• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] How to argue with an 8w7

Windigo

Wow, I tested 8w7. I don't know what that means, but I have lots of friends who don't think I'm a caveman . . . . er . . . woman. I've never backed out of a fight and even talked a guy on crank out of knifing my good friend . . . but no one has ever accused me of barking orders (except my kids-and thats only after reason, pleas and other things haven't worked sufficiently.)

It sounds like we're using Enneagram as a politically correct way to be prejudiced here.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think I know any 8s at all, but I love these completely subversive strategies.

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I think I've met an 8 before. Men 8s are different than woman 8s btw. But what I found is I can't hold my ground with an 8 in a work situation but can in an interpersonal encounter. One other thing is I found that IV stack makes a big difference in whether I get in problems with this Etype. I don't appreciate, for example, estj 8 types who are trying to climb the ladder.

at work i'm comfused when a E2 acts like an 8. For sure I have problems with this person!

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Well when you aren't submitting to them, yet letting them be correct. That's how I deal with them, and it infuriates them. It's the 9w8's passive way of controlling the environment- be totally unaffected and control it by being this way. Like being a giant boulder resisting a river or flood. 8's control everything to avoid being controlled themselves, so when they detect that I'm not being controlled yet turning everything around and controlling them by not submitting, they get more angry. It's funny.

I have much less issues with 8w9s than I do with 8w7s. 8w9s don't try to overwhelm people like 8w7s do, 8w7s think that the best defense is a good offense in life, while it's the opposite for an 8w9. They think that the best defense is to be unbreakable.

I doubt the 9's issues of dealing with it by completely ignoring actually works, they'll just push harder and harder when they know you are a pushover. Sometimes ignoring works, but sometimes fighting back is a another way to deal with it.

You kind of have to use a bit of both. One thing to do is don't try to overpower them at once in a conversation or battle (that is impoosible, because if you shout hard, they'll just shout harder), you got to fight a long protracted war and break them down.

It's another thread where people make shit up. Par for the course.

You know Jaguar, I have so much respect for you I am just going to let you have the last word.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Monkey Dance

[YOUTUBE="wvsboPUjrGc"]8w7 Monkey Dance[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="KMU0tzLwhbE"]Developers!![/YOUTUBE]

DEVELOPERS!! DEVELOPERS!!! DEVELOPERS!!! DEVELOPERS!!

Jon_sparky

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
nine
I have worked with a 8 w 7 wing for 21 years. What I have found that works best is to agree with waht they say, when they give you work assignments, agree to them all, the do nothing. the next time they ask about it, agree with them, then do nothing, works great! It is not like you are breaking the rules, just not following the rules... Eventually there will be a confrontation, and it will work out.
Jon

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
I haven't figured out how to argure with my 8 friend (don't know wing). Body armour is typically in order.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
When he issue verbal threats, say you are only forgetful and have panic attacks. You cannot remember anything when someone shouts and yells.

close.

dont stop at memory.
if threatened, loose your voice. and the rest of your mind.

if a command does not make sense to me, i will possibly indicate that i do not understand it. i will ask to clarify and make gestures like holding my head slantwise, reading from his lips and still fail to comprehend. it is only honest because i dont comprehend these people, so it is easy to do. i have recently tested this with a drunken psycho who got mad at me in a supermarket. i have learned this technique from my mother, who finally found a way to ignore the commands of my father. she developed a bad case of alzheimer's. it does not really stop him from repeating his commands for a while, but he can hardly argue with someone who does not understand any of it. (i am not saying anything of this is related to enneagram)

the important thing in this technique is to really feel into how it is the truth that i do not comprehend him. this disconnects me emotionally, so i am all silent inside. and acting out this "not comprehending" reassures this stillness in my mind. i will not mix the event with projections from my shadow, that would wrap the event into images, that make me believe that i do understand what is going on with this psycho. images like i have him figured out: "he is stupid, empty inhumane, simple". i must be mildly curious, but not about what he says, only about the hidden things. literally asking him to clarify is problematic. i must not mean it. that would be like inviting a vampire in your house. best to use nothing but gestures.

