• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 1] 1w2

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
a friend of mine is an entj 1w2. the huge 1w2 energy, followed by down periods. very friendly and sociable, but full of inner conflict. very principled person.

i'd compare him to jim carrey (who i also think is entj and possibly 1w2).

I can relate to that. A lot.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
NFJs are DIRECTING in their interaction style. "Directing over informing" is often conflated with T behavior on TypeC. I would think its far more likely that shes ENFJ. Considering that even 3w2 EXFJs can be overly helpful/martyr like, I would think that a 2 or w2 NTJ would just be a very very conflicted personality. If she appears to be functioning normally on the outside then I'd suspect that she doesnt have such a conflicting ennea/MBTI. Its however completely possible that if she self inventoried she could reveal that, indeed, she is that conflicted (2 or w2 NTJ).

Thank you for the analysis!

Well, it's logical that certain Enneagrams are more "naturally" associated with certain types - ISTJ 6w7 will be much more common than ISTJ 7w8, that's for sure. But as you said, sometimes people really are conflicted and complicated, and then they'll be hard to type. For example, my boyfriend is an ESTJ 1w9 - it's not like this combination is impossible, but it's unusual and it makes him have a lot of NT traits. (I slightly disagree with INTP 9w1 being uncommon - my old best friend was one, and she was pretty easy to type; there's nothing in Ti+Ne that would necessarily conflict with most traits of 9w1, imo.) There's also this friend of mine who is surely an STJ (I'm thinking ISTJ), but she's naturally so artistic, easy-going and fun-loving that she very likely has an unusual Enneagram too.

As for the friend I was talking about before, that's the problem - I do perceive her as slightly conflicted. I've known her since kindergarten and if I should assess her character, I really think that Te is her dominant function, but then, she has extremely Fe goals. It's as if she was inwardly an ENTJ, but decided to use her great efficiency to help people and make the world a better place. I'd say it's possible she's 1w2 or 3w2 and it makes her personality kind of ambiguous.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thank you for this analysis. Do you have a link to a good Socionics test?

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...-tests/20779-check-out-my-socionics-test.html

our own typeC "lemons" made this version... (he has a dif name now)

a friend of mine is an entj 1w2. the huge 1w2 energy, followed by down periods. very friendly and sociable, but full of inner conflict. very principled person.

i'd compare him to jim carrey (who i also think is entj and possibly 1w2).

see! probably didnt even read my post, and she used the same verbiage: "conflicted" :D

PS: agreed on the jim carrey type.

Thank you for the analysis!
But as you said, sometimes people really are conflicted and complicated, and then they'll be hard to type.

As for the friend I was talking about before, that's the problem - I do perceive her as slightly conflicted. I've known her since kindergarten and if I should assess her character, I really think that Te is her dominant function, but then, she has extremely Fe goals. It's as if she was inwardly an ENTJ, but decided to use her great efficiency to help people and make the world a better place. I'd say it's possible she's 1w2 or 3w2 and it makes her personality kind of ambiguous.

how would you describe "Fe goals"? Perhaps your understanding of Fe is whats holding back the typing? (try to give me your description of Fe)

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can relate to that. A lot.

proteanmix is a 1w2 enfj. she is very similarly big presence all over the place.

i know my friend is an entj bc immediately i see the Te and inferior Fi. and the Ni crazy person living inside of him, and the tertiary Se that has this gumbo-legs performing-funny quality to it.

babylon, i think the conflict may be the 1w2 energy and the inability to find a suitable avenue to adequately dissipate it, use it up, etc. along with the difficulty making personal decisions and finding personal motivation on your own when Fi is your inferior and you don't know what to choose and you haven't been able to set solid/stable goals to commit to completely. efjs have something similar but it's the inferior Ti.

either way, ej can be difficult when it has to make personal decisions/life course decisions bc it is out-of-touch with Ji. as a tertiary Ji user i feel this tension/frustration too, and tho i want closure so that i know what i'm dealing with, it forces me to continually stay open bc i cannot solidify what i know to be true (about the world, for myself, etc).

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's weird - you seem like a perfect mix of ESTJ and ENFx. I don't see SFJ, NT or SP even remotely, and certainly not I.

Maybe you're an NF, but being a 1w2 gives you ESTJ-ish qualities?

