User Tag List

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    ISFj Fi

Default Why 9s like personality typings more than other types?i

I had a thought about why I was so interested in finding my personality typing and getting it right in the first place and I realized that it’s because I have no idea who I really am. Before now I sometimes felt like I didn’t have a personality of my own or would have trouble talking about who I am and what I value when asked. I have a poor sense of self awareness. I chased so hard after a personality type because I wanted it to tell me who I was, as I had no idea myself. If that makes sense. I still doubt it frequently, mainly because I’m unsure if I’m really really right, because I don’t have a strong grasp of who I am. I was wondering if this was a common thing or if there is some kind of a connection here? Maybe 9s are over represented in things like this? For similar reasons?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Im not a 9 core, but I have a 9 fix. I feel very much the same way with my identity. The lack of certainty, and desire to discover who I am. Its really quite odd, because sometimes I feel my identity is strong, but the moment it comes in comparison to others it faulters and seems to weaken. It definitely has to do with boundaries. 9s don't seem to have them, and that means we get overwhelmed and kinda "mix" with others. 9s probably adopt traits of people they are around. Resulting in less individual identity.
    Johari|Nohari
    True neutral

Laugh, and the world laughs with you;
    Weep, and you weep alone.
    For this sad old earth must borrow its mirth,
    But has grief enough of its own.

Likes badatlife, notmyapples liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

I listened to that song wayyyyy too friggin much in my 20's. I still felt some pings in my 30's and now (at, almost, 45), I sometimes doubt I've ever questioned my identity
    But I'm still all about the journey and discovering all the ins and outs, quarks and pitfalls.

As Exolvuntur pointed out though (and I'm not sure if it's universally true), I used to be quite the chameleon. Being able to retreat from the world has helped, considerably, in finding and accepting myself. Not everyone is able to isolate themselves to the extent I have, though. So, I just recommend withdrawing as often as possible and soul searching when you can.
    Perhaps it's because of that or just a byproduct of getting older, but I'm secure in my identity. I tell everyone that, other than dealing with more aches and pains, everything [that makes/breaks the person] gets better with age
    Likes badatlife liked this post