• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Can someone help me understand Enneagrams and what my Enneagram type is?

SigningBeast

MBTI Type
INFP
Hello... I don’t really understand enneagrams.. but can someone teach me and possibly type me with an enneagram if that is how it works? IDK all I know is that it’s a personality thing...

Anywho.. I guess I can say my interests..

-art (any type... I crave it.. I even want to create it. It can go from dancing to painting to music to literature)
— photography and literature is my top two
-helping others and things
-making change
-being who I am and staying true to myself (I know that is cliche but let me do itttt OKAYY haha)
- adventure to be honest.. idk how to elaborate because it’s kind of obvious..

Idk what else to say... I don’t think that is enough info about me. I know with art, I get so intuned with it when around it that it resonates with me and I can’t stop thinking about.
When helping people, I try to give them options and such..

Sorry I feel awkward doing this because I don’t know what enneagrams are... but I think that MBTI is basically the same as enneagram... I don’t really know my MBTI either... AHH okay imma shut up..

Thank you btw... whoever answers this

VeeK

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
Take the tests is the only advice I can give you. MBTI is not the same thing as enneagram, they are very different and cover generally unrelated parts of personality. There is some correlation but the only deal-breaker imo is that 5s cannot be extroverted. Your interests are not your personality. Any type of either personality test could have those interests. Take the tests, read the descriptions and then if you still have questions--specific ones--ask them.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Take the tests is the only advice I can give you. MBTI is not the same thing as enneagram, they are very different and cover generally unrelated parts of personality. There is some correlation but the only deal-breaker imo is that 5s cannot be extroverted. Your interests are not your personality. Any type of either personality test could have those interests. Take the tests, read the descriptions and then if you still have questions--specific ones--ask them.

Technically 5s can be extroverted, but typically they only are when they're soc dom/sp blind, and even then it's a shot in the dark. Typically this is found among ENTPs on the ambiverted edge of things. Nonetheless, 5 does work a bit better as an introvert.

SigningBeast said:
Hello... I don’t really understand enneagrams.. but can someone teach me and possibly type me with an enneagram if that is how it works? IDK all I know is that it’s a personality thing...

-art (any type... I crave it.. I even want to create it. It can go from dancing to painting to music to literature)
-making change
-being who I am and staying true to myself (I know that is cliche but let me do itttt OKAYY haha)

Idk what else to say... I don’t think that is enough info about me. I know with art, I get so intuned with it when around it that it resonates with me and I can’t stop thinking about.

Sorry I feel awkward doing this because I don’t know what enneagrams are... but I think that MBTI is basically the same as enneagram... I don’t really know my MBTI either... AHH okay imma shut up..

As alluded to above, the enneagram and mbti have their similarities, but form their basis on different aspects of the human personality. Mbti tries to map thought processes and behavior while enneagram tries into motivations and behavior based upon fear. If you're looking for some particularly good resources, "Wisdom of The Enneagram" is always a decent place to go if you're willing to read (you don't necessarily have to read the whole thing or it in order because it's... Extensive, but organized in a way where you can figure out where to start). This is also a pretty good place to start, give or take. If you're looking for your type in particular, if I remember correctly you initially sounded fairly 9(w1), so I'd start there. Maybe 6 could be a decent fit too, 6 descriptions are a bit messy.

I guess this one isn't too awful for 6 in particular. If you search "Fine distinctions tom candon nine points magazine" in google, you'll get decent descriptions of the other types as well, though I don't think it's a great idea to get into that before playing around with enneagram institute or wisdom first since Candon gets into instinctual subtypes and that can be a little messy.

SigningBeast

MBTI Type
INFP
well, it's been a couple of months since i've posted on this and I found that I am INFP (im actually in the middle of ISFP and INFP but I show more INFP than ISFP so im INFP) I have yet to go into my ennegram type, but they can correlate with each other. of course, it is different for everyone, which I was able to prove to myself with the whole hogwarts house and INFP. This waas on another forum but I asked INFPs what their hogwarts house was (which I am a slytherin) and most of them came out as hufflepuff or ravenclaw (which is to be expected because more than likely INFPs are hufflepuff or ravenclaw) but there is still thosethat came out as slytherin or gryffendor.
so there is some correlation, but it isn't always true. not all INFPs are one of the enneagram types, but it wouldn't be surprising if that INFP came out as the individualistic ennegram type.
it really depeneds on the individual person's values and what they do and how they work. (assumption)

I still have no clue on the ennegram type, and like I said, I dont think my MBTI type would correlate with my ennegram type, but it wouldn't surprise me if it somewhat does.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
...There is some correlation but the only deal-breaker imo is that 5s cannot be extroverted...
A 5 may unlikely be extraverted, but certainly not impossible.

To SingingBeast, based on your descriptions, though vague, it inclines towards type 7 and type 4. Have a ponder at the many descriptions of these two types over the web, and see if you relate to either of them.

SigningBeast

MBTI Type
INFP
A 5 may unlikely be extraverted, but certainly not impossible.

To SingingBeast, based on your descriptions, though vague, it inclines towards type 7 and type 4. Have a ponder at the many descriptions of these two types over the web, and see if you relate to either of them.

If I can find a questionairre, I can do one where I am more in depth. At first I was super shy and didn't know what to say, but now I am pretty comfortable with what to say (although it took 2 months)
I will also look at type 7 and 4

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so

-making change

have you ever tried 6w7 9w8 2w1

TorquoiseEnneagram

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
My advice? Take the tests, figure out which ones types are most likely via wings and growth/stress arrows. Unless you had unusual circumstances, your main type, your wings, and your stress and growth should all be relatively high. Usually this would correlate your main type to one of your exceptionally high ratings. Then, read through the descriptions for the likely types. Do not stop reading the description. Have a friend read you the description if need be. The one you hate the most and feel the most called-out for is likely your type.

Tomb1

-making change

A Primer On The Core Gestalts For Each E-Type And More

Stackemup Enneagram Description for Enneatype I
Stackemup Enneagram Description for Enneatype II
Stackemup Enneagram Description For Enneatype III
Stackemup Enneagram Description For Enneatype V
Stackemup Enneagram Description for Enneatype VI
Stackemup Enneagram Description for Enneatype VII
Stackemup Enneagram Description for Enneatype VIII
Stackemup Enneagram Description for Enneatype IX