• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 1] 1w2 Type

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If I am, in fact, a 1w2, as I suspect I am, it involves a combination between
1. The need to DO EVERYTHING CORRECTLY ALL THE FREAKING TIME, and
2. A need to be liked. Whatever the reasoning is behind this, it's so internalized that I have no idea what it is.

And I'm affected much more by embarrassment than other people - and by that, I mean that it makes me more upset than it would make other people upset. And by upset, I mean a big internal reaction and a hardly noticeable external reaction.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I can imagine they are people that are focused on improving their environment according to their moral standards that have a strong desire to project their values onto their environment as opposed to a propensity to seek agreement within one's environment.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Also, here's some relevant stuff from my posts on other threads:

...I'm notorious in my family for having to explain, in detail, why I did a particular thing, if they don't approve of it, and getting upset when they say that they don't care about the explanation ('cause I always REALLY HAVE TO SAY IT). I'm pretty sure that it's because doing things wrong makes me very, very embarrassed, and that humiliation makes me try to defend myself against further "attack".

...When someone asks me to do things that I'm unfamiliar with, I ask a bazillion questions to make sure I'm doing everything the way it's supposed to be done.

Edit:
I can imagine they are people that are focused on improving their environment according to their moral standards that have a strong desire to project their values onto their environment as opposed to a propensity to seek agreement within one's environment.
...Yeah, I'm definitely like that.

S

Sniffles

LL made mention in the other thread about a description of 1w2 that she seemed to resonate with. I'm guessing this might be what she was talking about:
1w2s in contrast sees the 1w9 focus as too detached from humanity and have a more practical morality focus, for example things between people like ethics and etiquette. The 1w2's focus on where to fix things is more in the trenches due to their 2 wing. They value connections between others above abstract ideals in terms of application of principles. They are more "human" which makes them better suited towards activism than philosophy. They take social issues more seriously and define fairness and what is right less in absolute terms and more what they see is equitable for others. This is why they are said to be natural advocates. In comparison to the 1w9, the 1w2 has less internal conflict between thought and action and feels more compelled than burdened. 1w2s feel more compelled to address what needs fixing in the shared interpersonal space between them and others. They see this as their duty. This combined with using the moral highground to establish and protect personal boundaries between themselves and others makes them seem more authoritarian. While they are harder on others around them and can seem condescending, they are also very hard on themselves. They would have a hard time looking at themselves in the mirror if they didn't take action.
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/24957-type-one.html#post946727

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
LL made mention in the other thread about a description of 1w2 that she seemed to resonate with. I'm guessing this might be what she was talking about:

for contrast, heres 1w9:

1w9s see allowing unnecessary self-interested emotions as detracting from their objectivity. They have a greater focus on abstract and impersonal ideals that can withstand the test of time and endure an imperfect world just as they themselves consistently "withstand" and "endure". They are more stoic and cerebral and may theorize about how things should inherently be, the "perfect" virtues to adhere to, the "perfect" way to live by. It's no accident that many philosophers are 1w9s as constructing systems of thought based on their "moral postulates" is textbook 1w9 thinking, starting with assumptions they "just know"(instinctive) to be right(valuing/feeling) to build systems of thought(thinking). The principal author of the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson, was also a 1w9. The downside of their stronger thinking function compared to their two-winged siblings is experiencing more internal conflicts between what they "reason out"(thinking) and what they "just know to be true"(instinctive). This causes their superego to step in more and lead to a more repressed personality that makes them harder on themselves than others. Spock is a fictional 1w9 and Vulcan history is also very 1w9: "By the 4th century, Vulcan was tearing itself apart. Their rampant emotions combined with a hostile warrior culture led to many wars using atomic weapons. But out of this came a philosopher named Surak, who would propose leading a life governed by logic rather than emotion. His teachings quickly spread, and Vulcan finally began a shift towards peace."

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In terms of interpersonal dislike, I don't care if I have to work with someone I hate who is okay with me (because I can very easily set that hatred aside so the job can get done and we can work together and things won't get awkward), but I do care if the person hates me and I like them okay, because I feel really awkward about it, because it's usually pretty easy to tell that they hate me.

Is that related to being a 1w2? Do any of you relate?

INTP1W2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1W2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also, here's some relevant stuff from my posts on other threads:

Edit:

...Yeah, I'm definitely like that.

I'm big on following directions. Not just other people following directions but me following directions too. I like to please but when I'm given unclear instructions (usually by people who feel they communicate so well but they actually suck at it), I ask questions either once given the task or as I attempt to complete the task and run into issues. When I give instructions, I try to cover all the pertinent details, which is designed to let them know where they can use their own judgement and still be successful at executing the instructions. I respect people who ask USEFUL questions at the beginning and I still respect people who ask questions along the way. It tells me that they want to execute the instruction well, which means they care. But people get so mad when I ask so many questions. Well, DUH! maybe your instructions weren't as clear as you thought if I have to ask so many questions.

