• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] Differences between 8w7 and 8w9

whateverr

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I never truly got wings to be honest. I am researching so i can get a definite answer on my types (not only ennea, mbti as well) and i think i am definitely a type 8 at my core. However, i'm not quite sure on which wing i would be.
How does the core fears and desires are affected by the different wings? Do i focus on maintaining my desire to be in control of my life through my wing's energy, or do i focus my 8 energy on the wings?
Would an 8w7 be in control of his life by utilizing 7's freedom-seeking energy or by utilizing 9's balance and harmony? So therefore, am i wrong to conclude that the 8w7 would be more focused on independence and freedom, by being afraid of being controlled and tamed by others and that, the 8w9, would be more focused on maintaining his internal peace and harmony by being afraid of being controlled and manipulated/affected by others?
Would a "pure" 8 be afraid of being controlled because he doesn't want to be dominated by others, an 8w7 core fear be of being controlled because he doesn't want to be tamed, and the 8w9 be afraid of being controlled because he doesn't want to be affected by other people's turmoil?

So,
8w7= more emotionally expressive, more energetic, environmentally domineering, honest yet tactless, more flexible/adaptable, more difficult to handle and expresses anger in a less deliberate, more openly and yet less explosive/erupting manner. Think Ginny Weasley (Harry Potter - books, not movies), Arya Stark (Game of Thrones), Queen Calanthe (The Witcher - Netflix) and Tyler Durden (Fight Club)
8w9= more emotionally inexpressive, chill, self-controlling, honest yet diplomatic, more stubborn/inflexible, expresses anger in a less frequent, more deliberate and yet in a more explosive/erupting manner. Think Tommy Shelby (Peaky Blinders), Oliver Queen (Arrow), Geralt of Rivia (The Witcher - Netflix) and Thanos (MCU).

Pioneer

Would an 8w7 be in control of his life by utilizing 7's freedom-seeking energy or by utilizing 9's balance and harmony? So therefore, am i wrong to conclude that the 8w7 would be more focused on independence and freedom, by being afraid of being controlled and tamed by others and that, the 8w9, would be more focused on maintaining his internal peace and harmony by being afraid of being controlled and manipulated/affected by others?

I think this is it right here. All 8s are afraid of being controlled by others. As an 8w7 I am pretty focused on the freedom aspect of things - 8w9s are more focused on maintaining serenity. I'm focused on freedom and contentment and this is very important to me. 8w7s are generally more open minded, may even be a bit eccentric in some cases, whereas 8w9s are more down to earth and less open to new things. 7s generally have high openness to new experience (big five traits) whereas nines have low to moderate openness. A 7 wing certainly boosts openness to new experience, a 9 wing might lower it.

EDIT: this description is pretty good Enneagram 5: Differentiating Wings

Last edited:

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
8w7: Shishio Makoto. Power-hungry leader with aggressive personality
8w9: Saitou Hajime. Badass but less power-hungry; calmer too.