User Tag List

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Question Tritype 952 - Knowledge or Nobody

The song is originally from Oz, yet I found this cover and realized the words struck a chord with me.

I could while away the hours
    Conferrin' with the flowers
    Consultin' with the rain
    And my head I'd be scratchin'
    While my thoughts were busy hatchin'
    If I only had a brain
    I'd unravel any riddle
    For any individd-el
    In trouble or in pain
    With the thoughts I'd be thinkin'
    I could be another Lincoln
    If I only had a brain
    Oh, I could tell you why
    The ocean's near the shore
    I could think of things I never thunk before
    And then I'd sit and think some more
    I would not be just a nothin'
    My head all full of stuffin'
    My heart all full of pain
    Perhaps I'd deserve you
    And be even worthy of you
    If I only
    If I only had a brain

Type 9 seems to be seen as this compliant, self-suppressed, blend into the background type. With Type 2 and Type 5, there's so much rejection and resignation of personal identity and feelings. For me, I've only found an attachment to language and the symbolic world as it relates to people and the patterns of life. Yet, simultaneously I find a strong frustration with the limitations of it. This all seems to culminate into some form of existential rage on a deeper level. Katherine Fauvre typed C.G. Jung as a 952 and I see through his work a similar attachment to language and symbolism, never anything about who he is. Reading a book you can often find at least small glances or a reflection of who a person is through their writing. But, in a lot of ways it seems like this inner world of impersonal thoughts and ideas becomes all there is to you. I'm curious if 'Problem Solvers' or others identify with this or have thoughts on it. Maybe I'm missing the mark here, let me know.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI Si

I dislike you so much right now
    I couldn't even bring myself to click on the video but your lyrics shall haunt me for the rest of the friggin day.

I often sing that song to myself rofl.

I'm a 9w1 but I don't know my tritype.
    I'm not, truly, smart enough for actual historical etc. symbolism. (And patterns make me dizzy.)
    Though, I love symbols and was once obsessed with them. As a teen-beginning 20's I came up with my own language. It was the alphabet, numbers, symbols, commonly used phrases and took up about 300 pages. I wrote several chapters from the Bible (my diary and several other things) in my language. When my toddler destroyed several pages from the cipher, I was devastated and lost my passion. Before that, I was also obsessed with language and wanted to turn my written language into something spoken... which seemed beyond impossible, but still excited me.

Nowadays, words will get stuck in my head. Or word sounds. It drives me crazy for a couple of days and then passes.

As for glancing at people through their writings... I'm not sure. If I'm particularly struck by someone or their creation, I'll research the heck out of them. But if it's unknowable it's unknowable and I can move on with just a few twinges of regret and loss.

Sorry if none of this is what you were after.

**EDIT**
    I've done a ton of researching today and found an awesome site Type Descriptions — The Enneagram Institute
    I finally know my tritype: 945
    Likes stoic liked this post

Cynical Existentialist Earl Grey's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    792 so/sx

I ended up laughing, I'm not type 9 but I have an I-FP E9, 5 and 4-fixed friend who has a complex / deep crisis about this exact matter, and react to / talk about it in a similar way. I can almost hear him singing this song.

Since he is 4-fixed instead of 2-fixed, his is more of a 'this is what I lack, I am lacking' instead of an attachment to an external mode of presentation.
    Everything is internal, and very personal.
    WHY ARE THERE SHEEP HERE?
    A cleric who acts like a rogue whose patron might as well be a warlock's
    and whose proficiency spread resembles a wizard's.
    Likes Zhaylin, stoic liked this post