• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 3] 3w4s - Do you feel bipolar

username666

I find the 3 type and 4 type very different.. and 3w4 people will have good qualities of the 3 and bad qualities of the 4

This makes for highs and lows such as optimistic/depressive self-confident/stubborn and moody etc..

Just wanted to know if anyone shares this experience and not just me being actually bipolar

G

garbage

Yeah

Here's something I wrote a while back:

This all boils down to me basically having two distinct modes of operation, though with one clearly at the forefront. I'm not sure what to call them. Maybe spontaneous and focused. Diplomatic and determined. HR and CEO. ENFP and ExTJ. Sanguine and choleric. 4w3 and 3w4. I can still organize and plan with the best of them--my tertiary Te was definitely heavily exercised by my technical background--but I find that that's not really who I am. It's not my driving force.

So, this journey has always been about discovering and establishing myself in the context of this massive world. Recently, it's also been about doing everything I can to help other people realize their own potential, too, and I relish those opportunities.

Rena

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
I do know what you mean- I think it's because the Three and Four are contradictory types, so there is going to be some degree of internal conflict. For me personally, I feel like the Four side of me gives me more depth of character and helps balance the tendency of Threes to be fake. Fours keep it more real, and I'm able to be more down to earth than some of my 3w2 friends.

So overall I see the Four wing as a real advantage, and I think it's helped me progress more in my self-development as a person. :)

psyche

I am a 4w3 and I understand what you mean. I find that my 4 and 3 can really be in conflict. But they also really balance each other. It just depends on how healthy I am at any given time whether they work together or against each other.

I think many, if not all, core and wing types are "opposites" (4/5, 9/8, 7/6, etc.). That's the way the Enneagram is structured; we're supposed to use our core type to strike a balance between our two wing points.

Chloe

I dont feel bipolar.

and conflict is between NF(P) and 3 and not 3 vs 4.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find the 3 type and 4 type very different.. and 3w4 people will have good qualities of the 3 and bad qualities of the 4

This makes for highs and lows such as optimistic/depressive self-confident/stubborn and moody etc..

Just wanted to know if anyone shares this experience and not just me being actually bipolar

lol, how is stubborn the opposite of self-confident?

Well, I certainy seem to have this bipolar thing. I have some rather contradictory attitudes that pop up from time to time. Like being a super elitest jerkbag who wants to do everything as fast as possible, get out of my way, I'm going to kill you. Or super laid back, modest, humble, peaceful and real (or at least I feel that way when in this mood).

When I take enneagram quizzes, I either score highly on the assertive/aggressive kind of types 3s, 8s, 7s, or high on the complete opposite, like 5, 6, 9s, and every time I answer as honestly as I possibly could and feel that the result is 100% correct, even if it was different to last weeks :huh:

So I'm not so sure whether it's NF versus 3w4 or just the 3 versus 4... :thinking:

Chloe

Well, I certainy seem to have this bipolar thing. I have some rather contradictory attitudes that pop up from time to time. Like being a super elitest jerkbag who wants to do everything as fast as possible, get out of my way, I'm going to kill you. Or super laid back, modest, humble, peaceful and real (or at least I feel that way when in this mood).

that's J (=3) vs P conflict? when your 3 is super active you're like bolded. Achiever. Opposite is NP, obviously achieving is not first priority.

When I take enneagram quizzes, I either score highly on the assertive/aggressive kind of types 3s, 8s, 7s, or high on the complete opposite, like 5, 6, 9s, and every time I answer as honestly as I possibly could and feel that the result is 100% correct, even if it was different to last weeks :huh:

you score as 5,6,9 when your 3 is tired, weared out (goes to 9 and 6), or when you're more in your entp mode.

