User Tag List

First 1234 Last

1w2: The Conscientious-Rigid Gestalt
    1w9: The Contemptuous-Rigid Gestalt
    9w1: The Purposeful-Leisurely Gestalt
    9w8: The Contrarian-Leisurely Gestalt

Dan Bilzerian: LSE-Te 9w8 sx/sp (The Contrarian-Leisurely Gestalt)
    Core Action Set: Seeing things form multiple perspectives, having a disregard for black and white thinking and reflexively finding unity in conflicting stances.

Peter Mandelson: IEE-Fi 9w1 sp/so (The Purposeful-Leisurely Gestalt)
    Core Action Set: Seeing things form multiple perspectives, having a disregard for black and white thinking and reflexively finding unity in conflicting stances.

Maria Butina: EII-Ne 1w9 sp/so (The Contemptuous-Rigid Gestalt)
    Core Action Set: Preoccupation with argumentation, standing up for one’s convictions, and conforming one’s own behavior to an ideal. Finding ways to restrict others in order to correct bad behavior and seeking to right perceived wrongs through the proper channels.

Ted Nugent: ILE-Ti 1w9 sx/so (The Contemptuous-Rigid Gestalt)
    Core Action Set: Preoccupation with argumentation, standing up for one’s convictions, and conforming one’s own behavior to an ideal. Finding ways to restrict others in order to correct bad behavior and seeking to right perceived wrongs through the proper channels.

Margie Phelps: LSE-Si 1w9 so/sp (The Contemptuous-Rigid Gestalt)

my 2500+ exemplar breakdown for each type, wing and stack grinds out the hard reality that core action sets are immune to differences in wing, stacking, socionics type etc..
    Click here for my 2500+ Enneagram Type List to type yourself and others with. It's the only valid breakdown for every enneagram type, wing and stack.

Click here for the only valid visual typing model of stackings on earth and socionics.
    Click here for enneagram type descriptions as a supplement to the only valid breakdown for every type, wing and stack.
    Click here for my typings of 100+ fictional exemplars and here for my typings of 90+ typology central members.

Dan Bilzerian is hot.

「」

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp

I'm definitely a Four but also in no way a masochist. If I was into BDSM, I would insist on being the dom.

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by neko 4 View Post
    I'm definitely a Four but also in no way a masochist. If I was into BDSM, I would insist on being the dom.
    You're taking it too literally. They inflict suffering upon themselves via attachment to their inferiority complex and perpetual sense of lack/contentment is "over there".
    Perpetual mood

"It is not the personality's task to tell the truth,
    but to seem to, try to, or try to seem to."

Philip Trussell

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    You're taking it too literally. They inflict suffering upon themselves via attachment to their inferiority complex and perpetual sense of lack/contentment is "over there".
    Oh, okay, thanks for clearing that up.
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by neko 4 View Post
    Oh, okay, thanks for clearing that up.
    It takes a long time for some is this stuff to click. I'm still learning too.
    Perpetual mood

"It is not the personality's task to tell the truth,
    but to seem to, try to, or try to seem to."

Philip Trussell

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb1 View Post

Type 3: The Self-Confident Gestalt.
    Core Strategy: Outshining others
    Core Distortion: “I am a superior being.”
    Area of fixation: Expansion/Fantasy
    Core Action Set: putting others on notice that they are a superior being and admiration their due, that others need to be rolling out the red carpet for them.
    DSM Correlate: Narcissistic Personality Disorder
    Core Trap: Weaving together new fantastic rationales for their circumstances in order to recast themselves as the star.
    Core Vulnerability: disdain from others
    2 wingers are hyper-competitive, bragging, skilled at gamesmanship, and political (they know how to work and motivate people).
    4 wingers are poised, calculating, efficient and oriented towards outward self-improvement.
    I thought I just hated other 3's, but now I know it's 3w2's I don't like. They are truly inferior to us 4 wingers.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Time to reset, relearn, refresh with a primer on the absolute basics brought to you by Stackemup Typology (enneagram-side). This thread goes over the gestalt for each enneagram character type and gives a thumbnail sketch as to some of the inner logic of each character type. I also include DSM correlations.

