• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] How cool are you sevens out there?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are there any sevens who are not cool, and if there are, wtf are you doing!?!

Anyway, I know Richard Feynman was a bit of a nerdy guy, rediculously intelligent, but at the same time, really cool... he was sort of like the alpha nerd guy. How many sevens are there out there who are focused enough to master their subject matter? ... none?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm apparently some weird mix of cool/total dork. I've never been able to figure it out.

Something like people think I'm cool until they get to know me and then they realize I'm a total dork.

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
Define "cool" and I'll be able to answer your question.

Or maybe I just did, by giving such a non-cool response.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm apparently some weird mix of cool/total dork. I've never been able to figure it out.

Something like people think I'm cool until they get to know me and then they realize I'm a total dork.

you always seemed like a dork to me /jks

I have a feeling it's like this for most intuitive sevens... the sensors are just plain cool... :shock:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am the 7w8 poster child, of this I am certain. :yes:

People who are too reserved or boring go into cardiac arrest if they get near me, I really should carry a defibilator. :cool:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Define "cool" and I'll be able to answer your question.

Or maybe I just did, by giving such a non-cool response.

Cool in a general kind of vibey sort of way. Entirely subjective, unless you want to get out some thermometers :)

eg. That person in the streets clearly hangs out with the cool crowd and does all the cool stuff.
eg. I think you're cool homer simpson.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP

Anyway, I know Richard Feynman was a bit of a nerdy guy, rediculously intelligent, but at the same time, really cool... he was sort of like the alpha nerd guy. How many sevens are there out there who are focused enough to master their subject matter? ... none?

I hate to break it to you but not all 7s are famous Nobel Prize winners.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hate to break it to you but not all 7s are famous Nobel Prize winners.

You don't need to be a famous nobel prize winner. I'm just saying he has the quality that I've noticed in sevens, coolness combined with geekiness.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I think 7w6 are more likely to have the dorky/self deprecating vibe to them. I'm a 7w6 myself (I think). Ellen Degeneres is used as an example of a 7w6, I think that sums up your "cool with geekiness [dorkiness]" theory. I don't think the 'geeky/dorky' vibe applies to 7w8s.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you know...i think it's that 7's have such high confidence that we think we're cool so rather or not anyone else does who the hell cares? i don't care...totally don't because being totally you rather that's a total dork or not...it's cool in my book...rock on whichta bad self, ya know?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I'm uncool :mellow:

To everyone else maybe (not you though, me lol) but to myself I'm so cool the ice caps are jealous of me. :devil:

EDIT: and I think you are pretty damn cool, remember, they made a smiley in your honour.
sporty19.gif

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8

I'm kind of similar to feynman (personality, no I am not a Nobel Prize winner)

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To everyone else maybe (not you though, me lol) but to myself I'm so cool the ice caps are jealous of me. :devil:

EDIT: and I think you are pretty damn cool, remember, they made a smiley in your honour.
sporty19.gif

damn that's pretty cool :D

I have a suspicion that there's a cool kind of nerdyness, one that mixes well with the mainstream. It might not be an E7 trait, but instead more of an Ne thing... But there are Se doms that share the quality aren't there?

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I knew an ENTP who I would think was probably 7w6. He was definitely in the cool/geeky category. He managed to be a chick magnet and I had a crush on him (unreciprocated) although he was about two feet shorter than me. After the crush faded, I concluded that he was terribly arrogant and he started really irritating me. After that faded...we got along fairly well.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I knew an ENTP who I would think was probably 7w6. He was definitely in the cool/geeky category. He managed to be a chick magnet and I had a crush on him (unreciprocated) although he was about two feet shorter than me. After the crush faded, I concluded that he was terribly arrogant and he started really irritating me. After that faded...we got along fairly well.

En serio??

He must have had major pheremones. I have a straight male friend who tested as ENFP (I can see that...maybe) and he is short (5'6) but has major pheremones all things considered. Actually, he's just very...hmm, confidence isn't quite the word but it works here.

And I forgot the word for it, but you know how some people just act and carry themselves like they are very attractive? They believe it so others do. Or they are just very *at ease* and it puts you at ease and a secondary off shoot of that is you believe in their attractiveness.

I think 7s are supposed to be defined by a lust for life (or fear of being deprived, same thing ,lol) I think when you have passion and are focused on doing something uplifting or at least exciting, that energy is picked up by others. A 7 would also be most likely to be on the edge of the 'next big thing' which could make you "hip". 7s also often get mistaken for 3's with the desire to make a good impression/appearance. I totally understand the principle "Go for the gusto" (<-- obscure? Calvin and Hobbes reference) and have since I was a kid. Sevens make for natural hams and entertainers.

So I think regardless of our overall 'coolness factor' (OMG I can't believe I actually said that), we add an extra oomph to things we do???? So yes, we can ALL aspire to be alpha nerds. Or coolest geek in the room. (Think Ellen Degeneres) :nerd:

Nerd up!