• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] The soul child of Type Seven - Point Five

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Wthin every seemingly magnanimous and happy-go-lucky seven is a very miserly, witholding, and withdrawing soul child -a little Five. She holds on to what she has tenaciously, storing all of her candy and her toys away so that the other kids cannot get at them and take them from her. Driven by fear of loss and an inner sense of scarcity, she feels empty inside and afraid that no more sustenance will come her way. For all of a Seven's apparent gregariousness, optimism, and interest in life, this young place inside wants to hide from life and connect with it from a distance. This soul child can also be a nerdy little know-it-all who relies primarily on her intellect. It is likely that in a Seven's childhood, her reclusive, self-enclosing, and solitary tendencies were not allowed, and that she got the message that she needed to be more externally oriented and buoyant. It is also likely that her mental skills got supported and developed at the expense of a more innate and intuitive understanding, turning her into a little egghead who felt disconnected from the other kids. A Seven's sunniness became a way of masking and defending against her inner sense of scarcity and of not belonging, not feeling part of the group or family and not fitting in.

It is very difficult for a Seven, with her need to be cheery, optimistic, and enthusiastic about things, to acknowledge this withdrawn, frightened, and reclusive young part of herself. What feels the most difficult is the sense of scarcity that drives her soul child - the parched inner emptiness and dryness - which initially feels life threatening for a Seven to make contact with. The more she does not judge and reject this part of herself, the more the avaricious and isolating tendencies will transform, especially as her sense of being an ultimately seperate entity - and thus one who is cut off from the rest of existence - is challenged. Her geeky, nebbishy, and bookish qualities will transmute into true embodied knowing, that of the Diamond Consciousness. As her sense of ultimate separation from being and from others comes into question, and her inner desert blooms with all of the flowers of Essence, her soul will truly know directly. She will feel part of the Whole, understanding experientially that separation is impossible, and her okayness will be real rather than reactive.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well hell that's kinda sad isn't it..

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
It's not so bad. It's sad for every type...

Qre:us

Wthin every seemingly mangamious and happy-go-lucky seven is a very miserly, witholding, and withdrawing soul child -a little Five. She holds on to what she has tenaciously, storing all of her candy and her toys away so that the other kids cannot get at them and take them from her. Driven by fear of loss and an inner sense of scarcity, she feels empty inside and afraid that no more sustenance will come her way. For all of a Seven's apparent gregariousness, optimism, and interest in life, this young place inside wants to hide from life and connect with it from a distance. This soul child can also be a nerdy little know-it-all who relies primarily on her intellect. It is likely that in a Seven's childhood, her reclusive, self-enclosing, and solitary tendencies were not allowed, and that she got the message that she needed to be more externally oriented and buoyant. It is also likely that her mental skills got supported and developed at the expense of a more innate and intuitive understanding, turning her into a little egghead who felt disconnected from the other kids. A Seven's sunniness became a way of masking and defending against her inner sense of scarcity and of not belonging, not feeling part of the group or family and not fitting in.

It is very difficult for a Seven, with her need to be cheery, optimistic, and enthusiastic about things, to acknowledge this withdrawn, frightened, and reclusive young part of herself. What feels the most difficult is the sense of scarcity that drives her soul child - the parched inner emptiness and dryness - which initially feels life threatening for a Seven to make contact with. The more she does not judge and reject this part of herself, the more the avaricious and isolating tendencies will transform, especially as her sense of being an ultimately seperate entity - and thus one who is cut off from the rest of existence - is challenged. Her geeky, nebbishy, and bookish qualities will transmute into true embodied knowing, that of the Diamond Consciousness. As her sense of ultimate separation from being and from others comes into question, and her inner desert blooms with all of the flowers of Essence, her soul will truly know directly. She will feel part of the Whole, understanding experientially that separation is impossible, and her okayness will be real rather than reactive.

Thank you for this, Gerbah. I was looking forward to this. :yes:

The bolded, I can see some truth.

I don't know what Diamond Consciousness is though? And, parts of the end sounded nice and abstract, but flowery....couldn't really place exactly what they're trying to get at. The underlined. Don't seperate this inner child from what you project to the world (the 7 persona), merge it? How does one go about merging this?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Yes, what's with the underlined part? I mean...wth.

Qre:us

Found a link about Diamond Consciousness:

Diamond Consciousness & Supermind

Diamond Consciousness
The "diamond consciousness," responsible for the diamond perspective, is like Aurobindo's "supermind" in its capacity to look through all facets. Cosmic consciousness looks without facets so it sees everything, all points of view integrated in one perspective. The diamond consciousness can see all points of view, including the integrated point of view of cosmic consciousness, and hold all these perspectives and as equally valid. (The Elixir of Enlightenment, pg 38)

This Diamond Consciousness is a certain integration of all essential aspects, which can exist in a dimension that is more refined and more objective than the usual, most recognizable one. This dimension is that of the existence of all aspects of Essence as aspects of understanding. All aspects of Essence function in this dimension in the service of understanding. For instance, the aspect of compassion does not exist in this dimension only as the presence of the state of compassion, but also as the precise understanding of compassion and its relation to objective understanding. (The Pearl Beyond Price, pg 187)

In some sense, the Diamond Consciousness is the integration of the mental faculties-intelligence, discrimination, synthesis, understanding and so on - into Being, just as the Personal Essence is the integration of another level of qualities. This aspect of Essence is the source of true insight, intuition, knowledge and understanding. It functions through a capacity of simultaneous analysis and synthesis. Its capacity for analysis is stupendous; it can move in closer and closer, its perception becoming sharper and sharper, and its understanding more and more precise, as one contemplates any subject. It synthesizes all that is available to the consciousness of the individual, making its analysis ever more precise. And it can reverse the whole process, using the insights and perceptions arising from the analysis for greater synthesis. (The Pearl Beyond Price, pg 188)

