• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 1] The soul child of Type One - Point Seven

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Inside of the moralistic, righteous, and upstanding stance of a One is a young child who cares nothing about being good or doing the right thing. He only wants to play and have a good time and to take in all of the wonderful things that life has to offer - a little Seven. A One's soul child wants to sample every piece of chocolate and have a bite out of all the other children's cookies. He is a little glutton, wanting to grab exciting tidbits of everything he can get his hands on, and wanting to have three different activities going on so that he can jump from one to another whenever things get monotonous. His gluttony may reach hedonistic levels, in which the supressed essential quality of the Yellow or Joy makes its distorted appearance as indulgent pleasure seeking. The all-too-familiar Moral Majority spokesperson or evangelical Christian who gets caught with his hand in the till or his pants down is the leaking through of this sensualist and born vivant soul child.

As a One moves beyond his judgments and self-criticism, and is able to allow this pleasure-seeking young part of himself, the distorted manifestations will gradually transform. He will understand that behind his condemnations of the sinfulness and imperfections of others is an attempts to defend agains his own soul child. He tries so hard to be good because he got the message early on that his desire to have fun and play was not acceptable. Enjoyment itself was something that seemed taboo, and so life became hard work and a matter of shouldering a heavy burden. The more he penetrates his soul child's desires, the more he will get in touch with the love and delight in life itself that underlie them. Joy in the creation, the handiwork and manifestation of Being, will suffuse his heart, and he will turn his focus away from what is wrong with everything to how wonderful it all is.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
...but gebrah, enjoyment/indulgence is taboo, and life is hard work and a matter of shouldering a heavy burden. ;)

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Haha, your 7 soul child and my 8 soul child should get together for a play date some time :tongue:

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha, your 7 soul child and my 8 soul child should get together for a play date some time :tongue:

I hear ENFJ/ISTJ aint a bad match either ;)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh my god this makes so much sense! Now I'm totally certain that I'm a 1. I mean, the "soul child" is the part of you that you've tried to suppress for most of your life, right? And that you often think of as a nemesis instead of a friend? If I'm understanding it right, then yes, I completely and totally relate.

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Yes, in a nutshell, it acts like a nemesis as long as it isn't accepted, but once you treat it as a friend, it makes you feel more fulfilled.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But I feel like that's almost universal. Doesn't everyone who holds his or herself to a high standard, when they NEED to get something done and keep getting distracted and it gets in the way, get frustrated by that to a certain extent?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so...is one a typical istj eneagram? is that possibly what might attract an istj to a type 7 enfp? or a cause of conflict? just curious.

edit: nevermind just read the type compatibility thing and whoa....completely accurate.

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
But I feel like that's almost universal. Doesn't everyone who holds his or herself to a high standard, when they NEED to get something done and keep getting distracted and it gets in the way, get frustrated by that to a certain extent?

I'm not sure what you mean. Yes, it's universal that if a person has any problem or issue that they constantly avoid, they get frustrated and the problem doesn't just go away.

The soul child though is specifically issues that are often unconscious or repressed, so it can be difficult to be aware that you even have a problem, or why you might be having certain problems and what you need to do about it. Soul child problems also feel deeper and more significant than just mere bad habits. In Enneagram these more subconscious issues seem to correlate in a certain pattern according to type because your Enneagram type is a reaction and repression of the issues of its corresponding soul child.