• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] I'm a 4w3: what does this mean??

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I took the test, got my result but it didnt describe it and my google searches haven't been very fruitful.

can someone give me a description or anything about this? lol

Last edited by a moderator:

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It means you're independent, but you like to make an entrance.

4 lends toward independence; you don't need other people to make you who you are. The 3 wing gives you pinache, and pizzaz in everything you do. You probably attract a lot of people.

--Fuzz (ENFJ, 2w3)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's a pretty short description-

Fours with a 3 wing can sometimes seem like Sevens. May be outgoing, have a sense of humor and style. Prize being both creative and effective in the world. Both intuitive and ambitious; may have good imaginations, often talented. Some are colorful, fancy dressers, make a distinct impression. Self-knowledge combines well with social and organizational skills. When more entranced, often have a public/private split. Could conceal feelings in public then go home to loneliness. Or they could enjoy their work and be dissatisfied in love. Tendency towards melodrama and flamboyance; true feelings can often be hidden. Competitive, sneaky, aware of how they look. Some have bad taste. May be fickle in love, drawn to romantic images that they have projected onto others. Could have a dull spouse, then fantasize about glamorous strangers. Achievements can be tainted by jealousy, revenge, or a desire to prove the crowd wrong.

But the link stepho put is the best. :cheese:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Of course you think it's the best. :laugh: ;)

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
thank you so much :)

and wow... thats SO me its like weird lol

interesting...

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
personally, I trust mbti much more than enneagram, but 4 means you are romantic and 3 means that that are goal oriented and care a great deal about success. 4 is your core type and 3 is kinda like another layer to you that is different. I am also a 4w3, but I also relate a lot to 7s (fun loving, adventurous, risk taking). apparently ENFPs tend to be hard to place between these 2 types. again tho, I don't think enneagram is all that valid. I have lots of traits strongly idicative of several enneagram types.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
personally, I trust mbti much more than enneagram, but 4 means you are romantic and 3 means that that are goal oriented and care a great deal about success. 4 is your core type and 3 is kinda like another layer to you that is different. I am also a 4w3, but I also relate a lot to 7s (fun loving, adventurous, risk taking). apparently ENFPs tend to be hard to place between these 2 types. again tho, I don't think enneagram is all that valid. I have lots of traits strongly idicative of several enneagram types.

yeah, same here. i vacillate between 7w6 and 4w3 but neither really fit.

my main problem with the enneagram is it gets really specific based of off... not much. at least with the mbti, you can break it down and say, ok, well i obviously have strong Ne. my Ni comes out occasionally when i'm dealing with hard stuff. my Fi is good. my Ti blows. so i must be an ENFP. and so on. with the enneagram, it's like, ok so i'm a 4, which means i'm imaginative and empathetic and depressive. or i'm a 7, which means i'm adventurous and fun-loving and flippant. but what if i'm actually neither depressive nor flippant? what if my stress point seems right but not my integration point? with mbti, you can chalk intratype differences to nurture and function, and that's fine. with the enneagram, there seems to be less room for individual difference.

Chloe

, I don't think enneagram is all that valid. I have lots of traits strongly idicative of several enneagram types.

i hear you, but thing is that Enneagram is not about TRAITS, it's about core motivations.
Most Enneagram descriptions suck online, I dont know why, but in books there are many more normal descriptions. Online most are astrology-like, and focusing on traits. of course everyone has traits of many types... what kind of ENFP wouldnt have traits of 7, even if he's 4, bc 7 explains ENFP so good? what kind of NF wouldnt have traits described in 4 profiles?!
having some trait doesnt make you any enneagram type, like in mbti, core motivation does. 7 has very different core motivations than 4.

yeah, same here. i vacillate between 7w6 and 4w3 but neither really fit.

my main problem with the enneagram is it gets really specific based of off... not much. at least with the mbti, you can break it down and say, ok, well i obviously have strong Te. my Ni is not so high. so i must be an INTP. and so on. with the enneagram, it's like, ok so i'm a 4, which means i'm imaginative and empathetic and depressive. or i'm a 7, which means i'm adventurous and fun-loving and flippant. with mbti, you can chalk intratype differences to nurture and function, and that's fine. with the enneagram, there seems to be less room for individual difference.

the bolded.. that's not how enneatypes are written, its just what online info gives you.. as i said; it's not about traits.
i'll try to scan some parts of the book where it's explained how whole enneagram simbol (that star or what) is developed. why 7 goes to 1 during stress, 1 to 4, 4 to 2 etc.. whole that. it actually makes much sense, its not MADE OUT, it's observed in people how they decompensate... .like pealing the layers of onion...

