else.

Sorry about the fluffy soft thing :blush: The 9w1 descriptions are skewed towards sp/so, I think. It doesn't help that the 9w1 I'm intimate with is sp/so! How would you describe the difference between 9w1 and 9w8, when asked to do it a couple words? Just curious.

I wonder if the nature connection isn't more of a w1 thing, like maybe the w8 would be more inclined to just enjoy playing outdoors, have pets, etc. correct me if I'm wrong-
No, that's accurate, or it is for me. I think the w8 gives us an appreciation (enjoyment) for the natural. Do other 9w8s enjoy comfort above (nearly) all else?

B

brainheart

Sorry about the fluffy soft thing :blush: The 9w1 descriptions are skewed towards sp/so, I think. It doesn't help that the 9w1 I'm intimate with is sp/so! How would you describe the difference between 9w1 and 9w8, when asked to do it a couple words? Just curious.

No, that's accurate, or it is for me. I think the w8 gives us an appreciation (enjoyment) for the natural. Do other 9w8s enjoy comfort above (nearly) all else?

No need to apologize :)

My guess is the 9w1 will be more principled, esoteric, harder to read, the 9w8 more ' what you see is what you get', fun-loving. 9w1, paralyzed by inability to live up to perfection and idealism, 9w8 paralyzed by inability to live up to.... The eight's need for power and control?

I think the wings must harm or hurt you depending on your level of health, so, also, when healthy, the 9w1 will be more skilled at viewing things objectively, living out their ideals, while a w8 will be better at getting things done.

Quasar

My guess is the 9w1 will be more principled, esoteric, harder to read, the 9w8 more ' what you see is what you get', fun-loving. 9w1, paralyzed by inability to live up to perfection and idealism, 9w8 paralyzed by inability to live up to.... The eight's need for power and control?
9w1: "I must do this perfectly." Having a perfect picture in their mind on how things should be, 9w1s may have difficulty going into reality to bring this to fruition: it's enough to imagine, otherwise the picture might come out wrong. Have the ability to change their surroundings for the better when healthy.

9w8: "I must live up to their expectations." 9w8 will feel the need to do what needs to be done, but not up to the task. This results in the classic Nine-ish shut-down: it's too big too handle, I will never be able to do it. When healthy, their mere presence gives off comfort and they finally have the confidence to tackle life.

The subtlety between the two wings interests me :) It seems, to me, like both react to stress the same way (essentially ignoring the cause), but the reasons are different.

B

brainheart

9w1: "I must do this perfectly." Having a perfect picture in their mind on how things should be, 9w1s may have difficulty going into reality to bring this to fruition: it's enough to imagine, otherwise the picture might come out wrong. Have the ability to change their surroundings for the better when healthy.

9w8: "I must live up to their expectations." 9w8 will feel the need to do what needs to be done, but not up to the task. This results in the classic Nine-ish shut-down: it's too big too handle, I will never be able to do it. When healthy, their mere presence gives off comfort and they finally have the confidence to tackle life.

The subtlety between the two wings interests me :) It seems, to me, like both react to stress the same way (essentially ignoring the cause), but the reasons are different.

' its enough to imagine. Otherwise the picture might come out wrong.' Ha ha, precisely.

Quasar

I just realized my 9w8 description is probably very 6-influenced. Would anyone else like to make one?