• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Why so many nines?

ThoughtBubbles

Pansexual Primadonna
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is it just me or are there a shitload of nines on this site???

I haven't seen such a high concentration of them... well... ever... maybe I just didn't know how to look though.

ThoughtBubbles

Pansexual Primadonna
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
also note, in my experience they're not super common in my personal life. maybe they are just reflective enough (to totally stereotype) to be more prevalent on a site that requires reflecting like this?

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
We were all bit by a rabid 9 and the enneagram has spread throughout the population.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It might just be your social groups, 9s along with 6s are considered the most common types, I believe.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They're avoiding all the stuff life is throwing at them and hanging out online instead. It makes perfect sense. This place = avoidance.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They're avoiding all the stuff life is throwing at them and hanging out online instead. It makes perfect sense. This place = avoidance.

Yes. yes. y e s .

:yes::cry:

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member

I'm avoiding this realization. Im confronting this fact. *explodes*

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Online naturally you are going to find a different concentration of people and even so on other websites. This forum tends to have a fluffy nature which the nature of the E9 would enjoy, but they also jump ship occasionally when the drama llama comes out.
And considering there's over a billion people in the world, 10% becomes quite a huge number of that. XD it is like 10,000,000,000 people. So this site just happened to attract more of that audience.

Gone

... yes, yes it is.

*written from work*

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
9w1's are the most common enneagram type after 6.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Isn't that more of a 7 thing?
9s also. Both, but in different ways. 9s kind of numb out and retreat into somewhat of an inner sanctum where we're unaffected, reframe things to see them in a positive way, and dissociate, while 7s seek external stimulation.

This is super 9:
this-is-fine.0.jpg

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9s also. Both, but in different ways. 9s kind of numb out and retreat into somewhat of an inner sanctum where we're unaffected, reframe things to see them in a positive way, and dissociate, while 7s seek external stimulation.

This is super 9:
this-is-fine.0.jpg

Yet more confirmation of having 7 and a 9 in my tritype :D My first response to any kind of internal yuck is to flee the scene, go for a run, an aimless drive, something external that can at least temporarily set me free. If that doesn’t work, then I pull inwards and attempt to reframe the situation in a much more palatable flavor I can manage.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yet more confirmation of having 7 and a 9 in my tritype :D My first response to any kind of internal yuck is to flee the scene, go for a run, an aimless drive, something external that can at least temporarily set me free. If that doesn’t work, then I pull inwards and attempt to reframe the situation in a much more palatable flavor I can manage.
So a 974 would ignore, then try to escape, then dramatically moan in self-pity?

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx

7/9 combination is interesting to me. I almost wish I was more like 7 than 5 or 6 sometimes...but then again, I'm not one to be discontent with what I am / have*. The grass isn't greener on the other side, the left isn't better it's just different than the right, both have their pros and cons. Nevertheless, it's an interesting combination because they're positivity triad, I imagine 7+9 = chill af and not reactive whatsoever.

Edit:
*"I'm not one to be discontent with what I am / have"
...since I strive to become whatever I need to be and am able to see the good and bad in both, thus I accept my own battles. (I don't mean contentment as in complacency, in other words.)

Last edited:

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
So a 974 would ignore, then try to escape, then dramatically moan in self-pity?

Oh I’m certainly no expert in tritype theory, and I doubt it’s as linear and lock-step as I made it out to seem. In reality I definitely favor switching up my environment first and foremost, or distracting my mind on much more interesting things, but I would say a fair bit of internal escape is also happening at the same time, or, envision one of those 90’s toys that was filled with two different colored oils and they never blended if you shook the object up, the two colors would just swirl.