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i hear you, but thing is that Enneagram is not about TRAITS, it's about core motivations.
Most Enneagram descriptions suck online, I dont know why, but in books there are many more normal descriptions. Online most are astrology-like, and focusing on traits. of course everyone has traits of many types... what kind of ENFP wouldnt have traits of 7, even if he's 4, bc 7 explains ENFP so good? what kind of NF wouldnt have traits described in 4 profiles?!
having some trait doesnt make you any enneagram type, like in mbti, core motivation does. 7 has very different core motivations than 4.

oohh, that makes more sense. so it's more about typing based off drive, and then the traits described are just correlations and things that are likely to appear because of drive?

the bolded.. that's not how enneatypes are written, its just what online info gives you.. as i said; it's not about traits.
i'll try to scan some parts of the book where it's explained how whole enneagram simbol (that star or what) is developed. why 7 goes to 1 during stress, 1 to 4, 4 to 2 etc.. whole that. it actually makes much sense, its not MADE OUT, it's observed in people how they decompensate... .like pealing the layers of onion...

that'd be awesome, actually. i generally love esoteric stuff but the enneagram so far just seems like it's been pulled out of thin air. i was disappointed by how little i could find on it.

Chloe

oohh, that makes more sense. so it's more about typing based off drive, and then the traits described are just correlations and things that are likely to appear because of drive?

Yes, ex. type 7 avoids pain and negative stuff so will do anything to see only positive, and it results in traits that it has, which are very similar to enfp.

In enneagram test there is qeustion are you idealistic...which are all NFs... and that question is pro-4, so every NF even if 7 gets points for 4 there. now if they ask you the right questions, like "do you often fantasize about death topic?" - which is question that 7 will likely answer negative, and 4 will answer positive, then the results would be more correct i think.
and... Every ENFP even if isnt 7, gets points for 7 on questions "is it important for you to have fun"

that'd be awesome, actually. i generally love esoteric stuff but the enneagram so far just seems like it's been pulled out of thin air. i was disappointed by how little i could find on it.

I borrowed the book to my friend so I need to ask her to scan it. You have more good profiles on books.google.com type Riso and enneagram, for ex.

Aristocrat

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Being a 4w3 means you are AWESOME! But I'm not biased or anything....:newwink:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I took the test, got my result but it didnt describe it and my google searches haven't been very fruitful.

sorry i kind of hijacked your thread for a second!

4w3 strikes me as motivated, stylish, and independent. :yes:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

sorry i kind of hijacked your thread for a second!

4w3 strikes me as motivated, stylish, and individual. :yes:

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Here's a really great thread that talks about being a 4 and 4w3. I'd look through the whole thread just to get a feel for it.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/24960-type-four.html

Yay, another 4w3! We need more around here! :hug:

Does anyone remember the info that the link led to? I remember reading it once, I think. It had a description of the 4w3 like no other I had encountered to date. Now the link doesn't work... Kinda pissed. Why'd it get deleted (I'm guessing that's what happened)?

Paradoxical TMI'er

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
ENFP 4w3 here. I was an INFP til 28. My last score tied 2,3, and 4. When I read the type 4 description, I am clearly and overwhelmingly a 4. I feel like I always was a 4, but it took a while for my 4 to materialize. In my low 30s, I really dove into writing my own lyrics and making songs. I don't even play an instrument, but I discovered the mind of a music composer. Good luck people! Everyone's different.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Nothing. You are who you are. Don't go trying to adhere to what you feel you should based on this test. It'll ruin you.