I execute in impeccable manner, especially if I'm comfortable with the instructions and what I'm to accomplish (what the goal is). But if, after I do all that, I come back and you tell me you meant something else, I snap, because not only did you send me on a goose chase but then you wasted my time to. Now I can't trust any instructions or directives from you because I feel you don't know what you want until I deliver something. It's kind of like those people that who always want to comment on the ones who take action but they themselves are stagnant because they are too afraid to do anything.

(You know, I did not envision this being this long when I decided I would respond with a BRIEF response while I'm at work)

INTP1W2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1W2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

So agree with this about the 1w2! Over the years, I've often found myself asking myself whose set of moral standards to go with in a situation and I always end up going with mines because mines seem to be more strict and focused. In the end, I often find that my morals even cover others better, which is weird. Kind of scary even. When I come out on top and I self evaluate on how things went and what could have been done better, I realize that had I acted via someone else's standards bar, there would have been a lot more problems. This reaffirms that my standards are higher and the best to go by because I'll always put others first and do what's right by all means. I've taken a lot of punishment, torture, attacks, slander; I've even taken all the above when it wasn't even meant for me...just to preserve someone else. And when it's said and done, all that matters to me, is that my goal of protecting another was successful. When I walk away, seeing that I was successful in MY goal in the situation....oh yeah, damn right it's cocky and arrogant!

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So agree with this about the 1w2! Over the years, I've often found myself asking myself whose set of moral standards to go with in a situation and I always end up going with mines because mines seem to be more strict and focused. In the end, I often find that my morals even cover others better, which is weird. Kind of scary even. When I come out on top and I self evaluate on how things went and what could have been done better, I realize that had I acted via someone else's standards bar, there would have been a lot more problems. This reaffirms that my standards are higher and the best to go by because I'll always put others first and do what's right by all means. I've taken a lot of punishment, torture, attacks, slander; I've even taken all the above when it wasn't even meant for me...just to preserve someone else. And when it's said and done, all that matters to me, is that my goal of protecting another was successful. When I walk away, seeing that I was successful in MY goal in the situation....oh yeah, damn right it's cocky and arrogant!

I love this description. it feels weird to read your own mind and private thinking here, when you never thought that anyone would ever understand you.
and the best part is that no one knows what`s in your head:whistling:
I always second-doubt my judgment, but it always leads to the prove that MY plan was the best option possible according t my humble statistics:D

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In terms of interpersonal dislike, I don't care if I have to work with someone I hate who is okay with me (because I can very easily set that hatred aside so the job can get done and we can work together and things won't get awkward), but I do care if the person hates me and I like them okay, because I feel really awkward about it, because it's usually pretty easy to tell that they hate me.

Is that related to being a 1w2? Do any of you relate?

I relate 100% if I knew someone hates me but they don`t interpret it into actions and externally, then I would pretend that I don`t know and act as if I like them (they might think I LOVE them, which is okay with me but bothering in terms of pride) I hate a number of people but I deal with them like there`s nothing wrong. unless I want to show that hate or I don`t think hiding it would be beneficial.
still, as 1w2, I won`t show hatred like 'normal'. it would be simply by avoiding them or not caring for their feelings from the external harm. or expressing that they are not someone i particularly care about. at all.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Great and exhausting at the same time. Mostly because I feel like I always have to do my very best and everything else is just not enough in terms of my own standards. I'm a true perfectionist in that sense. But it has its pros - I often find myself knowing quite well what to do in tricky and sticky situations and even how to avoid slipping into them in the first place. I remember when I was younger I sometimes asked friends and co for advice when I needed a solution to a new problem, but after the years I've realized it's always been way more efficient to rely on the solutions I made up. Others problem solving skills always seemed kinda meh to me (don't wanna offend or attack anyone with this). It's just the experience I've made.

I often feel like with me it's all about organization and cleanliness. Inside and outside. My internal framework on how to go about things is very flexibel, but the paths I walk through to reach the end goal are always very well-drawn out, clear and precise. (Dunno if anyone gets what I mean with this, hm. No idea how to explain myself better). But what I basically try to say is, I have a lot of strategies on how to tackle certain things, but I twist them as much as needed to reach my goals, and before jumping into it, I plan every step ahead. I analyze people and things a huge lot.
My moral compass is very clear and it's almost impossible for me to feel lost because of it. Somehow it always guides me threw the daily, hard and easier challenges the people around me throw at me.

