• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] The commoness of Eights

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am an 8 core with a 4 in his tritype, I am going to bully and beat the crap out of the guy who says that we are common. Tsk.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
bfSxnIn.gif

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's the same as people mistyping as NTJs, it's about their image and projecting onto the type. I know an ISFJ who types themselves as an INTJ.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No one has the statistics on what the most common type is, and likewise no one can break it down by gender. Some studies have been done, with a limited group of self-selecting respondents. They don't prove all that much. Basically, anyone who talks about common types "among humanity" doesn't actually know.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if men are more likely to type at 8. It is archetypally masculine in our society, and many men feel the need to emulate similar behaviours. I hesitate to use the "wannabe" trope...that makes it sound like there's some sort of unique privileged thing that the "lesser" sort are all trying to be. People who mistype at 8 often simply see themselves with those issues without realizing the underlying struggles of the type. So what? I fucking saw myself as a 4/5 for years, and certainly NOT because I romanticised the types.

So, maybe. Although mistyping at certain numbers can vary by culture too--that much has been effectively demonstrated.

Last edited:

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It is just a lot of 3 and counter-phobic 6 men messing with the statistics.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No one has the statistics on what the most common type is

It's clearly 6 followed by 9w1.

and likewise no one can break it down by gender.
6 followed by 9w1 for women and 6 followed by 3w2 for men.

It is archetypally masculine in our society,
Yes but ideal doesn't relate to reality most of the time. The female ideal is 2 hence why so many 6 and 9w1 women keep wanting to be that type.

Finite Fusion

I suspect a lot of the self typed ENTJ 8s here especially males are mistyped ESTPs.

ENTJs are supposed to value Fi and be protective of those they perceive as “good” but “weaker”, in particular ISFPs and INFPs, even when they are of no use to them.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I suspect a lot of the self typed ENTJ 8s here especially males are mistyped ESTPs.

ENTJs are supposed to value Fi and be protective of those they perceive as “good” but “weaker”, in particular ISFPs and INFPs, even when they are of no use to them.

I would replace "good" with very arbitrary "deserving".

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I suspect that a lot of these ENTJ 8 men are actually 3s. I use to think that 8 was most common for ENTJ but 3 makes more sense.
ENTJs are supposed to value Fi and be protective of those they perceive as “good” but “weaker”, in particular ISFPs and INFPs
The ones that I put in bold applies to 8s though.