12 Last

MBTI
    VLEF
    Enneagram
    173 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Post Why Are So Many INFJs Type 4s?

I wonder why so many INFJs are Type 4s on the enneagram? Enneagram 4 seems very Fi. I expected more INFJs to be 1s, since many INFJs live up to the moralistic perfectionist that carries out their ideals. Why are INFJ 1s kind of rare (approximately 5-12% of INFJs).
    1w9 sx/sp - 173 - EIE-Ni - VLEF - Lawful Neutral - Ravenclaw

1w9 - 7w6 - 3w2

Virgo Sun - Aquarius Rising - Scorpio Moon

I'm gonna say that a lot of them are probably mistyped, or typing as a strong fix.

4s arent real.

Taking Brief blessblessblessblessbless Break RadicalDoubt's Avatar
    MBTI
    SiTi
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ti

In general, 1 is considered to be one of the rarest types in the enneagram system statistically (at least by some sources; it's usually on the low end of things if I'm remembering correctly). With multiplicative probability, with INFJs also being one of the most uncommon enneatypes, the percent chance of finding a person who is both is somewhat low. If we are going by theory, while 1 is quite fitting of Ni's idealism, in general the competency types, which are inclined to devalue emotionality, are less likely to be feelers statistically, which would also push that number down.

With 4, everyone mistypes as a 4 somewhere down the line unless you really don't value individuality or are like... Drastically optimistic. Almost any type can and will mistype as a 4, but it is especially common for 6s, 9s, and 3s to mistype as 4 in particular and all three of those are incredibly common types among all mbti types (except for 9 being not super common among ExTJs and 3s not being super common among IxFPs maybe). Being a somewhat rarer type though, there is a bit of a tendency for 4s to relate to some of the core themes of 4 regardless of whether they are or not and they have often have the idealism characteristic of type 4.
    ISFJ | LII-Ti | RLoeI | VLEF |
    9w1 |5w6 | 3w2 | sp/so
    Likes Red Memories liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    125 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think when you read stereotypical descriptions of E4, many people will believe they are E4 if they value individuality or creativity in any way. If you understand the roots of E4, you'll likely find yourself mistyped.

After all,
    How can you run from what is inside of you?
    Likes Indigo Rodent liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfalcon8 View Post
    I wonder why so many INFJs are Type 4s on the enneagram? Enneagram 4 seems very Fi. I expected more INFJs to be 1s, since many INFJs live up to the moralistic perfectionist that carries out their ideals. Why are INFJ 1s kind of rare (approximately 5-12% of INFJs).
    Why very Fi?
    I'm so sick of being surrounded by inhumanity and corruption.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    125 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Rodent View Post
    Why very Fi?
    E4 is about authenticity, finding missing pieces internally, etc. and Fi is centralized focus into internal value systems and authenticity. So it seems to me that 4 is the more Fi heart type while 2 and 3 would be more Fe-like heart types. but of course any type can experience any tritype combination.

After all,

MBTI
    NP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfalcon8 View Post
    Ok, I may have an answer different than 'its just mistype', buuutttt... I don't know if it is worth the problems of sharing it =(.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    125 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Vendrah View Post
    Ok, I may have an answer different than 'its just mistype', buuutttt... I don't know if it is worth the problems of sharing it =(.
    I wanna know your thoughttttsssssss

After all,

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Red Memories View Post
    E4 is about authenticity, finding missing pieces internally, etc. and Fi is centralized focus into internal value systems and authenticity. So it seems to me that 4 is the more Fi heart type while 2 and 3 would be more Fe-like heart types. but of course any type can experience any tritype combination.
    E4 sounds more like a special snowflake type, though, than as expression of Fi. I think that E4 are more likely to be mistyped as Fi-doms, even when they are INTPs, ENTJs, INFJs, etc.

E1 type is about relation to authority in childhood - weak or overcritical authority.

E4 type is about alienation from ones parental figures. There's a lot of people on youtube LARPing INFPs and I think they E4s are just thinking they are Fi-doms because of relation with their parents.

The problem with enneagram tests is that results get heavily tainted by one's MBTI type, because it examines behaviour instead of core motivations.
    There's a difference between experiencing despair and alienation because of living in corrupt environment and experiencing despair and alienation because of feeling different from parents later projected on all relationships in life.

Lots of supposed INFP E4s are thinkers that get mistyped as Fi-doms because they are tormented by their enneatype, including a ton of ENTJs and *NTPs.
    I'm so sick of being surrounded by inhumanity and corruption.