Gestalt: The Type's Instinctive truth; principle of unity
    Core Vulnerability: the type's Kryptonite

Type 8: The Aggressive Gestalt
    Core Strategy: Dominance.
    Core Distortion: “Might makes right.”
    Area of Fixation: Exercising Power
    Core Action Set: Enforcing submission from underlings through violent and threatening language or behavior….pushing one’s self to the front of the line through ruthless expedience and being able to inflict pain instrumentally without remorse or guilt. Picking off the competition. Never backing down from a fight.
    DSM Correlate: Sadistic Personality Disorder
    Core Trap (s): acting with total impunity after having established power through fear.
    Core Vulnerability: Eights are out of touch with vulnerability due to the defense mechanism of denial.
    Core Weakness: Weakness is like a pit of despair that eights are wired to avoid falling into.
    Core Passion: Lust. Because the eight employs the defense mechanism of denial, they are out of touch with being human. Lust fills that space with an appetite/enjoyment/pleasure for prevailing over others in the rough and tumble.
    8w7s are always on the move in the conquest of more territory. They exercise power through more subversive means. 8w9s are heavily involved in the consolidation of their own territory. They exercise power through more traditional means.
    I agree with all of this. Naturally many 8's want to reach the better than average levels so, improving those less than ideal distortion, fixation, traps and weaknesses are something we should (I do) strive for. But not all. Some 8's are simply better not being part of this world.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Type 9: The Leisurely Gestalt
    Core Strategy: Seeking support and offering support
    Core Distortion: This point on the enneagram has no built-in distortion.
    Area of Fixation: Merging
    DSM Correlate: Dependent Personality Disorder
    Core trap: Going with the flow and staying merged with the agenda of others
    Core Vulnerability: Separation.
    Core weakness: Inner clarity.
    Core Passion: Sloth. The passion of sloth is akin to self-forgetfulness, going on autopilot, falling asleep to one’s will, so to speak.
    9w8s have a natural social charisma they use to reach their own objectives but also to make friends and help others reach their own goals; alliance-building. 9w1s have a more emotionally unexpressive and solemn manner, are capable of seeing reality without pretensions to mask it with and bear through these weighty concerns with one's nose to the grindstone. 9w1s are also critical and more drawn towards constant debate, but, in contrast to 1w9s, are just as sharp and unsparing on themselves.
    I don't relate fully enough to each description of either wing. I do have a weird, boisterous sort of charisma despite being very aloof and withdrawn. Though I wouldn't say I am good at building alliances. But I'm also self-critical/identify with the 1 desire to be beyond reproach and I am nose to the grindstone. Yet, I'm not at all unexpressive and excessively solemn or critical of others most of the time.

「」
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

Type 7: The Rebellious or Non-conforming Gestalt
    Core strategy: doing whatever one wants
    Core Distortion: “God is against me. I am against God.” God is anything that can inhibit one's gratification.
    Area of Fixation: Having a large variety to choose from
    Core Action Set: Being unrestrained and disrupting the social ethic; acting out.
    DSM Correlate: Antisocial Personality Disorder
    Core Trap: Habitually putting wants ahead of needs and cheating the present moment for more pleasure believing it can be made up for at another time.
    Core Vulnerability: Immobilization; restriction
    Core Weakness: Commitment
    Core Passion: Gluttony. Gluttony is like a "roving eye" as if to bely their insatiable desire to consume everything in sight with no restriction on how the seven will take it.
    6 wingers find stimulation through relationships, are monkey-minded in debate, and have a generalist grasp on many different subjects. 8 wingers are bold, adventurous, and see life more in zero sum terms.

Ahhh 7 it's so good to see you. The real you. And not one of your many alien impostors that read a bit like... "A Trip to Disneyland through the Eyes of a Five Year Old"

There was a member here that asked for some insight and advice in order to best deal with her e7 husband's sudden mood shifts...from positive, inspired and hopeful...to suddenly "losing it" with wild ranting...everything sucks ass we'll never make it...

And I said to her that when this happens...something broke through...something's reminded him that he's mortal and it's very painful when this happens. Which I believe in her eyes only made me appear more insane than I actually am... (and she apparently does professional work with enneagram haha but she did seem to possess the trip to Disneyland understanding of 7 so...)

^Oh but I stand by what I say as much as a person can stand by something they said. And so it's so nice to see "God is against me"...and I understand why it is written that way. But the "God is against me" feel only comes once the 7 fully grasps that they aren't a god themselves.
    Last edited by Starry; 12-23-2018 at 01:39 AM.
    Likes Avocado liked this post