• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Do tritypes usually have wings?

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Some think it makes no sense to. I mean technically you can do either one, but I think it's kind of weird to essentially choose 6 out of 9 types for yourself and order them from greatest to least.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tritype does incorporate wings.

I always look at it this way.

your CORE type is the one that influences you the most. Therefore the wing for it will show itself more than a wing of a fix. The fixes are there fore going down the line. Kind of like functions in a way. You can correct me as you see as well. :3

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm really curious how you identify instincts from the other fixes' wings. Especially given the any enneatype can be of any instinct and wing combo.

I've seen people go super nutso with the tritype wings thing. Like I totally get it for some of the enneatypes. Like a 9w8 is SO different from a 9w1. DAT EIGHT ASS CHANGES EVERYTHING.

But still. To me it always seemed a little extra? Maybe I just didn't get it though?

I didn't realize that people could actually derive much meaning from the (non-core type) wings. I haven't even seen it show up that much on the net where people specify except for where I've seen a few (on tumblr of course) where it just feels like the person is being a special snowflake queen and it's just like... really??? -_- Do you do it because you're just trying to be different? this vibe I got is of course based on the rest of their tumblr page lol. Not just the personality theory stuff.

I'm a pretty solid 417... I could probably guess those other two's wings (probably 1w2 and 7w6, lol very little 9 or 8 in me at all), but it always felt pedantic for some reason to specify further. Tritype is so arcane, most people who are into enneagram don't even scratch the surface for it, let alone the tritype stuff. Some of the only books out about the tritypes are sold out everywhere and so underground they're spiral bound. I would kill to see a solid book on more tritype stuff, especially this sort of thing with the wings and instincts.

tl;dr - not trying to knock it, just curious to hear more because it always left me a bit baffled before

You're very right about this. I see wings on fixes as being a sort of curiosity, really. You have a particular psychology, and it's influenced by one of the types next to it...in each center of intelligence. It's a super minor distinction, yet I have seen bloody battles fought over it with people they've never met irl. It boggles the mind.

As to how one makes that determination...I just choose the description that's more "me". When I find myself using that center a lot, I try to note what wing seems to be driving it more. Of course, it's anyone's best guess imo.