Diamond Consciousness is the prototype, on the level of Being, of the faculty of understanding. The ordinary capacity for understanding is only a reflection of this capacity. (The Pearl Beyond Price, pg 188)

Diamond consciousness and understanding
Concepts enable us to reach understanding. Understanding is nothing but the understanding of concepts. But ultimately, everything is concepts, and hence understanding is the true revelation of everything. The essential aspect that functions as understanding, which we sometimes called the "Diamond Consciousness", is a manifestation of the absolute reality. Out of Being arises the capacity for understanding, for the encounter between absolute reality and the conceptual reality of the mind. (Diamond Heart Book 3, pg 162)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm..I would think it's more about getting to know that part of yourself and becoming one with it much in the same way a woman becomes a mother after she has a child. That part of you was always there. It just had,kt been incorperated into the whole that is you yet..perhaps.

I think I understand what they are referring to and think as a 7 it would do me very well to stop distracting myself and learn to be content down to the core...without anything. Seems impossible and scary but a worthwhile goal I think.

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I don't know what Diamond Consciousness is though? And, parts of the end sounded nice and abstract, but flowery....couldn't really place exactly what they're trying to get at. The underlined. Don't seperate this inner child from what you project to the world (the 7 persona), merge it? How does one go about merging this?

I was editing out the flowery stuff at first because it's hard to understand out of the context of the whole book, but for the later posts I just left it in.

You found material from Almaas. He is one of Maitri's teachers. The flowery names like Diamond Consciousness are the names he uses in his method of self and spiritual development. I don't follow it exactly myself but according to what I've read Almaas himself has a Sufi, mystical background but his method can be applied by anyone how they choose. It is more about how to find things out for yourself about Reality and your self rather than telling you what that's supposed to be.

Generally in Maitri's and Almaas's approach you cannot perfectly resolve all of your conflicts and anxieties without going beyond the ego personality. Hence, the mysticism.

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hmm..I would think it's more about getting to know that part of yourself and becoming one with it much in the same way a woman becomes a mother after she has a child. That part of you was always there. It just had,kt been incorperated into the whole that is you yet..perhaps.

Yes, something like that. The "soul child" is already there. It just acts out negatively as long as it's not consciously and lovingly accepted. And Diamond Consciousness, etc. (there are other aspects of the "Essential Self" according to the method as well as this one) is also potentially available to all.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Wthin every seemingly magnanimous and happy-go-lucky seven is a very miserly, witholding, and withdrawing soul child -a little Five. She holds on to what she has tenaciously, storing all of her candy and her toys away so that the other kids cannot get at them and take them from her. Driven by fear of loss and an inner sense of scarcity, she feels empty inside and afraid that no more sustenance will come her way.

Ah, this really resonates. Fear of being deprived is a real block to connecting with others.

For all of a Seven's apparent gregariousness, optimism, and interest in life, this young place inside wants to hide from life and connect with it from a distance. This soul child can also be a nerdy little know-it-all who relies primarily on her intellect. It is likely that in a Seven's childhood, her reclusive, self-enclosing, and solitary tendencies were not allowed, and that she got the message that she needed to be more externally oriented and buoyant.

In my family, I was often teased a bit for being off on my own. My parents are both very social, extraverted people and expected me to spend all my time with the family or doing some sort of group activity. There was not a lot of space for me to keep to myself. Everything was loud and boisterous. Also, my mother tended to interpret any negative emotion as some sort of blame so didn't know how to handle it and my father was generally too intimidating for me to approach if I needed help. Being "nerdy" was the only thing I was able to have to myself. Everything else seemed permeated by the emotional bleed over from everyone else in my family.

It is also likely that her mental skills got supported and developed at the expense of a more innate and intuitive understanding, turning her into a little egghead who felt disconnected from the other kids. A Seven's sunniness became a way of masking and defending against her inner sense of scarcity and of not belonging, not feeling part of the group or family and not fitting in.

I think for me, developing a more intuitive understanding would have required acknowledging a lot of painful things going on in my family, so I tried to avoid it as a way to cope with it.

Very interesting. Thank you, Gerbah.

Windigo

Wow! This completely explains my inner world as a child. This is very interesting and makes me want to learn more about the Enneagram idea. What are some good books I can read about it?

Wthin every seemingly magnanimous and happy-go-lucky seven is a very miserly, witholding, and withdrawing soul child -a little Five. She holds on to what she has tenaciously, storing all of her candy and her toys away so that the other kids cannot get at them and take them from her. Driven by fear of loss and an inner sense of scarcity, she feels empty inside and afraid that no more sustenance will come her way. For all of a Seven's apparent gregariousness, optimism, and interest in life, this young place inside wants to hide from life and connect with it from a distance. This soul child can also be a nerdy little know-it-all who relies primarily on her intellect. It is likely that in a Seven's childhood, her reclusive, self-enclosing, and solitary tendencies were not allowed, and that she got the message that she needed to be more externally oriented and buoyant. It is also likely that her mental skills got supported and developed at the expense of a more innate and intuitive understanding, turning her into a little egghead who felt disconnected from the other kids. A Seven's sunniness became a way of masking and defending against her inner sense of scarcity and of not belonging, not feeling part of the group or family and not fitting in.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
STOP LOOKING INTO MY SOUL?!?!?!

LOL.

Really though, the childhood part is totally reversed for me. My parents frowned upon too much extraversion and sociability. I was pushed into being an egghead, or rather, I was naturally nerdy and it was a 'safe place' for me as well.

The scarcity model. Interesting.

Geno

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Thank you for scaring the hell out of my soul.:wtf: