• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 1] I'm losing my shit.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
I feel like I can't interact with wider public any more. Getting beyond frustration, to the point of smouldering rage. I think rage is the feeling I get the most. Either that or despair. I can't debate people, I just put them into the box labelled "corrupt". It's going on for like a decade or so.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Why have you put yourself up so high upon a pedestal? And did you expect anything else to become of it? Isn't it lonely up there?

To be clear, I am not aiming to be either hostile or judgmental, but rather genuinely asking you these questions. Of course, they are more questions for you to ponder moreso than questions for you to actually answer. After all, who am I to answer to?

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Why have you put yourself up so high upon a pedestal?
I wrote about how I became a 1 in this post:
https://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneatypes/107952-enneagram-1-a-2.html#post3289316

And did you expect anything else to become of it?
I didn't expect anything. In the end, every player makes their move as forced by their nature and the mechanism of the society in the great tragedy of existence, I guess.

Isn't it lonely up there?
Yes and it's an injustice. A crime.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I wrote about how I became a 1 in this post:
https://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneatypes/107952-enneagram-1-a-2.html#post3289316

I didn't expect anything. In the end, every player makes their move as forced by their nature and the mechanism of the society in the great tragedy of existence, I guess.

Yes and it's an injustice. A crime.

All evidence suggests that type is inborn. All of your experiences are filtered through your perspective, with everything being bent through the facets of that lens.

To me, it sounds like you think you are better than everyone else, which naturally would result in a rather isolating existence.

I don't think I can help you further, but I hope you figure it out.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have you made any effort to interact with others in a way that involves going out of your normal comfort zone?

What types of books/philosophical theories intrigue you?

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
All evidence suggests that type is inborn. All of your experiences are filtered through your perspective, with everything being bent through the facets of that lens.
I doubt it. My enneatype didn't fully form until around the end of primary school. I think people often confuse enneatype with MBTI type, which is inborn. Also there's tons of mistypes based on MBTI type, for example feelers commonly thinking they are 4.

To me, it sounds like you think you are better than everyone else, which naturally would result in a rather isolating existence.
I don't think I'm better than everyone else. There are some good people. They are few and far in-between unfortunately, but not everyone is bad. Living in a shit society is an isolating existence.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I feel like I can't interact with wider public any more. Getting beyond frustration, to the point of smouldering rage. I think rage is the feeling I get the most. Either that or despair. I can't debate people, I just put them into the box labelled "corrupt". It's going on for like a decade or so.

I am actually similar, perhaps just softer. I really understand what you mean. I don't think I have a word of consolation, but rather just saying what you meant in different words. We look for isolation so we can feel more safe and away from the corruption and we do not really want to corrupt ourselves even if isolation and loneliness is the cost. You must face either corruption or loneliness or go to a place less corrupt... Even adopting carelessness and reducing empathy doesn't really do it, it makes it easier to deal with, though. I understand the fear of being corrupted, it is a one thing that I also relate, only thing on E1 I do relate with strength.

I understand the rage and the despair. Everything is so unfair. The corporate and government world are full of bad people, full of actual psychopaths. And I get that life is hard for you, don't think I could do much about it, sorry.

About the typology thing, I don't think that this thread is on the right area and I would not want to discuss harder, just doing a statement that there is no actual proof that type is inborn for any typing system, only that there is some genetic influence (which has a different meaning). And I don't think Ne-dom E1 exists, but I won't insist on this, not this time.

Have a happy or at least not sad happy new year, buddy.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Listen... I'm gonna be real with you here.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Oh and also, there is a difference between justice and vengeance, and I think you can perform the latter in a sort of backwards, self-injurious sort of way (of which isolation can be one example). This whole judgmental rage thing is a slippery slope. I would focus on the introspection, forgiveness (both directions, and if you cannot forgive, then focus on acceptance for what you cannot control), composure, and humility aspects.

My original post may have seemed overly blame-y, and what I am trying to get at is that that's a toxic attachment if you lean into it too far, whether or not it's justified, because if you do, you will fall right into the fiery depths, ultimately burning only yourself.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Have you made any effort to interact with others in a way that involves going out of your normal comfort zone?
Way too many.

What types of books/philosophical theories intrigue you?
Most recently The Seer of Forbidden Truth and Efilism. Used to be into Pod'Lair but I realised it's full of delusional copes and its leader has anti-talent for typing people visually while being deluded that he's the best.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
I am actually similar, perhaps just softer. I really understand what you mean. I don't think I have a word of consolation, but rather just saying what you meant in different words. We look for isolation so we can feel more safe and away from the corruption and we do not really want to corrupt ourselves even if isolation and loneliness is the cost. You must face either corruption or loneliness or go to a place less corrupt... Even adopting carelessness and reducing empathy doesn't really do it, it makes it easier to deal with, though. I understand the fear of being corrupted, it is a one thing that I also relate, only thing on E1 I do relate with strength.

I understand the rage and the despair. Everything is so unfair. The corporate and government world are full of bad people, full of actual psychopaths. And I get that life is hard for you, don't think I could do much about it, sorry.
I think that evil of politicians and the corporate is merely a reflection of evil of the masses.

About the typology thing, I don't think that this thread is on the right area and I would not want to discuss harder, just doing a statement that there is no actual proof that type is inborn for any typing system, only that there is some genetic influence (which has a different meaning).
I have yet to see anyone who has different type than their same sex parent. The general problem for mainstream psychology is that they lack decent typing tools. Like when you have all these "ENFP" and "INFP" vloggers on youtube and vast majority of them are NTPs or ENTJs.
Like recently encountered an ENTP youtuber thinking she's an INFP when she's such an obvious Fe user, like she literally shepherds people during livestreams and is doing an entrepreneurship vlog.

And I don't think Ne-dom E1 exists, but I won't insist on this, not this time.
It's more like they just took a bunch of TJs and wrote E1 description basing on what they consider right. Chances are that I consider it corrupt.

Have a happy or at least not sad happy new year, buddy.
I guess.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I think that evil of politicians and the corporate is merely a reflection of evil of the masses.

I think its both actually.
Psychopaths are more likely to get in these places because the Narcissistic sides of them motivates them and because they have better, let's say, "social" skills in way that they can deceive people easier, so that counts. But the masses being bad also reflects as well, so I believe it is both.

It's more like they just took a bunch of TJs and wrote E1 description basing on what they consider right. Chances are that I consider it corrupt.

Makes sense.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
I feel like everything is just a cope. There's no real way forward. The overpopulators have made environment so hostile and overcrowded that one can only cope, not really thrive.
I hate how they consider it acceptable to create new humans when there's no house and territory for them. Like it's a basic necessity for mental and physical health. It's necessary now or since times past, not just somewhere in future.
To live in overcrowded apartment blocks and be harassed with all sorts of noise and be at mercy of their neighbours. If they can even afford to learn a flat.
I hate how most of other people don't see it that way, they don't have the sense of how wrong things are. Like most of people are evil, they don't think that life must be good. I feel hatred and disgust towards most of people.
They keep creating these hellish scenarios and nothing gets done about it. Some people end up with 10 foreign workers moving into flat next to them who engage in drunken partying after work because this kind of overcrowding is insufferable when sober and they won't live like normal people because they work to save up money and send them home.

I feel like life isn't worth living any more, but at the same time I'm anti-death so suicide isn't an option. Like generally, I think that the perfect scenario would be to not be born. Like there are two options in life:
1. You like how life is. Well, too bad, you're going to die even if you want to keep living.
2. You don't like how life is. Why be born into world like this?

The worst thing is all the shit that is coming, like water crisis, energy crisis, food crisis - all the results of over-population crisis. It's all a fucking joke.

Skimt

Vote conservative, and be adamant about not letting in more immigrants, or letting toxic feminists ruin civilization. That's what I do.

I also recommend moving to the outskirts of a city with a more sensible population size like 250,000. Being able to see, touch, and hear nature is important to mental health, and an ocean or park in the city is a minor remedy to an actual forest, mountain, or ocean.

I went into the forest yesterday, listened to the birds and touched a tree. I drove to the beach today, smelled the sea and held rocks in my hand. Sounds stupid, but it was the real thing, not what I could merely imagine by looking at it in photos.

Find balance.

Wish you health.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Vote conservative, and be adamant about not letting in more immigrants, or letting toxic feminists ruin civilization. That's what I do.
How's that working for you?