• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Whats my core type? (8, 4, or 5)

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, so I have narrowed down my tritype to these three, and I am trying to figure out my core. I have had people suggest I am a healthy 5 intergrating to 8, but I don't think 5 is my core or my strongest type of the 3. Mostly due to having a lot of extroverted tendancies, drive, and aggression. But I know I am an introvert. I am also at the same time, strongly a 4. Which seems contradictory, but it isn't. It makes perfect sense to me on the inside. Ill be willing to answer questions.

I am aware 8 and 4 are unlikely Enneagram types for INTJ, but I am comfortably confident these three enneagrams are my tritype. (8w9,4w3,5w6)

My question is, which one is my core?

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
That tritype is not all that unusual for an INTJ.

Are you reactive? You mentioned aggression, so I'm guessing you have a tendency to respond to situations with anger, which of course... is by definition an emotion.

It's best to focus on the core fears though and really dig below the ego to identify your primary motivator.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That tritype is not all that unusual for an INTJ.

Are you reactive? You mentioned aggression, so I'm guessing you have a tendency to respond to situations with anger, which of course... is by definition an emotion.

It's best to focus on the core fears though and really dig below the ego to identify your primary motivator.

I can be reactive, but I am self disciplined.

Out of the fears of each, I think the 8 fears of being controlled or harmed is pretty strong, as opposed to inadequacy/incapability, and lack of identity. But I am not sure 100% that 8 fear is more strong than 4 fears.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I can be reactive, but I am self disciplined.

Out of the fears of each, I think the 8 fears of being controlled or harmed is pretty strong, as opposed to inadequacy/incapability, and lack of identity. But I am not sure 100% that 8 fear is more strong than 4 fears.

INTJ 4 would be much more unusual than 8.
Nothing is impossible in a world of 8 billion.

rav3n

INTJ 4 would be much more unusual than 8.
Nothing is impossible in a world of 8 billion.
More often than not, INT 8's eventually come out as CP6s or realize they've self mistyped and change to other MBTI types.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
More often than not, INT 8's eventually come out as CP6s or realize they've self mistyped and change to other MBTI types.

Makes sense. If one’s motive is comfort and they lose that it could cause one to become aggresive or feel like they have no control which would look like an 8.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ive considered cp 6 when I first started trying to figure out my type, but I do not relate to the profile hardly at all. But I wont rule out the possibility of it being in my tritype. I chose 8, because 1 and 9 don't really fit. Unless I got the wrong impression that you cannot have two types from the same triad.

But after reading some comparisons between 8 and 6, it is more likely I am integrating to 8, with 5. Which would rule out 6cp. So it would mean I am neither 6 or 8. I would have to figure out what my instinct triad is. Fuck...am I actually a 9? No, that is impossible heh. I have to be 8 or 1. But I am far more lenient to be a 1, and realistic.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Ive considered cp 6 when I first started trying to figure out my type, but I do not relate to the profile hardly at all. But I wont rule out the possibility of it being in my tritype. I chose 8, because 1 and 9 don't really fit. Unless I got the wrong impression that you cannot have two types from the same triad.

But after reading some comparisons between 8 and 6, it is more likely I am integrating to 8, with 5. Which would rule out 6cp. So it would mean I am neither 6 or 8. I would have to figure out what my instinct triad is. Fuck...am I actually a 9? No, that is impossible heh. I have to be 8 or 1. But I am far more lenient to be a 1, and realistic.

Nothing is impossible. “ Leniant fir a one” sounds 9ish. Why not 9w8?

rav3n

You might have 8 in your tritype but it's doubtful it's your core type. Look to CP6w?.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nothing is impossible. “ Leniant fir a one” sounds 9ish. Why not 9w8?

Because 9 is literally my opposite, as well as 2. Lol. "Trusting, accepting and stable" are not me at all.

Introverted 8's, if they exist wouldnt exhibit exactly the same behavior as an extroverted 8. As the 8-ness would be directed inwards (since I use Ni)and somewhat outwards (Te). Which is why I thought it makes sense to me.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You might have 8 in your tritype but it's doubtful it's your core type. Look to CP6w?.

I wasnt aware wings could be cp. Is there a source for this?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Since I never stated anything about a counterphobic wing, why would I need to provide evidence of such?

You said "CP6w", instead of just 6. So I assumed you were talking about a 6 wing.

I expected you to provide source so I can read? It is called helping, you might have heard of it. This isn't a debate, or even a confrontation. Why are you being this way?

rav3n

You said "CP6w", instead of just 6. So I assumed you were talking about a 6 wing.

I expected you to provide source so I can read? It is called helping, you might have heard of it. This isn't a debate, or even a confrontation. Why are you being this way?
CP6w? is what I stated. This means that your core type is CP6 with an unknown wing, hence the question mark.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
CP6w? is what I stated. This means that your core type is CP6 with an unknown wing, hence the question mark.

You didn't clarify, you instead responded with snark. So I am a bit irritaited, because you get so hostile when I am asking to understand.

rav3n

You didn't clarify, you instead responded with snark. So I am a bit irritaited, because you get so hostile when I am asking to understand.
Seriously look into CP6 because that's the way you're responding to me, lol.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seriously look into CP6 because that's the way you're responding to me, lol.

Yeah, sure. Don't come to my thread to start shit, if you were not ever intending to be helpful.

rav3n

Yeah, sure. Don't come to my thread to start shit, if you were not ever intending to be helpful.
Since my intent was to be helpful, I would suggest that you reread what I've written without your presumption of ill intent. Not once did I snark at you.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Since my intent was to be helpful, I would suggest that you reread what I've written without your presumption of ill intent. Not once did I snark at you.

"Since I never stated anything about a counterphobic wing, why would I need to provide evidence of such?"

This here, in this post. Is snark.

Instead of correcting my misunderstanding, you misconstrued it as if we were debating and presenting arguments. Any normal person would have corrected the misunderstanding and have moved on from it. But I assume you are still irritated/defensive by yesterday's exchange, and are operating from an irritated/defensive mindset today.

rav3n

"Since I never stated anything about a counterphobic wing, why would I need to provide evidence of such?"

This here, in this post. Is snark.

Instead of correcting my misunderstanding, you misconstrued it as if we were debating and presenting arguments. Any normal person would have corrected the misunderstanding and have moved on from it. But I assume you are still irritated/defensive by yesterday's exchange, and are operating from an irritated/defensive mindset today.
That's not snark. That's confusion.