Jon_sparky

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
nine
Since my 8 w 7 is also ome what bipolar, I did a technique that worked quite well, when he started ranting at me, I yelled at him to SHUT UP! It was amazing, as this was not the programed response that he expected, instead of gettign the "now calm down" response, it was like dumping a bucket of water on his head, cooled him right down. This is difficult for a one to do, but it worked!

Ape

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTP
Enneagram
8w7
I'm 8 w7 and a chill cat for the most part, but if people repeatedly do dumb things that fuck with efficiency, I will confront them at threat of violence level, to get them to change tactics/techniques.

Drives me fucking nuts when people are repeatedly inefficient.

Efficiency in it's purest form is beauty incarnate and it gives me cerebral wood

My wrath to the dude/chick that fucks with my wood world

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm 8 w7 and a chill cat for the most part, but if people repeatedly do dumb things that fuck with efficiency, I will confront them at threat of violence level, to get them to change tactics/techniques.

Drives me fucking nuts when people are repeatedly inefficient.

Efficiency in it's purest form is beauty incarnate and gives me wood

My wrath to the dude/chick that fucks with my wood world

Wow, have you considered ENTJ?

If that's not it, you're probably ESTP.

Ape

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTP
Enneagram
8w7
Wow, have you considered ENTJ?

If that's not it, you're probably ESTP.

J I am not

Love of efficiency is an 8w7 thing. I did piece work for most of my life, getting a score at the end of the day (ESTP thang) and that probably amplified the trait.

I go nuts when chicks are inefficient with hand jobs, often I will shew them away, so I can finish more efficiently.

That may be taking it too far

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
J I am not

Love of efficiency is an 8w7 thing. I did piece work for most of my life, getting a score at the end of the day (ESTP thang) and that probably amplified the trait.

I go nuts when chicks are inefficient with hand jobs, often I will shew them away, so I can finish more efficiently.

lol no, I think that's perfectly justified.

I don't think I've met an 8w7 ESTP before. Nice to make your acquaintance.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Mod Note: Some posts moved :here so y'all can play there.

As for this thread, let's stay on topic shall we?

THIS FREAKING 8w7 COMMANDS THE HELL OUT OF YOU!?!?!?

:steam::steam::steam:

Nah, kidding, I'm a 7w6 :smile:

--------------
Speaking of 'on topic' -

You can't enjoy sex with a woman because it's not efficient enough? :thelook: I never knew [non 8?] men ranked "efficiency" at the top of their list for sex.

I think Kyueii (ENFP) listed herself as an 8w7. I have a female friend irl, likely ENTP, who I think is 8w7. I don't think she is a caveman, but she is blunt as hell and has a forceful personality. But then, she may be one of those 3s who looks like a 7 wing...Bah, nevermind I think Ennegram is too esoteric for me to really get into the nitty gritty with.

The "Shut Up!" comment on page 1 was funny. It's true, some people just need to see you push back real hard to register a response. Otherwise I don't think they respect you. Accomodating these people is the worst mistake you can make, unless you are being strategic and giving a minor concession in order to win the war.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
depends if you have a gun at the time.

You can't enjoy sex with a woman because it's not efficient enough? :thelook: I never knew [non 8?] men ranked "efficiency" at the top of their list for sex.
Let the man be, he worked hard to reach his under 1 minute average. You wouldn't want some silly chick to spoil his glorious stats.

Ape

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTP
Enneagram
8w7
depends if you have a gun at the time.

Let the man be, he worked hard to reach his under 1 minute average. You wouldn't want some silly chick to spoil his glorious stats.

I'm very competitive sexually, so yes, it is a glorious stat indeed.

Actually, I one time popped off while a chick was putting the condom on my meat hammer, she was not very happy.

Of course, another girl was riding my face at the time and I had just endured several hours of various gals, in a House of Ill Fame (The Trews), playing the five finger flesh flute with my shlong, through the pant legs of my cargo shorts, without relief.

Too much detail?

This concerns me, as I'm kinda new around here, so I'm trying to adjust my Fe, so as to squeeze deep into the herd.

Any feedback is appreciated