Hmmm... *ponders and strokes imaginary beard*

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your result for Socionics Test ...
EIE - ENFj
Ethical-intuitive-extrovert

YOUR ANALYSIS (Vertical line = Average)

You scored 92% on EIE, higher than 99% of your peers. (ENFJ)

You scored 76% on LIE, higher than 97% of your peers. (ENTJ)

You scored 75% on EII, higher than 91% of your peers. (INFJ)

You scored 74% on ESE, higher than 90% of your peers. (ESFJ)

You scored 68% on LSE, higher than 83% of your peers. (ESTJ)

You scored 68% on IEE, higher than 76% of your peers. (ENFP)

You scored 68% on IEI, higher than 71% of your peers. (INFP)

You scored 67% on ILE, higher than 75% of your peers. (ENTP)

You scored 66% on ILI, higher than 66% of your peers. (INTP)

You scored 64% on LII, higher than 52% of your peers. (INTJ)

You scored 61% on SEI, higher than 59% of your peers. (ISFP)

You scored 57% on ESI, higher than 56% of your peers. (ISFJ)

You scored 54% on LSI, higher than 43% of your peers. (ISTJ)

You scored 58% on SEE, higher than 66% of your peers. (ESFP)

You scored 49% on SLI, higher than 21% of your peers. (ISTP)

You scored 45% on SLE, higher than 23% of your peers. (ESTP)

Ahhh....much better.

well then... your socionics type would be ENFj or ENTj. For reference, most of the TypeC ENFPs scored ENFp on that test. As a socionics ENFj you have odds of: 1:1:1:0.3 for being ENFJ:ESFP:ENFP:OtherTypes.

So we can narrow it down to:
ENFJ, ESFP, ENFP

ENTj puts you at odds of 1:1:1:1 for being ENTJ, ENFJ, INTJ, INTP.
So we can narrow these down to: ENTJ, ENFJ, INTJ

So in total we have: ENTJ, ENFJ, INTJ, ESFP and ENFP with a 1w2 enneagram.
We know that you will have a conflicted mbti/ennea type. Lets look at these:

Most to least conflicted:
ENFP 1w2
ESFP 1w2
INTJ 1w2
ENTJ 1w2
ENFJ 1w2

I think that if you were ENFJ 1w2, you wouldnt feel nearly as conflicted. So I think we can remove that from the running. I also dont think you are quite as conflicted as a ENFP 1w2 would be. So that leaves:

ESFP 1w2, INTJ 1w2 and ENTJ 1w2. Now theres a simply question to finish this: Are you GET THINGS GOING? CHART THE COURSE? INCHARGE? Then we'll have your answer (just because you're in charge of a class room doesnt necissarily mean you are the IN CHARGE style either ;) ) Understanding Berens' Interaction Styles

I have my own hunch :D

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, what is your hunch? Speak, man, or forever hold your cat litter!

Still, I don't quite follow your logic about how ENFJ 1w2 would not be as conflicted as I am or an ENFP 1w2 would be more conflicted than I am.

Well, I've never quite related to the SP mentality (don't get me wrong - they are lovely people, but....no....) but that would mean according to that logic, I'm NT. I could relate to that A LOT as a kid, but not really anymore. But you ruled out NF, so that means I'd HAVE to be an Se-dominant.

And, well, I really, really, really don't think I'm Se-dom, do you? I mean, been there, freaking done that, and that fits like a fish on a treadmill. Besides, if we are going by Socionics, ESFP fits me only 58%. Nah.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:soapbox: Well, I think you're an ENFx with ESTJ tendencies that come from being a 1.

But that's just me, and I have nothing scientific to back it up.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm an ESTJ and I don't have to be in charge. That logic is faulty.

If you think you need to be in charge and/or be bossy, that's a 1 trait, and you don't need to associate that with MBTI at all.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Let me clarify: I do not need to be a bossy bitch.

I need to feel I am in control in my life and I'm headed in the right direction, meaning my future is a place that is inviting and promising.

By the way - LOVE the new avatar. Really cool. :D

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
:soapbox: Well, I think you're an ENFx with ESTJ tendencies that come from being a 1.

