• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 9] 9w8s

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Any other 9w8s out there? There are only a few that I know on here, and I want to find some common ground with people of my enneagram type. :)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
YOU?

I thought you were leaning towards 5?

Then again some of the things you've said and your general presence does seem to radiate an 8 like wing when in ventrilo. Like the guy who got your phone number and how you fixed that etc.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ha, I wish. I don't think I have ever considered the thought of 9w8. It seems like a really strong type, which I don't really see myself as.

But I definitely can react strongly to other people pissing me off and disturbing my privacy.

I still need to mull over the whole enneagram thing.

I just noticed that this site with nice enneagram wing descriptions has disappeared. That's a pity.

EDIT: Never mind, I managed to salvage it from google cache. Off it goes to the safety of my bottomless hard drive.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ha, I wish. I don't think I have ever considered the thought of 9w8. It seems like a really strong type, which I don't really see myself as.

But I definitely can react strongly to other people pissing me off and disturbing my privacy.

I still need to mull over the whole enneagram thing.

I just noticed that this site with nice enneagram wing descriptions has disappeared. That's a pity.

Fuck.

I had those saved on my hard drive, but I had to reformat my computer.

I got a cached version of the site, and I have all of the descriptions saved. :)

Fluxkom

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
According to my latest test I am :)

Sup? ^^

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
can you 9w8s describe what it means to be a 9w8?
how do you see the people-pleasing part of it? smoothing things over, being a mediator and peacemaker is pretty important for 9s, but how does that work with the conflict part of the 8 wing?

wolfy

awsm
can you 9w8s describe what it means to be a 9w8?
how do you see the people-pleasing part of it? smoothing things over, being a mediator and peacemaker is pretty important for 9s, but how does that work with the conflict part of the 8 wing?

I'll try...

I think it is a deep need for equanimity that a nine has. How they go about achieving that is more variable on upbringing culture etc. I think myself I have a deep need for equanimity in myself and in others I care about. And the eight wing is more about me building myself and creating an environment to achieve that. A need to be self reliant in order to create the state I want. There is a pull between laid back and assertive. It both tires and invigorates me to be assertive so I will in order to control things but I will soon return to laid back.

I hope that made some sense.