• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 9] Type 9 women

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just realized that pretty much all of the 9's that I know/have observed have been men. The only 9 women that I know are my aunt and grandmother, but I don't really talk to them much.

So, from your perceptions, what are 9 women like compared to men? If you're a type 9 woman, what have you observed about this? If you're a guy, what have you noticed when comparing yourself?

They seem pretty different yet the same when I compare them to myself. It's interesting.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I just realized that pretty much all of the 9's that I know/have observed have been men. The only 9 women that I know are my aunt and grandmother, but I don't really talk to them much.

So, from your perceptions, what are 9 women like compared to men? If you're a type 9 woman, what have you observed about this? If you're a guy, what have you noticed when comparing yourself?

They seem pretty different yet the same when I compare them to myself. It's interesting.

I think a lot of them misidentify themselves as 2's, because 9's get lost in social context and society often pressures women to conform to the 2 stereotype. It's not as noticeable with guys of course, because 8 is the male stereotype and 8 is a wing. I know a female 9, but she often behaves like a 2 or a 4. She's very 9 though, the spaciness, the conciliatory attitude, the serene spiritual air about her.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From my experience, the differences between males and females 9 are not especially higher than among others enneatypes... Females 9 are generally cute and easy to get along with, like we could predict. I think there's maybe more differences between males and females 9w8. Males 9w8 often show an attitude of strength, and like to exibit a virilious side and bravado.We have often a sort of "macho vulnerability" that females, of course, can't have. I've heard that Miley Cyrus is an 9w8 Sx/Sp, if I compare with you, there's such a contrast. As others famous examples of females 9, I think also about aunt Beru from Star Wars or Fred from AtS or maybe Bubbles from The Powerpuff Girls.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
My girlfriend is a type 9 (9w1 i think). They're usually more chatty and somewhat less laid-back than males, meaning that they have a slight 6-ish aura (without the reactivness and real anxiety, though). There's actually a rather big difference in their whole demeanor, however it's not easy to analytically dissect where the diversity really lies.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think a lot of them misidentify themselves as 2's, because 9's get lost in social context and society often pressures women to conform to the 2 stereotype. It's not as noticeable with guys of course, because 8 is the male stereotype and 8 is a wing. I know a female 9, but she often behaves like a 2 or a 4. She's very 9 though, the spaciness, the conciliatory attitude, the serene spiritual air about her.

A lot of 9's can look like 2's in a social setting regardless, especially if they are a social first. Hmm. 9's are basically social chameleons; so it's kind of hard to identify other ones.

From my experience, the differences between males and females 9 are not especially higher than among others enneatypes... Females 9 are generally cute and easy to get along with, like we could predict. I think there's maybe more differences between males and females 9w8. Males 9w8 often show an attitude of strength, and like to exibit a virilious side and bravado.We have often a sort of "macho vulnerability" that females, of course, can't have. I've heard that Miley Cyrus is an 9w8 Sx/Sp, if I compare with you, there's such a contrast. As others famous examples of females 9, I think also about aunt Beru from Star Wars or Fred from AtS or maybe Bubbles from The Powerpuff Girls.

It's really difficult for me to spot female 9's though. I'm just so used to the male ones. When I saw Miley Cyrus she was really agreeable and "cute" as you put it; so I can see that. She also seemed kind of aloof.

Hmm. This is weird. My perceptions of 9's are entirely male.

They're usually more chatty and somewhat less laid-back than males, meaning that they have a slight 6-ish aura (without the reactivness and real anxiety, though). There's actually a rather big difference in their whole demeanor, however it's not easy to analytically dissect where the diversity really lies.

I can see the 6ish aura in my aunt; who's an ISTP 9w8 sp/sx. I see what you mean.

And bolded is exactly my issue. It's really hard to dissect the diversities.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm 9w1 and I seem to come off as sort of cold, uptight, and aloof and a bit mousy at first.

Then once people get to know me, they realize I'm laid back and pretty accepting and I have a good sense of humor, but at the same time have kind of a low tolerance for certain kinds of BS.

That doesn't make a whole heck of a lot of sense, does it?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's really difficult for me to spot female 9's though. I'm just so used to the male ones. When I saw Miley Cyrus she was really agreeable and "cute" as you put it; so I can see that. She also seemed kind of aloof.

Miley Cyrus is also ENFP.

Hmm. This is weird. My perceptions of 9's are entirely male.

I'am in the same way. I think it's because I like to identify with people and that it's more easy with male people. So, when I learn than Ringo Star or Jimi Hendrix were 9w8, that interest me and I want to learn more about them to see what we have in common, and better understand them in order to better understand me. Same when I learn that John Lennon was a Sx/So 9, that interest me and love to see how our mode of expression can be similar, when I understand that Spike and Angel from BTVS and AtS are both sexual 9, that interest me and strongly indentify with them. At the contrary, it does'nt seem natural to identify with a girl or a woman: when I have learn that Jennifer Aniston is 9, that left me totally cold and uniterested, same when I've learn that Janet Jackson is a 9, same for Miley Cyrus.

I'm 9w1 and I seem to come off as sort of cold, uptight, and aloof and a bit mousy at first.

Then once people get to know me, they realize I'm laid back and pretty accepting and I have a good sense of humor, but at the same time have kind of a low tolerance for certain kinds of BS.

That was also my impression when I have seen your video.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess that you don't especially like her, right?

ilovereeses

MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
9w8
I guess that you don't especially like her, right?

