• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Why am I so obsessed with fives???

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I only have one guess. I am very confident of my type (4 with a very strong 5 wing). My favorite and most effective therapist (lol she is a self-proclaimed 5w4) said she thought I had a strong five wing and also that a lot of my values are very five-ish. So my guess is I have a lot of unconscious pull towards five out of a desire to further develop my wing.

IDEK THOUGH WTAF???
LOL My 5w4 is my "therapist." They're just so good at analyzing and calm.
I think because I'm a 4 some of them find me overwhelming, gushy, too emotional to bother with, etc.
I haven't really experienced this with 5s, I understand they can be quite introverted; I wonder what your experiences were like...

I'm not entirely sure why I'm obsessed with them as well.
I have a bit of a hard time expressing how much I like someone as my head flips to antonyms. Maybe its a self-defensive mechanism, but my 5s can see through it pretty well. I actually used to be really scared of e5, especially 5w4- they look so serious and they wouldn't care how I feel just like my mother. :cry: But I realize if I give them a chance to understand me, they're so much more meaningful than that. I also think their serious look is hot even if I'm terrified. Surprisingly, I relate to them a lot; I find them hilarious (those 5w6 can be funny asf I think it might be the wing idk). I really like how my 5w4 can handle my kinda paranoid/clingy/bipolar self. They're not disgusted by it, sometimes they may seem overwhelmed but their wing can be pulled into my "dark" moments and just help bring clarity to my thoughts. Maybe that's why I'm attracted to 4w5/6w5/5w4. I love the "isolating" emo type of guy, the shy sweet kind and "crazy" type to others. I remembering him saying he liked the girls with daddy/mommy issues gurl. We just connected I guess.

I can be every toxic to be with but he seems strong enough to push through my bs. He sets healthy boundaries yet very caring and involved with all the details I have. He checks on me and makes sure I'm ok emotionally, mentally, and physically. I don't really know why he's even attracted to me tbh, I'm not really an ideal type of gf. I say what's on my mind a lot, its really hard to control... but he's not pushed away by it; he just listens and shares his "logical" analysis on it. I also think our wings make us compatible, as w7 I can be pretty upbeat and exciting coming into my w4 world and brightening it up, while his w4 world can bring sensual meaningful thoughts and relationship to me of that I crave.

I really would be left in the dust if he didn't stay by me.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting thread....

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
LOL My 5w4 is my "therapist." They're just so good at analyzing and calm.

I am still curios: Do you think that your 5 has a 9 fix or 2 fix ?

To be honest I once tried to date ISTP 6 but she didn't trust me. Even if I liked her style of drama.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am still curios: Do you think that your 5 has a 9 fix or 2 fix ?

To be honest I once tried to date ISTP 6 but she didn't trust me. Even if I liked her style of drama.

He probably has 9fix, there's not an ounce of e2 in him. Hm, as e6 I don't trust anyone. As ISTP I don't trust NJ. Actually, xxTP don't trust anyone.

I think there maybe natural attraction between 5 and 6, but also there's a lot of ways they rub ewch other off.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
For all you 5 lovers out there.

Spectre

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Got to say I am surprised that some folks are really into fives, but I guess you are not that common.

ThoughtBubbles

Pansexual Primadonna
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Got to say I am surprised that some folks are really into fives, but I guess you are not that common.

You don't think it's that common? Are you serious? I would've thought it was really common with all the love Sherlock and other brainy characters get nowadays...

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, speaking as a 2, I think there comes a strange magnetic pull between me and the 5s in my life. I don't know any IRL 5s at the moment, except maybe my INTP brother. But when he and I lived together in this house, we absolutely understood each other despite the differences. The 5s I know online seem intrigued by my warmth, and I with their deeply intricate minds. I don't know if I could make an actual lifelong romantic relationship work with one, since so many websites tell me I need an 8 to give me confidence in life.. but friendship wise? It is splendid!

I think it's your w5 that deeply resonates with the core 5s. If you can meet a 5w4, I think you'd make a great couple without a lot of misunderstanding.

Spectre

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
You don't think it's that common? Are you serious? I would've thought it was really common with all the love Sherlock and other brainy characters get nowadays...

Its starting to get painfully obvious that I don't have a clue about what goes on in modern fiction.

ThoughtBubbles

Pansexual Primadonna
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Its starting to get painfully obvious that I don't have a clue about what goes on in modern fiction.

It just seems like in nerdy circles, it's the type that's most idealized. Then again, I have such a weakness for the type I am probably really biased and potentially projecting?

ThoughtBubbles

Pansexual Primadonna
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, speaking as a 2, I think there comes a strange magnetic pull between me and the 5s in my life. I don't know any IRL 5s at the moment, except maybe my INTP brother. But when he and I lived together in this house, we absolutely understood each other despite the differences. The 5s I know online seem intrigued by my warmth, and I with their deeply intricate minds. I don't know if I could make an actual lifelong romantic relationship work with one, since so many websites tell me I need an 8 to give me confidence in life.. but friendship wise? It is splendid!

I think it's your w5 that deeply resonates with the core 5s. If you can meet a 5w4, I think you'd make a great couple without a lot of misunderstanding.

I'd love to meet one. They generally are not as fond of me as I am of them. Lucky you for having a magnetic pull! :) I bet you both together have interesting conversations.

Spectre

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
It just seems like in nerdy circles, it's the type that's most idealized. Then again, I have such a weakness for the type I am probably really biased and potentially projecting?

Perhaps.

Out of curiosity. In your opening post you said you are a writer. What kind of books do you write?

ThoughtBubbles

Pansexual Primadonna
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Perhaps.

Out of curiosity. In your opening post you said you are a writer. What kind of books do you write?

Fictional short stories and poems. I heavily focus on narratives and characters in both. Why? Do you write?