• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] 8's and w8s- Being too blunt?

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Not exactly.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Hahaha - you are awesome!!!
With sister's examle you sound compassionate! I love bluntness+integrity whoch you seem to have!;)

What type is ur sister?

Maybe 9:D

I think she could very well be a 9. Her and my other sister both are very passive, soft-spoken people that frequently lose their temper in irrational situations when their lack-of-speaking up creates a frustration that just explodes out of them from time to time.

Coincidentally.. my sisters and I don't get into fights too often anymore. Usually, I'll end up talking over them and they'll be too shy to speak up just then, making arguing useless.

This thread is interesting since it appears to put 8's on the defensive. There's an element of "good" and "bad", "right" and "wrong".

Good = Acting in a way that's socially acceptable.
Bad = Acting in a way that's socially threatening.

As a consideration for 8's, rather than look at it in terms of "good" and "bad", why not look at it as consequences to actions. If you're fine or neutral with the consequences of your actions, then it's all moot. But if you find yourself on the defensive from consequences, then perhaps it's best to scale back on your bluntness.

835 or 8w7 here and that's my perspective on this subject.

:3 This is usually how I look at nearly everything I do.. Do I have consequences? How bad will they be? Do I care? Can I get away with this anyways? Usually in that order.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Sounds pretty 8. 8's control the environment and world around them to avoid being betrayed and controlled themselves. So by laying everything out from the start, you were controlling how the relationship would go based on how you wanted it so that you wouldn't waste your time and his time. Sounds pretty 8.

And because of this, 8 relationships are based a lot around trust. To trust their partners to not betray them. When this happens, 8's stop the control thing because they feel safe.

Eh, I think it lessens significantly but I never totally stopped it. It's not possible for me to do it. I do agree that trust is a major obstacle for us 8's but at the same time, it can't be demanded by another person. Aw no, hell no, you earn my trust. I can't even comprehend the people who say they trust until someone gives them a reason not to. That's just crazy talk to me. Betraying that trust that I worked so fucking hard to give....you're done. Done, you no longer exist on any level more than an acquaintance to me, if that.

rav3n

:3 This is usually how I look at nearly everything I do.. Do I have consequences? How bad will they be? Do I care? Can I get away with this anyways? Usually in that order.
I don't worry too much about getting away with actions. More focused on "do I care?". If I care, I'll attempt to make restitution by apologising or just not doing it in the first place. If not, it's moot. :shrug: