• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] 5w4

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The bolded I should have made clear. Different types have the same behaviors all the time with different motivations, and I think I was trying to quickly sum up something that should've been better expanded upon.

Also I'd been trying to quickly run through Riso and Hudson for the most basic of basic explanation of differences I could find, and I clearly shouldn't do that without adding an explanation. My apologies.
Oh no worries, I knew what you were getting at, was just clarifying for anyone who might have gotten the wrong idea. :)

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Very nice description.

A lot of it seems to be true for me, but it still seems that I'm too even on 4 and 5 to make a decision. For example, I do focus a lot on myself and individuality, but I am also optimistic and into compulsive analyzing. The fact that I show strong 7 and 8 tendencies confuses things too. How can I be 5w4 and 8w7?

So yeah, I'm probably a type 10 or something, lol

(but I need to invent it first, for another thread...)

Jon_sparky

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
nine
Very nice description.

A lot of it seems to be true for me, but it still seems that I'm too even on 4 and 5 to make a decision. For example, I do focus a lot on myself and individuality, but I am also optimistic and into compulsive analyzing. The fact that I show strong 7 and 8 tendencies confuses things too. How can I be 5w4 and 8w7?

So yeah, I'm probably a type 10 or something, lol

(but I need to invent it first, for another thread...)

5 progresses to 8, and regresses to 7. So there would be times when you would maybe feel like you were these other numbers. The wings can also progress and regress, but it is more subtle.
Keep in mind that it is not your actions but motivations that are the indicator of your number.
Good luck!
Jon

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
My test says:

You are most likely a type 4 (the Individualist) with 5 wing

Social variant

Type 4 SO - most likely
Type 6 SP - second
Type 5 SP - third
Type 1 SP - last

Accurate. I figured this out before I took this test, good confirmation. I do have a social orientation, but I am ironically anti-social and hate people fifty percent of the time. :shock:

LuciJr

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I like this description the best so far. I will bold the parts that describes me very well. I am more comfortable with myers-briggs and socionics than ennegrams.

http://users.actrix.co.nz/grimm/5w4.txt

As far as research scientists go, my interest is social science, not science itself and I would primarily want to deal with theoretical data that focuses on the consequences that it would have on civilization. I am more of an idea person than a people person, but my ideas are there because of my concern for people and I believe in my empathy to do good and my ability to see the bigger picture.

Though vice versa, I am only really interested in people who are connected to my ideas. If you live in a developed country and just got divorce, I don't really care. I will be traumatized by your example of human kind, but I will be distraught for no higher purpose. If you live in an underdeveloped country with five kids and no future, then I want to understand your situation, and compare that to the global situation and figure out ways to change that.

I am empathic to my friends and I take my emotions hard sometimes, but I do always have big ideas in my mind. I believe in global possibilities. When I am older, I want to explore and do all of this, not gossip in someone's backyard about someone's divorce. It really pisses me off to see capable adults spend a majority of their time at work gossiping. *shudders*

I have always been this way, but when I couldn't focus this Ne energy on anything but my emotions, I became a fictional writer. And the implications from my stories about my raw emotions disturb me. So I have stopped writing. I also can't read fiction anymore. All those blah blah blahs annoy me for some reason.

I constantly say stuff like I wish I am a robot, so I don't have to feel emotions.

I like to make lists. I like to plan out my life. I appreciate art a great deal, for the aesthetics and the emotional landscapes. An INTJ looked at a painting of a colorful side of a house and felt nothing while I felt very warm and uplifted because it looked like it was in some hideaway countryside town in Europe and I imagine myself there and the possibilities there.

Do I sound like a 5w4? It's either that or 4w5. I don't clearly understand the difference. :shock:

Usually alot of INFJs are found here. The deep thinkers, philosophers that are a variety of INFJ type.
Also the parts it says they search simple and fundamental explanations of the Universe and how world works, that's always Ni. Ni seek the simple and the fundamental, the core of everything.

MWill

I'm a 4w5. But not so enthusiastic about it. Shocked to see myself described so easily when it's taken years of self-absorbed struggle to understand it all.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I do have a social orientation, but I am ironically anti-social and hate people fifty percent of the time. :shock:
Trust me, that's very characteristic for the social 4.

MWill

I don't think I hate people, just mistrustful and idealizing back and forth, it's fatiguing

B

brainheart

Trust me, that's very characteristic for the social 4.

Not just social four. I'm married to a social six who goes into long jags of hating people. I think all people have a love/hate relationship with their dominant instinct- or rather the preoccupation of that instinct.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Not just social four. I'm married to a social six who goes into long jags of hating people. I think all people have a love/hate relationship with their dominant instinct- or rather the preoccupation of that instinct.
Yeah social 6s can definitely be somewhat on the misanthropic side. Just look at someone like The Amazing Atheist. I just could never imagine a social 3 expressing hate for people in general, and acting antisocial, for instance.