• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] Another view on the 4

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ok here is another one, hope it's readable. Taken from enneagram.de. Since you liked the one for the 8, I translated another for the 4.

-------

Aspiration

The Four is branded by a deep longing for something whose beauty is diverse from the things that are. The presence is somehow always ugly. Four's have learnt early in life, to go to a place more beautiful. They developed an incredible flourishing imagination. If the outside world becomes ugly, they know where to go. There they create drama and poems and music and sense deep emotions.

Sweet Sadness

The emotion giving them the most energy, is the feeling of longing or deep melancholy. The longing for a beautiful world enables them to create one of their own. Outsiders do not grasp the dynamics. To others Fours come across depressive or unbalanced or at least very egocentric. And as long as a Four is young, they are indeed very home-grown. They have to enter the fantasy world of their own, to find the energy to face reality. And if one does not fit into the Fours own world, one is boring to the Four.

Sky-high Cheering

It's tough for parents to raise a Four, because they constantly escape into their more beautiful inner world and constantly play with their morales. Sometimes the Four appears to be manical depressive. Because they have a crack at every emotion. They try to find out, what sadness feels like and what frenzy feels like. And if they try, the particular emotion is very real.

Something Special

To the Four the ritual is identical to the reality. The symbol is identical to the content. The symbol and the analogy are more agitating than the reality. Through this Fours become something special. And they are aware of that! They like being special and and they savor it gleefully.

Animators

The Fours way to deliverance begins, if they stop being fascinated by their own differentness and to learn to use their own creativity to see the particularity in other humans and to elicit it. One might call those people "animators" or "representatives", people who can detect and entitle the potential in others and who can advocate it. The step to make other people important, delivers the Four from their self-focus.

No Uniformity

The old churches in Europe show that they had a great appreciation for the gifts of the Four. When the need for rationality and uniformity were not as strong as today, Fours must have felt very good in church. Today Fours do not like church except you let them arrange the service. Fours have a natural accession to the sacramental, because to them the symbol is more important than the substance.

Deep Feelings

A delivered Four has the possibility to concentrate the great bandwidth of their emotions, to go with some of them into the deep. Delivered Fours stop to play arround with emotions and start to really feel. In this stadium they have to share alot. Because they have a sensibility others come off. But they have to stop, to be in love with their own sensibility. That means: They have to go into the deep at a certain point. They have to feel one feeling through every phase, instead of developing more and more agony and frenzy.

-------

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
You forgot that fours use emotions are studies of what they are. The most common emotions of fours are painful.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Thank you for taking the time to write that .. Spot on ..

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Interesting. Thank you for posting that.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
UMMMM I have decided I am an unemotional four... Everything else fits apart from the Raging emotion stuff... Either that or prescription medication has eaten my soul :D:D:D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I certainly identify with some of this..guess I might be a 4 afterall :blush:

Thanks for this, entropie :)

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
So my question is then... can you get an emotionally retarded 4!? In fact can you get an emotionally retarded ENFP!? :huh: but that's a whole other story :D

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
So my question is then... can you get an emotionally retarded 4!? In fact can you get an emotionally retarded ENFP!? :huh: but that's a whole other story :D

I don't think you can get a emotionally retarded 4 .. you're either screwed up or not .. lol .. i love the fact i am not a screwed up person, i just have a screwed up personality .. which may be the same .. but i can/will separate them, so i feel better :smile:

If you are emotionally retarded .. It could be something to do with your childhood .. or you might just have one of those personalities .. My son (11yrs old) is an ENTP .. i got him to take the test because we are soooo different and he drives me bloody insane with his behaviour .. we very much have a love/hate relationship .. emotionally, he is very cold/distant .. i only get an occassional cuddle and he usually tells me he loves me when he wants something or he has done something wrong .. Obviously i am not going to ask him to take the test to find his number as he still is a child .. i dont think he would appreciate it either as it isn't the way HE does things .. selfish, stubborn little bugger .. got to love them though ;)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I don't know... but this is the best online resource I've found for determining your enneagram type... though it is painstaking because it's not really as easy a just taking a test. It took me a couple of hours of careful study one day.

The Enneagram Type Test

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Hello thread, where have you been so long ?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hey where's the one you did on 8?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh okay...ever do 7?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
dont even know your first name yet :D

Nah, I can look if I can find the old site again and translate it, no prob

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha!! you're clearly unequipped then. :D

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Oh my gosh, i wrote some crap back in April ..

Note - Saslou is not a 4 ..