I have the same opinion. LL, based on your video I'd really say you're an ENFJ. I don't mean it in a negative way at all, but something in you feels to me kind of more aggressive than the usual ENFP aura (and I know an ENFP who is VERY dominant), and it seems to me you use WAY more Fe than Fi. The 1 could very well be behind the ESTJ-ish vibe.

I don't have anything scientific to back it up either, but given the nature of MBTI I really don't think it matters :laugh:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I have the same opinion. LL, based on your video I'd really say you're an ENFJ. I don't mean it in a negative way at all, but something in you feels to me kind of more aggressive than the usual ENFP aura (and I know an ENFP who is VERY dominant), and it seems to me you use WAY more Fe than Fi. The 1 could very well be behind the ESTJ-ish vibe.

I don't have anything scientific to back it up either, but given the nature of MBTI I really don't think it matters :laugh:

That could very well be. :) Sounds accurate. I wonder if others also agree?

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm an ESTJ and I don't have to be in charge. That logic is faulty.

If you think you need to be in charge and/or be bossy, that's a 1 trait, and you don't need to associate that with MBTI at all.

god dammit! :D theres a difference between having the IN CHARGE interaction style and always being/wanting to be in charge! (its just the name of an interaction style!!!)

ESTJs are directing and initiating, they are the IN CHARGE style! Deal with it :D

LL is a 1w2 ESXJ. The fact that she is a 1 gives her some of the TJ tendencies. The fact that shes not a 2w3 or 3w2 makes her appear "deeper" than the average ESXJ. She is more informing over directing (even if she thinks she does both), which lines up with SFJ Fe rather than NFJ Fe.

(my hunch is that you are ESFJ > ESTJ...but who knows)
Argue as you like, but thats my final analysis. :D

Well, what is your hunch? Speak, man, or forever hold your cat litter!

Still, I don't quite follow your logic about how ENFJ 1w2 would not be as conflicted as I am or an ENFP 1w2 would be more conflicted than I am.

Well, I've never quite related to the SP mentality (don't get me wrong - they are lovely people, but....no....) but that would mean according to that logic, I'm NT. I could relate to that A LOT as a kid, but not really anymore. But you ruled out NF, so that means I'd HAVE to be an Se-dominant.

And, well, I really, really, really don't think I'm Se-dom, do you? I mean, been there, freaking done that, and that fits like a fish on a treadmill. Besides, if we are going by Socionics, ESFP fits me only 58%. Nah.

ENFJ 1w2 makes too much sense for you. Its not nearly conflicting enough of an MBTI/ennea pair for you! :laugh:

Secondly, socionics and MBTI DO NOT MATCH UP PERFECTLY! So your comment about ESFp makes me :doh: ENTj and ENFj may in fact line up with an MBTI ESFP. But anyways, i agree that that method puttered out. It was built on some shaky assumptions.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
what if your perfectionism isn't the intrinsic desire to be an example of purity, but only a tool that is important to you because of ambition. i often view the entj as three. and only the three could explain, why some entj are ambitious while giving nothing about conventions while other entj are ambitious by being exceptionally conventional. the whole conventional thing is a worldspace or a stage of developement that has nothing to do with type. if you are ambiotious inside of this worldspace, you may look somewhat like a enneagram one, if you are ambitious outside of it, you may look like a seven. but the ambition always comes with the confident assumption that you will eventually be accepted, either for being a cool easygoing champion outside of typical obviously recognized conventions (you can still excel in the convention of making a proper grill fire at a your party and being a super host), or for being a champion of a specific obvious convention like the conventions at a university or those of government - and this seems three-ish.

in my current understanding of the theory, the enneagram one is based on introverted thinking. if the one is operating in conformistic worldspace, then he designs his own conventions (like the convention that correct parking is the most important thing in live) and can have a lot of enemies because of this, since he 'outlaws' them, and they don't like it. the three uses given conventions, to be popular or powerfull sometimes in a pandit way.

btw: i have not even read this thread. this is again just about my interpretation of theory, not about you

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
I'm sorry, but it seems to me like you agreed with all the points that ESFJs and ENFJs have in common, but disagreed with all the "S" points of ESFJ. That, overall, doesn't point to an ESFJ, imo.

