• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] INFJ core 1, maybe 125

ThoughtBubbles

Pansexual Primadonna
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm trying to write about a character for a story.

I like the idea of her being a 1 core 125 INFJ. I think she would be this type but I'm not sure. Could anyone describe what this combo would look like? I'm not writing to match the type, but I still think I could grab more inspiration and get inside her head more if I nailed it right.
I think I'm a tiny bit foggy on what INFJ and core 1 look like together though my mentor in college was one.

I'd also rather not describe the character because I like to keep my creative process to myself unless it's someone I'm specifically going to for writing stuff.

Thanks a lot guys!!!

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=34313]RadicalDoubt[/MENTION] calling the goodest blob.

If you want my two cents, that's looking like a possibly very rigid and moral INFJ, considering they are double superego (and one core to boot), the first type having to comply to a vision and a harsh inner critic to follow and the next one being very self-erasing in their ideals on how to relate to others and how to behave with others, at worst. 5 would probably manifest as typical Ni-Ti fashion reading into things and studying them deeply to attain mastery, what with 5 being a competency type. They'd likely keep a lot of their inner vision to themselves, and if they do not share it could be because of the classic 'they don't want to burden anyone' and they might have trouble complying to more self-interested pursuits a la average 2. At unhealthy levels being very critical, repressed, self-restraining. At healthier levels, visionary and just, having genuine interest in / naturally drawn to others, committed to serve and upholding a moral structure that they feel could serve everyone in the best way possible (double competency, woot!).

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=35920]Ixaerus[/MENTION] pretty much hit it on the dot, though I suppose there might be some things I could add.

1 core as a whole would probably tie to a relatively Ni heavy INFJ, being that 1 is at the center of the idealism triad. There is a strong drive towards moving forward and a strong vision of what their "ideal world" would look like, and this is likely tied to the benefit of others being that Fe and a 2 fix is also involved. Comparatively to other INFJs, the 1 core (and double competency in general) is likely to be relatively inexpressionate outside of perhaps passionate displays of anger or passions incited by the desire to obtain justice or perhaps correct what is wrong. This combination won't come off as cold as other 1 core combinations however because the 2 fix will bring a sort of warmth and optimism to the type itself. This is both a double complaint (162) and double rejection (528) type, being that both triads are incredibly self forgetting in terms of needs, it is suggestive of a type that is likely to disregard their own needs because they deem themselves unworthy and tend to see others in more need of assistance than themselves. Likely struggles between the desire to be completely detached and unaffected by the outside world and their knowledge that they are tied to it via their obligations to it and their goals. In times of suffering are likely to become overwhelmed with the weight of the world and the loftiness of their own ideals, falling into their ownself and introspection.

And for my own lofty perception of this type, when I think of a 125 INFJ, I think a lot of snowflakes; detailic and calculating, but more fragile than they appear.

ThoughtBubbles

Pansexual Primadonna
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yikes, my character isn't super lawful or hyper moralistic. she's just perfectionistic about work, anal about doing the "right thing" and overly helpful, though kind of sit-back-and-contemplative. more of a follower than a leader, but will jump in if something bad is happening.

maybe she's a 259??? i have such a difficult time telling with nines sometimes...

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What you posted can be either type tbh.

Difference I see between 9 and 1 is that strong 9s (especially if a feeler I guess, due to them tending to have higher agreeableness) are a little outwardly flakey in the sense they tend to reframe things positively or just agree to stick to their idea of calm/stability, adjust to keep the peace (generally speaking, as an overall tendency) and have more trouble asserting themselves, whereas 1s would be more likely to call out things, are more prone to black/white thinking (this is either right or wrong!) and call it out, do not assert themselves necessarily (and especially not with emotions) due to their inner critic but assert rules, guidelines, morals, etc that comply with their vision/ideals.

They could be a 9w1 (can still be rigid/moralistic) or 1w9. If they're gut is last it'd be understandably hazy. I think the biggest giveaway is that 1s are a competency type, and it'd show over time with 1s being more critical, perfectionistic, visionary and 9s being more laid-back, accepting in nature. I find that with 9s, no matter the positioning in their tritype they 'let things slide' much more easily. Do note this is NOT laziness or non-commitment, it tends to be their nature to be more laid-back, roll with the punches from what I've seen.