• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] 4's - Least or Most succeptible to Depression?

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I can't decide if I think Enneagram type 4's would be more or less prone to fall into states of actual depression. It seems the penchant for 'darkness' and 'pain' that they work though in order to define themselves would make them LESS likely to actually fall into a depression.

Thoughts?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I can't decide if I think Enneagram type 4's would be more or less prone to fall into states of actual depression. It seems the penchant for 'darkness' and 'pain' that they work though in order to define themselves would make them LESS likely to actually fall into a depression.

Thoughts?

I have been on anti-depressants quite a few times over the last 14 years .. But it wasn't general depression .. it was circumstances that brought/broke me down .. then when i found myself strong enough, i just stopped taking them and the fighting spirit returned ..

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
We have got reported cases of clinical depression in our family. My mother suffered from it and had to go to rehap for a year + my grandma did also. I was a depressed gothic kid when I was young, dont know if that counts as clinical depression though yet.

Nowadays its mood swings that bring you out of tact. Something stupid happens and I can fall into a short but intense state of depression. Its not life threatening though, cause I dont let it out, but rather tend to draw back in private and listen to music.

I think I definitly suffer from depression and I have to do something about that in the course of my life. But as I said, I think its a genetic / medical thing.

Concerning enneagram types I think its a rather cheap shot to think about depression. If you have a pure thinking type or a rather pure emotional type, its most likely that they are prone to depression. At least thats how I imagine that chliché.

So concerning me I can say, my mild occasional intense depression, is rather a thing from my heritage than an enneagram or type thing. But I feel its safe to say that a 4 or a 5 is more prone to depression.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I'm a four. I occaisionally have nihilistic episodes, but these are only once a year and when I am extremely stressed. (Can't help my I, and I'm tired and have been working at school like hell for the past few days and no one is willing to let me even stop to eat.)