So what's it like being a 1w2? Well, I'm astonished I don't have head aches very often ... Since I tend to think and analyze the sh** out of pretty much everything. I enjoy the competency, the moral guide, the cleanliness it brings. I don't like the stiffness I display that seems to come with being an E1, 'cause it weirds people out. A huge lot. But I couldn't for the life of me change that. On the other hand, I like people and am often friendly and well-mannered. And I treat the ones I trust like little treasures. But it takes a lot for me to start trusting someone. So to sum it up, I think 1w2's don't have it easy, as they are perfectionists, idealists often as well, but they're competent as hell, they're very responsible and well-mannered, they get through life quite well. But they may often feel let down by the imperfect world around them. Or is that just me?

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Great and exhausting at the same time. Mostly because I feel like I always have to do my very best and everything else is just not enough in terms of my own standards. I'm a true perfectionist in that sense. But it has its pros - I often find myself knowing quite well what to do in tricky and sticky situations and even how to avoid slipping into them in the first place. I remember when I was younger I sometimes asked friends and co for advice when I needed a solution to a new problem, but after the years I've realized it's always been way more efficient to rely on the solutions I made up. Others problem solving skills always seemed kinda meh to me (don't wanna offend or attack anyone with this). It's just the experience I've made.

I often feel like with me it's all about organization and cleanliness. Inside and outside. My internal framework on how to go about things is very flexibel, but the paths I walk through to reach the end goal are always very well-drawn out, clear and precise. (Dunno if anyone gets what I mean with this, hm. No idea how to explain myself better). But what I basically try to say is, I have a lot of strategies on how to tackle certain things, but I twist them as much as needed to reach my goals, and before jumping into it, I plan every step ahead. I analyze people and things a huge lot.
My moral compass is very clear and it's almost impossible for me to feel lost because of it. Somehow it always guides me threw the daily, hard and easier challenges the people around me throw at me.

So what's it like being a 1w2? Well, I'm astonished I don't have head aches very often ... Since I tend to think and analyze the sh** out of pretty much everything. I enjoy the competency, the moral guide, the cleanliness it brings. I don't like the stiffness I display that seems to come with being an E1, 'cause it weirds people out. A huge lot. But I couldn't for the life of me change that. On the other hand, I like people and am often friendly and well-mannered. And I treat the ones I trust like little treasures. But it takes a lot for me to start trusting someone. So to sum it up, I think 1w2's don't have it easy, as they are perfectionists, idealists often as well, but they're competent as hell, they're very responsible and well-mannered, they get through life quite well. But they may often feel let down by the imperfect world around them. Or is that just me?

every single letter ,I relate. especially the bold. I haven`t found a more precise description. for ENFJ it`s more likely that I would agree with half of what`s said, but for enne I stand astonished at HOW SIMILER the thinking is. I`ll be astonished for a couple of days now, like I do after every 1w2 description I read.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
every single letter ,I relate. especially the bold. I haven`t found a more precise description. for ENFJ it`s more likely that I would agree with half of what`s said, but for enne I stand astonished at HOW SIMILER the thinking is. I`ll be astonished for a couple of days now, like I do after every 1w2 description I read.

That's most likely 'cause I'm not an ENFJ.

I once was an ENFP E4 but then have gone to 1. Or maybe I'm just a very healthy four who has adopted a lot of E1 traits, that could be. I'm still quite self-indulgent and extremely creative, but I keep an eye on it. Or else I'd just do what the hell I want, all the fun stuff, and nothing important would ever get done ... and how that turns out, well I made my experience with this, learned from it and moved on.

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's most likely 'cause I'm not an ENFJ.

I once was an ENFP E4 but then have gone to 1. Or maybe I'm just a very healthy four who has adopted a lot of E1 traits, that could be. I'm still quite self-indulgent and extremely creative, but I keep an eye on it. Or else I'd just do what the hell I want, all the fun stuff, and nothing important would ever get done ... and how that turns out, well I made my experience with this, learned from it and moved on.

I meant if it was my MBTI thread I wouldn't relate much. But since it's enne thread (my type) I relate so much even though were different MBTI.

..or maybe you were unhealthy and became healthy. Because you sound so much like enne 1w2. Donno.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I meant if it was my MBTI thread I wouldn't relate much. But since it's enne thread (my type) I relate so much even though were different MBTI.

..or maybe you were unhealthy and became healthy. Because you sound so much like enne 1w2. Donno.

Oh, yeah. Thanks for clarifying that. I misunderstood.