I thought she was alright originally, but she's gotten more annoying as she's gotten more and more famous. The limelight poisoned her soul! :(

I know that I don't know her personally and shouldn't judge, but that's what I see from what she puts out there.

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1

That doesn't make a whole heck of a lot of sense, does it?
That's exactly how I am.

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx
I've taken the enneagram test probably 4 or 5 times, and gotten a 9 every time but once (I think then I got a 5).

However, I have not read nearly as much on this theory nor do I really understand it much. I get that it's different (Additional to?) MBTI but I guess I don't quite get how they mesh. I know I'm not supposed to be a 9 from my type (INTP).

But as I am female, I guess the ways that I see it working is that overall I eschew strong emotions, in myself or others. I try to keep things cool, level-headed, grounded. This is in an interpersonal sense, doesn't mean that I don't experience strong emotions at times. But I never freak out, I'm one of those people that doesn't jump when there is a loud noise. People come to me when the shit is hitting the fan because they know I can come up with a plan, and I don't judge.

I don't generally like to make people upset or unhappy. Yet, because of my NT obliviousness I sometimes still do. So I could see my 9-ness coming as a result of all the times my mother & others erupted at me as a child for being cold, unfeeling, selfish, etc. when usually I was just distracted internally.

Or I'm way off and I'm not even a 9. I don't relate well to any of the descriptions really, and my distribution doesn't even make sense. Here's a recent test as example:

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||| 42%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 50%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||| 62%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||| 14%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||| 42%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||||||| 82%

type score type behavior motivation
9 20 I must maintian a peaceful and easygoing environment to be happy.
3 15 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
5 14 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy.
7 14 I must be high and entertained to be happy.
8 13 I must be strong and in control to be happy.
2 12 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
1 10 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
6 10 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
4 3 I must be true to my emotions to be happy.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm still new to this theory too, but I relate quite a bit to the 9w8 type. I'm not sure how many other 9s I've met. I suspect an INTP friend is a 9w8 as well. We both hate upsetting people, but I'm going to venture a guess by saying he feels guilty for f'ing up with people more often than me. I beat myself up occasionally, but I don't really feel guilty, perse. It's more like a brief "aw...shit... I could have handled that better.. oh well, I'll just act like it never happened" and I'm done. :tongue:

He seems to have more of a superiority complex, too. But the moment people take offense to that he backs down and kinda mumbles off.

Ugh... yeah, I need to collect more data from other 9s before I can comment more :D

four

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4x3
I know lots of nines, male and female. Almost all of the women in my family are 9s. They have that even, grounded-seeming energy, just as male nines do. When they're not doing so hot, their energy gets more anxious as they go to 6, sometimes extremely anxious and they can become passive aggressive because they aren't great at asserting themselves, or even "knowing" that they are feeling something. They are helpful and kind, but in a less sugary way than 2s can be. This is one of the main differences I see between 2s and 9s, especially if they're females, that energetic difference. Also, in my experience, 9s have a much harder time engaging in emotional conversation. There's a lack of emotional vocabulary, a removal from the heart center (gut vs. heart type) unless the nine really tries to be conscious of it, whereas 2s often engage their own and others emotions quite liberally. Even if they're female, they seem to really struggle with this.

B

brainheart

I'm leaning towards the possibility that I'm a 9w8 sx now, and I'm female. I've always thought 4w5, but it's more the idealized version of me than the real me. What I really relate to-
Sexual nines can have an intensity that often makes them look fourish. They have the passionate desire to merge with another and can idealize potential partners. They tend to merge with the other readily, losing themselves in relationships and fascination. Nines tendency towards fantasizing can take the role of fantasizing about potential relationships, although being basically indecisive and withdrawn, they tend to stay fantasizing and will avoid any direct action in pursuit of the fantasized object. They can be incredibly shy. When in a relationship, they often suffer from a loss of identity, because they become so absorbed in the other person.

I do this way too much. It's not just relationships, though- it can be musicians, film directors, writers that I identify with or wish I was more like- those with more 4w5 tendencies. Then I find myself merging with their personas, and then I tend to lose myself, not sure what's me, what's what I want to be, what's them. Typically, this is all in my head, not something others see much of at all. I keep it very hidden.

Oftentimes I don't feel like I have much in the way of ideas of my own, I just ride the current, hoping people won't ask me what I want to do, because I don't know. Just propose something to me and then I'll know whether it sounds good or not. I can keep going like this for a long time, and then all of a sudden I'll get all resentful that we never do what I want to do.

As far as the 8 goes, I see that come out when I engage in sports especially. I can become incredibly aggressive and competitive. It always surprises people, because typically I am very passive, almost zen, and then out of nowhere I'm throwing the tennis racket and yelling, etc. For this reason I often avoid things which bring out this side because it takes me by surprise, too, and I don't know how to deal with it. I don't like to feel stress or anxiety. For this reason I am a bit of a hermit. I see very little of the one in me, but it, like the eight, can spring up out of nowhere- I can get a little self-righteous and overly principled, which shocks me even more than the eight, because typically I am about as non-judgmental and accepting as you can get.

Also, I oscillate between being conciliatory and complacent and rebellious and assertive.

No one would ever take me for a 2 or 6. I think I often present as a four or a five, sometimes a seven. I think many would see 9 as being too milque-toasty to be me, but those who would think that are fours and fives and sevens, and when I'm with them I behave more like that. I often feel like a shape-shifter, like some sort of transmutable substance.