• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] 4 is the loneliest number..

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm basically 6w5, but on the Big test on Similarminds, I came out with 4 right behind 6 (and 5 was further down). I guess INTP's who are close on T/F might lean towards 4.

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I am 4w5. Alone, but not lonely. :)

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I don't know if you got the memo, but you and everyone you ever love is going to die, one day, and most people die slowly and painfully.

Put that in your optimistic pipes and smoke it.

Have a great day, with love...

-CC

:)

As a seven I love death. Death is exciting and fulfilling :). I'm going to die for the experience, and I am optimistic that it will be a great one. You only get to do it once, so it better be.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As a seven I love death. Death is exciting and fulfilling :). I'm going to die for the experience, and I am optimistic that it will be a great one. You only get to do it once, so it better be.
THIS IS THE FUNNIEST THING I'VE SEEN ALL DAY!! OMG!
z7shysterical.gif

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

This makes sense. I would imagine we all experience death in different ways due to type. To some, death would be tragic, to others exciting, while others would look at death as a way to help others, still others would see it as the logical conclusion, etc....

Any other 4's or 4w5's have any insight for an INTP?

The Enneagram deals more with the "why" while the MBTI deals more with the "how." In this sense, I feel they both have their own uses and are compatible (though you can't interface them directly without some translation and synthesis). So, I don't think any MBTI type couldn't be any Enneagram type, especially when mis-typing in any given system is taken into consideration. If you want to know if 4 is really your type and your an MBTI type that is not usually 4, I would say one way to look at the Enneagram through a different lens would be to examine the vices/virtues/holy idea of each type. (This can be found in Riso & Hudsons "Understanding the Enneagram.") These get to the "core" of each type; if they do not resonate with you more than the vices/virtues/holy ideas of the other types, then you are likely not that type.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Intimacy, that thing I crave so much, but just how close can you ever get to really knowing someone else, let alone yourself?!?!?!

Do I have intimacy issues?

It's odd, being in this world, being with someone else, yet still managing to feel terribly alone. In and amongst, yet separate from.

A secret self.

A self I hold so dear, a self that consoles me, a self that sees things, yet has no receiver to hear those things I so deeply want to share.

To be seen, both a desire and a fear.

To find myself in a poem, to hear myself in a song, to see myself in a passing stranger with a pensive look in her eye and a furrowed brow.

To look at the sky, to be stuck in a stream of traffic, to wake up in the middle of the night, alone.

To feel the wind across my face, whipping through my hair, to play with my dogs, to laugh with friends, to feel connected, to be a piece and a part of, to feel alive and okay.

Temporarily, that is...

A moat around a fortress, fifty locks with no keys, you will never, ever, ever, never get to me.

And, then you have a conversation with someone who actually understands where you're coming from.

Someone who speaks to *you* while seeing through "you".

And, ironically, you feel raw, bare, and scared.

I think I'd rather be alone, for my loneliness is a far more comfortable being to wear.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Love does not blind us
and take our sight,
but rather makes us see too much.

We are not brought to our knees
by absence,
but by seeing it all.

We finally meet face to face.
We know what we look upon.
The veil is lifted.
The mask is taken off,
and we are exposed;
Nowhere to hide
and nothing to hide behind.

True freedom and existence,
but true lack of defense.

By the way, come be a 7! :)

Or at least try dual citizenship...

phoenity

Intimacy, that thing I crave so much, but just how close can you ever get to really knowing someone else, let alone yourself?!?!?!

Do I have intimacy issues?

It's odd, being in this world, being with someone else, yet still managing to feel terribly alone. In and amongst, yet separate from.

A secret self.

A self I hold so dear, a self that consoles me, a self that sees things, yet has no receiver to hear those things I so deeply want to share.

To be seen, both a desire and a fear.

To find myself in a poem, to hear myself in a song, to see myself in a passing stranger with a pensive look in her eye and a furrowed brow.

To look at the sky, to be stuck in a stream of traffic, to wake up in the middle of the night, alone.

To feel the wind across my face, whipping through my hair, to play with my dogs, to laugh with friends, to feel connected, to be a piece and a part of, to feel alive and okay.

Temporarily, that is...

A moat around a fortress, fifty locks with no keys, you will never, ever, ever, never get to me.

And, then you have a conversation with someone who actually understands where you're coming from.

Someone who speaks to *you* while seeing through "you".

And, ironically, you feel raw, bare, and scared.

I think I'd rather be alone, for my loneliness is a far more comfortable being to wear.

Your words strike a deep chord, and I envy your ability to express how you feel.

aguanile

MBTI Type
IXXP
Enneagram
4w5
When I was a child I had a morbid and moral obsession with the Holocaust, sociopathy and torture, and as I grew older I became evermore affected by what appears/appeared to be the massive suffering inherent to life, both human and animal alike.

I have watched documentaries about it, read books about it and visited the Holocaust museum twice. I don't know why I so interested in it. The whole concept boggles my mind.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It just struck me just last Sunday how RECENT it was and how it screwed up the entire world. It's like a light went out that can't be rekindled. It depressed me so much I could hardly get out of bed. Really, nothing will ever be the same.

phoenity

I have watched documentaries about it, read books about it and visited the Holocaust museum twice. I don't know why I so interested in it. The whole concept boggles my mind.

