• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Whats my core type? (8, 4, or 5)

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd rather you said definitely not a 9w8 because a lot of 9w8s don't relate to the 9 stereotypes.

I said it was a gut feeling.

I can get saying gut feelings, but then I have to say your gut is wrong ;P

Ignoring your posts? I see quite a few responses in this thread, and isn't "asserting their impressions over discussion" the point of participating in a thread? I may be misunderstanding exactly what you are objecting to here. In any case, if you start a thread on the forum, you can expect responses from members who browse the forum but don't sign on to Discord.

I was mostly referring to people making statements, but providing no evidence. In spite of the fact that I said I do not do X, because of X. How am I suppose to consider a type, if no one points out what behavior I am doing that specifically points to that?

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can get saying gut feelings, but then I have to say your gut is wrong ;P

I didn't figure out my type by looking at the basic fears/basic motives myself since they can apply to anyone. I'd advise you to look at the passions, fixations, harmonic groups and defense mechanisms of the types. I only figured out my type by seeing that i'm really internally slothful and that my defense mechanism is narcotization.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't figure out my type by looking at the basic fears/basic motives myself since they can apply to anyone. I'd advise you to look at the passions, fixations, harmonic groups and defense mechanisms of the types. I only figured out my type by seeing that i'm really internally slothful and that my defense mechanism is narcotization.

I have read the Wisdom of the enneagram, its how I settled on this tritype to begin with. This thread was more to find my core, not so much to type myself.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have read the Wisdom of the enneagram, its how I settled on this tritype to begin with. This thread was more to find my core, not so much to type myself.

I have the Wisdom of Enneagram and it doesn't mention the fixations or defense mechanisms of the types. The authors don't endorse tritype but they endorse integration and disintegration which links each type to two numbers.

The only other thing I could be is a 1. On top of 5 integrating to 8. I have not ruled out 6, but I think I am way more of a 4.

Basic Fear: That they have no identity or personal significance
Basic Desire: To find themselves and their significance (to create an
identity)

1's disintegrate to 4 and 4's integrate to 1. Is 5w4 out of the question? 5w4 is basically all in one since it's a 5 and they can have a heavy wing and integrate to 8.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I think this is good for tritype searches.
You pick the best match from each triad and then you arrange the picked numbers by what you think is the the amount and quality of usage.

Gut: physical presence in the way that a person takes up space.
-8 fixers take up space unapologetically and just seem solid...
-9 fixers take up space apologetically and seem unsubstantial physically in the unhealthier levels while more in flow in the healthier levels
-1 fixers take up space somewhere in between, rigid, tense, clenched

Heart: information a person consciously or unconsciously presents about him/herself.
-2 fixers present as more unimportant, humble, a 'servant'...
-3 fixers present as more of a consistent winner, sometimes regal....
-4 fixers present as more intense, self-referential, deep, sometimes erratic

Head: orientation towards thinking and ideas.
-5 fixers think more for the delight of 'big ideas' about human behavior and creating new concepts to keep reality aligned with their 'cerebral landscape'...
-6 fixers think more for the responsibility of assessing and defending current beliefs/people to figure out what/who is reliable and what they can be certain about...
-7 fixers think more for the delight of staying on the move (mentally or physically) in search of new ideas to stimulate their minds with

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1's disintegrate to 4 and 4's integrate to 1. Is 5w4 out of the question? 5w4 is basically all in one since it's a 5 and they can have a heavy wing and integrate to 8.

It isn't out of the question.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The impression I have is that you are not as withdrawn as a core 5 would be.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It isn't out of the question.

Defense mechanisms for the four types in question:

Ones: Reaction Formation

Reaction Formation is a defense mechanism by which individuals reduce or try to eliminate anxiety caused by their own thoughts, feelings, or behaviors that they consider unacceptable by responding in a manner that is the exact opposite of their real responses. The One’s active inner critic dictates what is acceptable based on social mores, contextual expectations, and moral principles, and reaction formation becomes a defensive remedy when Ones experience what they deem “unacceptable” reactions. A subtle example often seen in Ones is when they dislike someone yet are especially nice and polite to this person. A more blatant example – one that is not exclusive to Enneagram style Ones – is an individual who crusades against corporate corruption, only to be discovered later as having embezzled money from the organization.