In your video your "vibe" reminded me of an ENFJ colleague/friend I worked with two last summers, and when I still didn't know much about MBTI I thought ESFJ was a good fit for that person. But after further analysis, the friend is DEFINITELY more abstract than concrete => ENFJ. Personally, the ESFJ "manipulation" doesn't work with me, because it's just too obvious. They explicitely show people what they think they should do, whereas ENFJs cunningly get people where they wanted to have them by encouraging them and making them think it is 1) their own choice, 2) the best choice ever. Which is exactly what the colleague does ;)

I don't really get Babylon Candle's reasoning. 1w2 ENFJ makes too much sense, so LL can't be one?:huh: I don't really get the logic. Personally, the ENFJs I've met were either 2s or 4s, and I think 2 makes way more sense for an ENFJ than 1. 1 makes the most sense for STJs, imo. ENFJ + 1 = ESTJ-ish ENFJ. Which is exactly what LL is, isn't she?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I would say my perfectionism is more in pursuit of a goal than because of purity. Gotta admit.

For example, when people asked me to give them private lessons when I was teaching at a language school where I lived, I said no. I would be stealing my company's clients.

Now most people would say, "Wow, how noble." But if I'm truly honest my thought process was more:

1. If I do that, I can get caught.
2. If I get caught, I will be fired.
3. If I get fired, I will get a lousy recommendation, and I've been working here for three years.
4. When I apply for another job, my boss will ask for a recommendation, and I will have none to give because I got fired for stealing clients.
5. Because I cannot say I got fired for stealing clients and I don't want to lie (because my prospective boss could find that out easily enough), I'd have to be quiet, which is nearly just as incriminating.
6. That means I wouldn't be able to find a job.
7. That would cause stress in my relationship.
8. If I could not find a job, my loss of capital would be much greater than the gain if I went and stole the clients.
9. Therefore, cost/benefit analysis speaks against.
10. Therefore, do not steal the company's clients.

Awful, isn't it?

Perfectionism in a positive light:

1. If I work my ass off, I'll get a good recommendation.
2. If I do a good job, they will have no good reason to fire me, even if they don't like me.
3. If I always prove how valuable I am, they need me, and I'll have good bargaining status.
4. If I do well at a job at this level, I can apply for higher-level jobs due to experience.
5. If I work hard in school, I will be able to prove that I'm capable of sifting through large amounts of information effectively and give people what they expect. (Please note, I did not necessarily say learn a lot of shit. That I do mostly on my own).

etc. etc.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm sorry, but it seems to me like you agreed with all the points that ESFJs and ENFJs have in common, but disagreed with all the "S" points of ESFJ. That, overall, doesn't point to an ESFJ, imo.

In your video your "vibe" reminded me of an ENFJ colleague/friend I worked with two last summers, and when I still didn't know much about MBTI I thought ESFJ was a good fit for that person. But after further analysis, the friend is DEFINITELY more abstract than concrete => ENFJ. Personally, the ESFJ "manipulation" doesn't work with me, because it's just too obvious. They explicitely show people what they think they should do, whereas ENFJs cunningly get people where they wanted to have them by encouraging them and making them think it is 1) their own choice, 2) the best choice ever. Which is exactly what the colleague does ;)

I don't really get Babylon Candle's reasoning. 1w2 ENFJ makes too much sense, so LL can't be one?:huh: I don't really get the logic. Personally, the ENFJs I've met were either 2s or 4s, and I think 2 makes way more sense for an ENFJ than 1. 1 makes the most sense for STJs, imo. ENFJ + 1 = ESTJ-ish ENFJ. Which is exactly what LL is, isn't she?

Quite frankly, I didn't quite understand his logic, either. I mean, I appreciate his point of view, but I just don't understand it.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Now, when I say that I always have a goal, does that mean I would even act like a dick if it furthered my goal? No. Because I have a moral center, there are certain things I just do not do.

My motto is as follows:

If it does not hurt me or anyone else, and it furthers my goal, DO it, even if the short-term effects are negative, as long as the long-term benefit is apparent.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
So this thread really isn't about 1w2s it's YET ANOTHER thread about figuring out YOUR type.

I just wanted to make sure I understood.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You know what, Protean??? Seriously. Read the whole thread. There are also other comments about 1w2 in general. And it's about traits of 1w2. And there are some posts about type, and how it can correspond with 1w2.

Why is it that you always have a bone to pick with me? I'm really getting sick of it, to be honest.