So I'm not so sure whether it's NF versus 3w4 or just the 3 versus 4... :thinking:

but nothing you wrote in this post is pro-4, you wrote only 3(J) vs. P conflict for ex... where's 4?

and most people who said they have 3 vs 4 conflict are NFs (in this thread). 3 and NF is very different, and 4 matches NF very good... and 3 and P is very different... :/

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
that's J (=3) vs P conflict? when your 3 is super active you're like bolded. Achiever. Opposite is NP, obviously achieving is not first priority.

you score as 5,6,9 when your 3 is tired, or when you're more in your entp mode.

but nothing you wrote in this post is pro-4, you wrote only 3(J) vs. P conflict for ex... where's 4?

and most people who said they have 3 vs 4 conflict are NFs (in this thread). 3 and NF is very different, and 4 matches NF very good... and 3 and P is very different... :/

lol, you're right I never thought of it that way :doh:

Rena

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
.......and most people who said they have 3 vs 4 conflict are NFs (in this thread). 3 and NF is very different, and 4 matches NF very good... and 3 and P is very different... :/

I agree that 3 in contradictory to Perceiving- but not sure how it would conflict with N and F- can you explain?

Also- King of Despair- love, love, LOVE the pic- big toothless fan. :hi:

Chloe

I agree that 3 in contradictory to Perceiving- but not sure how it would conflict with N and F- can you explain?

By definition 3 means having no feelings, blocking them because they distract you from the "important" stuff (achieving your goals), that contradicts F, and especially NF because NFs are all about feelings. Also, more severe case of 3 is all about achieving goals no matter what, while NFs care very much about being authentic. 3 doesnt know what authentic means!!! Only knows what "should be done" to be successfull. This is why 1 and 3 can at first look the same bc 3 knows what should be done so she can be good, moral, "right", and 3 so she would not FAIL.
NF doesnt know about failure, because being yourself is all that is important.

i am bit uninspired now for better explanation so maybe later.

i had some idea of how healthy 3 (i mean REALLY healthy) would go very well with NF, but i dont know for sure just a hunch, because 3's "gift" is "truthfullness" and NFs go very well with that. But we're talking about average 3 here..

thought i think NFJ and 3 is much better match than NFP and 3.

I dont really see a need for wings. Wings usually describe MBTI type. For ex. NT and type 4, will be "4w5" in most cases, and NF and type 4 will be more often 4w3 than NT will, it only describes MBTI type.... because if you look at more closely what being 4 really means - it's so much different than being 3 than you cant be imo 3w4, you'd be nuts completely and your 3/4 wouldnt serve you at all.
or if you're NT type 4, and you type yourself as 4w5, when you read superficially E5's characteristics you'll find yourself but only because you're NT, not because you relate to 5 for real. if you go and read real 5 fixations and whats behind that behavior you'll figure that you dont really use that defenses (asuming you really are 4).

because if you look at your reaction to stress - 3 blocks all feelings. I know it very well. I cant feel anything if i'm very stressed it's not even funny... while 4 will be very dramatic and feel A LOT. how can i then be 3w4? how would i act during stress? it's very opposite. only way to explain conflict in 3w4s and 4w3s is by looking at NF and thinking how my NF conflicts with 3, and while as NF i have deep feelings and lots of them, as 3 I'm completely blocked and "doer"

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

lol, thanks, he's like a giant cat-dog :yes:

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You mean, do I want to be President of Harvard, a Nobel Prize winner, an astronaut and American Idol winner and whine like a bitch because it hasn't happened yet?

Yes, but being ENTP makes me forget and...YUMMY do I smell ORANGE CHICKEN?? :chicken:

Evadne

MBTI Type
INFJ
I can shift from being assertive, goal-oriented, playful, helpful and extroverted to whiny, moody, sad and bitchy in a matter of minutes, depending on the circumstances and level of health.

It's like having a period, only every single day of your life. And if I am at that time of month, it's like double the intensity.

KiwiBurst

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
I have a ENFP 3w4 friend who says she feels bipolar sometimes.

Lavos

MBTI Type
ENTP
Perhaps what I've experienced could be better described as somewhat uncontrolled outbursts of emotion due to overusing repression, after which I go back into 3 mode.

Rena

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Perhaps what I've experienced could be better described as somewhat uncontrolled outbursts of emotion due to overusing repression, after which I go back into 3 mode.

Yep. I agree. :yes:

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Well... things make a lot more sense to me now. I often feel bi-polar, now I have something to call it, 3w4.