Fours: Introjection

Introjection is a counter-intuitive defense mechanism. Instead of repelling critical information and negative experiences that can cause a person anxiety or pain, individuals introject the information – that is, they fully absorb, internalize, and incorporate these data into their sense of self. Fritz Perls, the father of Gestalt Therapy, refers to this phenomenon as swallowing something whole without being able to differentiate between information that is true from information that is untrue. Fours introject negative information – and repel positive data – about themselves as a way of coping with painful information and neutralizing external threats. They prefer to deal with self-inflicted damage rather than having to respond to criticism or rejection from others.

Fives: Isolation

Isolation occurs in Fives as a way for them to avoid feeling overwhelmed and empty. Fives isolate themselves by retreating into their minds, cutting themselves off from their feelings, and compartmentalizing – that is, isolating each part of themselves from the whole or the related parts. For example, Fives separate their thoughts from their feelings and/or feelings from behaviors, as well as separating their personal and work lives. Fives may also isolate themselves from other people and separate their relationships so that their friends never meet one another; in fact, some Fives even have secret lives.

Eights: Denial

Denial is a defense mechanism by which individuals unconsciously negate something that makes them feel anxious by disavowing its very existence. These can include thoughts, feelings, wishes, sensations, needs, and other external factors that are unacceptable to the Eight for some reason. Denial comes in a variety of forms. A person may deny the reality of the unpleasant information altogether, admit that something is true but deny or minimize its seriousness, or admit that both the information and its severity are true but deny any personal responsibility for it.

Fixations for the four types in question:

Enneagram One: Resentment
Paying attention to flaws so that nothing ever seems good enough.

Enneagram Four: Melancholy
Thinking continuously about what is missing, with accompanying thoughts of being disconnected or separated from others.

Enneagram Five: Stinginess
A scarcity paradigm that leads to an insatiable thirst for knowing, a reluctance to share – knowledge, time, space, and personal information – and to strategizing about how to control one’s environment.

Enneagram Eight: Vengeance
The process of rebalancing wrongs through thoughts related to anger, blame, and intimidation.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Reaction Formation is a defense mechanism by which individuals reduce or try to eliminate anxiety caused by their own thoughts, feelings, or behaviors that they consider unacceptable by responding in a manner that is the exact opposite of their real responses. The One’s active inner critic dictates what is acceptable based on social mores, contextual expectations, and moral principles, and reaction formation becomes a defensive remedy when Ones experience what they deem “unacceptable” reactions. A subtle example often seen in Ones is when they dislike someone yet are especially nice and polite to this person. A more blatant example – one that is not exclusive to Enneagram style Ones – is an individual who crusades against corporate corruption, only to be discovered later as having embezzled money from the organization.

Introjection is a counter-intuitive defense mechanism. Instead of repelling critical information and negative experiences that can cause a person anxiety or pain, individuals introject the information – that is, they fully absorb, internalize, and incorporate these data into their sense of self. Fritz Perls, the father of Gestalt Therapy, refers to this phenomenon as swallowing something whole without being able to differentiate between information that is true from information that is untrue. Fours introject negative information – and repel positive data – about themselves as a way of coping with painful information and neutralizing external threats. They prefer to deal with self-inflicted damage rather than having to respond to criticism or rejection from others.

Isolation occurs in Fives as a way for them to avoid feeling overwhelmed and empty. Fives isolate themselves by retreating into their minds, cutting themselves off from their feelings, and compartmentalizing – that is, isolating each part of themselves from the whole or the related parts. For example, Fives separate their thoughts from their feelings and/or feelings from behaviors, as well as separating their personal and work lives. Fives may also isolate themselves from other people and separate their relationships so that their friends never meet one another; in fact, some Fives even have secret lives.