I'm pretty sure I used to be a four. I was a very different person back then. Mostly moody and brooding over life (and the accompanying tragedies), extremely undisciplined, always in my head, chaotic, unpunctual (but that was more because I'm a P and not a J and less related to enneagram). Haha. And I pretty much did care only about my creative hobbies (and school). Back then, when I was introduced to Enneagram, six years ago, when I read the description of the four I was like "okay .... no way I can be a different enneagram, except for maybe seven." It just hit the nail on the head. I also was either typed four or seven by other members of PerC. I think my tritype always was 147 but my four was extremely strong. I worked a lot on myself in the recent years to become more self-reliant, developed more of a go-getter attitude, and found ways to stop the moody and brooding artistic part of me overshadowing everything ('cause I did not like it all that much. I found life very hard as a four and realized I wanted to be someone else.) I really doubt I ever was unhealthy though, to be honest. Never been a trouble-maker. I was at an okayish level for my age.

My four still shows up in my writings or whenever I'm creative, nowadays. I find that amusing.

I myself am still sturprised how much a person can change. But it's possible.

Sorry for derailing the thread a bit by the way.

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, yeah. Thanks for clarifying that. I misunderstood.

I'm pretty sure I used to be a four. I was a very different person back then. Mostly moody and brooding over life (and the accompanying tragedies), extremely undisciplined, always in my head, chaotic, unpunctual (but that was more because I'm a P and not a J and less related to enneagram). Haha. And I pretty much did care only about my creative hobbies (and school). Back then, when I was introduced to Enneagram, six years ago, when I read the description of the four I was like "okay .... no way I can be a different enneagram, except for maybe seven." It just hit the nail on the head. I also was either typed four or seven by other members of PerC. I think my tritype always was 147 but my four was extremely strong. I worked a lot on myself in the recent years to become more self-reliant, developed more of a go-getter attitude, and found ways to stop the moody and brooding artistic part of me overshadowing everything ('cause I did not like it all that much. I found life very hard as a four and realized I wanted to be someone else.) I really doubt I ever was unhealthy though, to be honest. Never been a trouble-maker. I was at an okayish level for my age.

My four still shows up in my writings or whenever I'm creative, nowadays. I find that amusing.

I myself am still sturprised how much a person can change. But it's possible.

Sorry for derailing the thread a bit by the way.

never mind, it was informative. in fact I have a question, would you tell me a couple of hints on how did enne 4 becomes enne 1(or more similar) in a mature way? what kind of thinking it takes for this transformation to happen? from your own experience?

I`m recently interested in how 1 experience 4, whether from inside or from outer world. a useful interaction, if that makes any sense.
and something came in mind, since ENFPs are actually responsible and dependable when they grow up, maybe you just matured but still 4? like, you have strengthened your 1 to the extent that you feel it all over the place(I learned that from an alder person, they said, due to life experience)

lol, I was trying to go back in track of the thread but I went very far away.:D

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] (For some reason it didn't quote your original post as well)

I relate 100% if I knew someone hates me but they don`t interpret it into actions and externally, then I would pretend that I don`t know and act as if I like them (they might think I LOVE them, which is okay with me but bothering in terms of pride) I hate a number of people but I deal with them like there`s nothing wrong. unless I want to show that hate or I don`t think hiding it would be beneficial.
still, as 1w2, I won`t show hatred like 'normal'. it would be simply by avoiding them or not caring for their feelings from the external harm. or expressing that they are not someone i particularly care about. at all.

Most of the time it's me who notices first I don't like someone and those than react to how I distance myself from them, which I always do when there's someone I don't like. If it's someone I think is very shady, I avoid them like the plague. When it's people I just don't like for whatever reason, I'll out boundaries in place. And some take personal offense to that and then become aggressive or confrontational. But I personally think it's stupid and unprofessional to act like that. You don't have to like everyone at work. But to me getting the work done is the most important thing, so I always have this system where I talk normally with colleagues I dislike in order to get the work done, but also have strong boundaries, which means I don't talk about anything private, only work-related stuff - and the usual stuff like Good morning, etc.

To be honest I rarely meet someone I like but they don't like me as well. If that happened, I'd probably not care all that much. Simply because noone likes all their colleagues - that's something I've experienced, so they've done as well. If they don't like me and I get the feeling it's because it's something I've done, I'll ask them what I've done that made them dislike me. I'd hear them out for the sake of getting along better at work and resolve the issue, if possible. I've had people who actually liked me suddenly turn a 180 and distance myself from me because of really silly things though. Most of the time it helps to be honest with them about my reasons for why I did whatever made them dislike me. If I really did something stupid I'd say sorry. If I didn't do something wrong I don't - and still, from my experience, most colleages get over the issue after talking it out with me sooner or later.

Just wanted to give my 2 cents on how I feel about this topic.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It is very weird to have so many people quote-tweeting a post I wrote before I was old enough to drink.

Longer, more thoughtful, and entirely on-topic reply incoming.

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think compared to 1w9 1w2s tend to take the edge off their criticism... they criticize, then follow it up with personableness.