Natural suffering is one thing, but when a human being is the direct cause of the suffering of another, it's so appalling I can't help being curious.

I don't have the qualities in me to be able to do that and continue to live with myself, so I'm curious how others are able to.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
It just struck me just last Sunday how RECENT it was and how it screwed up the entire world. It's like a light went out that can't be rekindled. It depressed me so much I could hardly get out of bed. Really, nothing will ever be the same.

Yep, it's one of those things that when you stare straight at it, it is too much. I remember walking into Birkenau and my mind was just repeating the word "no". I was angry that such a place even existed. Before walking in there I could sort of detach a bit, and the interest in psychopaths, and that side of it was there. But the reality of it and what happened, didn't really leave room for interest. It was a streamlined killing machine. And knowing you are standing in a place where a million people were intentionally killed by other humans, in cold blood rather than a battle, it's almost unthinkable.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's what fucks me up about it, too -- people talk about how other people should have spoken up, and I think, who were they gonna speak up TO? You're gonna tell a Nazi what to do? Not if you'd like to live ... I can't control my government and I live in a so-called democracy. I don't really see what could anyone have done.

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
The essence of type four, which I haven’t seen mentioned much on this thread, is their passion: envy. Fours’ automatic, unconscious focus is on what others have that they believe they lack and will never be attainable: exceptional qualities and talents, a certain type of lover and intimacy the four can only dream about, the creative genius of a favorite artist, you get the picture. They often feel like they’ve gotten the short end. They use considerable imaginative force glamorizing other people, places and destinies they see as special, coveting worlds they don’t have access to. On some level, fours always pale in comparison to people they idealize and envy. Where the average person views a greener pasture, a four sees Emerald City. Where the envy is most directed also depends on the instinctual variant. For instance, a sexual four is most envious of people with intimate relationships, especially if one is a person the four is attracted to. That becomes the unattainable grail.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
The essence of type four, which I haven’t seen mentioned much on this thread, is their passion: envy. Fours’ automatic, unconscious focus is on what others have that they believe they lack and will never be attainable: exceptional qualities and talents, a certain type of lover and intimacy the four can only dream about, the creative genius of a favorite artist, you get the picture. They often feel like they’ve gotten the short end. They use considerable imaginative force glamorizing other people, places and destinies they see as special, coveting worlds they don’t have access to. On some level, fours always pale in comparison to people they idealize and envy. Where the average person views a greener pasture, a four sees Emerald City. Where the envy is most directed also depends on the instinctual variant. For instance, a sexual four is most envious of people with intimate relationships, especially if one is a person the four is attracted to. That becomes the unattainable grail.
Hahaaha, I am, admittedly, obsessed with genius, and geniuses! :p

And, sometimes, I am guilty of being doomed by the powers of my imagination and fantasies, so to speak.

Perfection doesn't exist, and my dreamscape worlds and ideas will never, or rarely, ever be actualized. :/

Do I sometimes feel broken, and somewhat of a misfit?

Hell yes.

Do I feel envy?

Perhaps, but not really.

I want to be happy like everyone else, and I think that the more simple our needs and desires are, the happier we become.

So, I seek to simplify myself, and my desires.

But, alas, my heart and mind hungers, and that hunger can be, it would seem as time has shown, insatiable.

Lol, I seek to be a Taoist. <--- I believe that is an oxymoron. :D

Anyhow, tonight, I am feeling alright.

I am sipping on some grapefruit juice. I am both pensive and expressive.

I am *not* feeling lonely, though I am very much alone.

I am comfortable without being complacent, what can I say, life is good.

:)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
The Nine Inch Nails song, All the Love in the World

Perhaps, the enneagram 4 anthem!!!

YouTube - All The Love In the World - Live (audio) - With Teeth Rehearsal

Watching all the insects march along
Seem to know just right where they belong
Smears of face reflecting in the chrome
Hiding in the crowd I'm all alone
No one's heard a single word I've said
They don't sound as good outside my head
Looks as though the past is here to stay
I've become a million miles a-

Why do you get all the love in the world?

All the jagged edges disappear
Colors all look brighter when you're near
The stars are all afire in the sky
Sometimes I get so lonely I could

Why do you get all the love in the world?

Additional lyrics printed in the With Teeth PDF booklet, but not appearing in the song itself

Why am I always watching from the outside?
On the other side of the glass
Behind the glass.
Always watching everyone,
Separate, watching, always
Don't touch.
This is getting deeper
As time goes by,
The water's getting colder.
Here I am surrounded by people but still all alone,
I am always alone.
Even with myself,
Imprisoned in my head.
And there doesn't seem to be any way out,
And I am so fucking sick of here,
Wish I was there.
Right beside is still
A million miles away.
Behind these bars.
In a rut.
Anyplace else will do.
Hello?
Don't think so.
Broadcasting,
Only static coming in.
No one can hear me when I'm here.

Noooooo, Trent, I can hear you!!!

:D

Seriously, though, since the age of 17, I've been picking up what Trent has been putting down.

He is one of those artists that make me feel less alone. :blushing:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Trent Reznor, such a 4w5 it is r-i-d-c-u-l-o-u-s!!!

I want to have a million of his babies.

:yes: