• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 1] 1w2 Type

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In terms of interpersonal dislike, I don't care if I have to work with someone I hate who is okay with me (because I can very easily set that hatred aside so the job can get done and we can work together and things won't get awkward), but I do care if the person hates me and I like them okay, because I feel really awkward about it, because it's usually pretty easy to tell that they hate me.

Is that related to being a 1w2? Do any of you relate?
I believe I still agree with this, nearly 9 years later. But I would phrase it differently (more clearly?) now.

I hate it when people who matter don't think highly of me. I feel mortified if their reasons for feeling that way are good, and I feel angry and wronged if their reasons are bad.

In the workplace, if a coworker who dislikes me is mature enough to not make it a Thing, I have no problem working with them, and like [MENTION=32520]thepumpkinpot[/MENTION] said, I don't necessarily need to be best friends with my coworkers. Nowadays I wouldn't have much trouble talking to them if their feelings got in the way of us working together - it would obviously be uncomfortable, but not as uncomfortable as allowing the situation to continue. If they disrespected me, that would be different, and even more infuriating - and I would take it seriously to the point of potentially asking my supervisor for input and help backing me up.

Things get more stereotypically 2 when it comes to people in my personal life. If all my friends like someone and I don't, or if I like someone and they don't like me, and I don't know why that's the case, it's like an itch that I can't scratch. I obsess over it until I can find the reason we're not compatible. And it's only when either 1) I fix the incompatibility, or 2) I accept that we're not compatible, that I feel better.

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I believe I still agree with this, nearly 9 years later. But I would phrase it differently (more clearly?) now.

I hate it when people who matter don't think highly of me. I feel mortified if their reasons for feeling that way are good, and I feel angry and wronged if their reasons are bad.

In the workplace, if a coworker who dislikes me is mature enough to not make it a Thing, I have no problem working with them, and like [MENTION=32520]thepumpkinpot[/MENTION] said, I don't necessarily need to be best friends with my coworkers. Nowadays I wouldn't have much trouble talking to them if their feelings got in the way of us working together - it would obviously be uncomfortable, but not as uncomfortable as allowing the situation to continue. If they disrespected me, that would be different, and even more infuriating - and I would take it seriously to the point of potentially asking my supervisor for input and help backing me up.

Things get more stereotypically 2 when it comes to people in my personal life. If all my friends like someone and I don't, or if I like someone and they don't like me, and I don't know why that's the case, it's like an itch that I can't scratch. I obsess over it until I can find the reason we're not compatible. And it's only when either 1) I fix the incompatibility, or 2) I accept that we're not compatible, that I feel better.

How often do you find people compatible with you or like you back ?
Do you think 1w2 can be socially awkward to a certain level?
And do you think it's common for 1w2 to have social anxiety or prone to it?
:Dhope it isn't too far from the subject. But I'm recently interested in that.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How often do you find people compatible with you or like you back ?
I find that I am generally very well-liked - or at least well-respected. Part of why I zero in on it when people don’t like me is because that’s so rare.

That said - I’m pretty choosy about friends. Partially because I have high standards, but also because I’m kind of a weirdo and it’s hard to find people with a compatible variety of weird to mine. (Clearly I have a 4 trifix.)

Do you think 1w2 can be socially awkward to a certain level?
And do you think it's common for 1w2 to have social anxiety or prone to it?
:Dhope it isn't too far from the subject. But I'm recently interested in that.
I’m not sure. I have anxiety, in general, and I think that when 1s have anxiety it can manifest as control issues. I tend to be anxious about group dynamics when they don’t go well, and I have had socially anxious moments during generally anxious periods - i.e. periods when anxiety seeps into most of my thought processes - but I wouldn’t say that I have social anxiety.