• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] The soul child of Type Eight - Point Two

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Within the tough and no-nonsense Eight who delights in testing his/her grit and that of others, dominating and controlling life, and triumphing over any adversity lies a needy, clingy and lonely little Two-ish soul child who is desperate to be loved and held. An Eight's soul child wants to snuggle up to others, getting as close as possible, and can be insistent and demanding about it. Beneath an Eight's show of strength is this soul child who is filled with all of the emotions she considers weak – needing others, fearing rejection, insecurity, and a deep sense of sadness and loneliness. With the sense that her contactful and loving qualities were not wanted as a child, an Eight reacted by essentially saying “F*** you!” to everyone she felt dependent on, and set out to prove she didn't need anyone or anything. She hid what felt like her vulnerable soft underbelly behind a veneer of callousness and in the process closed down her openness and receptivity.

As Eights contact the defensiveness behind their pride and the sense of rejection and neediness that underlie it, they may feel as though their whole world will collapse. They have done everything not to feel those “weak” places in their soul and often feel they will not survive if they allow them to emerge. As they let themselves contact their neediness and pain, their hearts can open again and the soul become permeable. They can be touched once again and as they contact reality with less and less of a thick and defended skin, they will gradually feel more connected with life. Instead of trying to wrestle with life for what they need, they will find their soul relaxing, melting and merging with their essential nature, whose honeylike nectar fills their soul in the form of Merging Gold. Instead of fighting with reality they will be united with it, and as they progressively surrender more and more fully to their Being, they will find fulfilment and loving union rather than the capitulation they had feared.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:( okay...these are all so sad to me...feeling very maternal towards these soul children. :cry:

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Beneath an Eight's show of strength is this soul child who is filled with all of the emotions she considers weak – needing others, fearing rejection, insecurity, and a deep sense of sadness and loneliness. With the sense that her contactful and loving qualities were not wanted as a child, an Eight reacted by essentially saying “F*** you!” to everyone she felt dependent on, and set out to prove she didn't need anyone or anything. She hid what felt like her vulnerable soft underbelly behind a veneer of callousness and in the process closed down her openness and receptivity.

:shock: Um...well then. Yes, all of that is quite accurate.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Oh yes, this is true.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
btw is there a reference for this?

The Spiritual Dimension of the Enneagram: Nine Faces of the Soul

I had the same question. I bought it a few days ago but it hasn't come yet.

T

ThatGirl

This thread reminds me of when Larry confronted Atilla the Hun, in Night at the Museum.

Tried to find a video, couldn't.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
Within the tough and no-nonsense Eight who delights in testing his/her grit and that of others, dominating and controlling life, and triumphing over any adversity lies a needy, clingy and lonely little Two-ish soul child who is desperate to be loved and held. An Eight's soul child wants to snuggle up to others, getting as close as possible, and can be insistent and demanding about it. Beneath an Eight's show of strength is this soul child who is filled with all of the emotions she considers weak � needing others, fearing rejection, insecurity, and a deep sense of sadness and loneliness. With the sense that her contactful and loving qualities were not wanted as a child, an Eight reacted by essentially saying �F*** you!� to everyone she felt dependent on, and set out to prove she didn't need anyone or anything. She hid what felt like her vulnerable soft underbelly behind a veneer of callousness and in the process closed down her openness and receptivity.

*Hides under the bed* :cry:

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I identify about equally with Enneagram types Eight, Seven, and Five.... but after reading the soul child descriptions for all three of those types, I think I identify with this one the most. Being able to be vulnerable is important to me, but it's a side I show to very few people whom I trust deeply. And I'm a huge loudmouth, but a cuddlewhore. :wubbie: I don't see these as being at odds, though I think that other people might, but rather just two sides of a complex human being. And I think all of us are complex.