Denial is a defense mechanism by which individuals unconsciously negate something that makes them feel anxious by disavowing its very existence. These can include thoughts, feelings, wishes, sensations, needs, and other external factors that are unacceptable to the Eight for some reason. Denial comes in a variety of forms. A person may deny the reality of the unpleasant information altogether, admit that something is true but deny or minimize its seriousness, or admit that both the information and its severity are true but deny any personal responsibility for it.

Thinking continuously about what is missing, with accompanying thoughts of being disconnected or separated from others.

A scarcity paradigm that leads to an insatiable thirst for knowing, a reluctance to share – knowledge, time, space, and personal information – and to strategizing about how to control one’s environment.

The process of rebalancing wrongs through thoughts related to anger, blame, and intimidation.

This approach underscores the astounding lack of self-awareness presented by someone on here who is generally extremely delusional, who thinks they're INxJ 4 (but is actually such an obvious 6) yet does anything but introject and instead projects like literal crazy (seriously it's beyond ridiculous) by blaming absolutely everyone but themselves for problems/things.

Anyway, this is a good strategy for finding one's type. I couldn't relate to e9 descriptions at all either. I was finally able to start see e9 in myself by reading the spiritual dimension of the enneagram and running into the idea of Holy Love/the pearl beyond price. Of course the Holy Ideas angle might not be everyone's cup of tea.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This approach underscores the astounding lack of self-awareness presented by someone on here who is generally extremely delusional, who thinks they're INxJ 4 (but is actually such an obvious 6) yet does anything but introject and instead projects like literal crazy (seriously it's beyond ridiculous) by blaming absolutely everyone but themselves for problems/things.

I guess that I was blind to it before since it wasn't happening to me.

Anyway, this is a good strategy for finding one's type.
I did mention it twice before literally posting it but it went over their heads.

I couldn't relate to the 9 descriptions at all either.
The only people that seem to relate to it seem to be the ISFx 9w1s. So many INFP 9w1s keep thinking they are 4w5s and ISTP 9w8s keep thinking they are 8w9s.

I was finally able to start see e9 in myself by reading the spiritual dimension of the enneagram and running into the idea of Holy Love/the peal beyond price. Of course the Holy Ideas angle might not be everyone's cup of tea.

I would have mentioned the holy ideas but I assumed that it may be too unusual for most people. Reading up on Holy Love made me bawl my eyes out.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because 9 is literally my opposite, as well as 2. Lol. "Trusting, accepting and stable" are not me at all.

Dude, I literally use to think this until I realized that I was just a 9w8 with a heavy-ish wing. I told Bechimo that I didn't relate to those quoted words but i'm still a 9.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dude, I literally use to think this until I realized that I was just a 9w8 with a heavy-ish wing. I told Bechimo that I didn't relate to those quoted words but i'm still a 9.

And im telling you I have read into ever aspect of multiple types, even tumblr ones. I am not a 9.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
@Yamimaru

I haven't interacted with you enough to know why everyone thinks you're obviously a 6. I have been on forums for long enough to know the ways 6 typings can be used as a weapon to cut anyone with a fiesty personality down to size. I can't say what's true in this case as I have little interest vested in this argument at present.

However if you'd like to bounce ideas off me and be listened to in a non-judgemental manner, we can talk about it via PM, discord, or Skype. I have had a long history of typing troubles and can relate to your frustration. There's an answer, you just need to understand how it applies to you.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus

I don't think I've seen this before. Where did you find it? It does make some sense to me that some people can't identify introjection in me because it's mostly hidden. I think the Sp 4s probably rationalize/underplay their self-loathing (externally) so as to appear strong. They are really put off by pity and status (elitism) unlike the other 4s. It's a sort of masochistic humility.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think your INTJ for sure. The Te is really obvious and you feel far more Ni/Se than Si/Ne but ENTJ is a good second option. I'm very sure of your 8w9 core you have this straightforward steady and powerful air to you plus in conjunction with being Sp/So which compliments your style of 8 well (Sp/So 8w9 is by far less aggressive and reactive than the typical 8).. My impression for your fixes are 4w5 and 5w6/6w5 but I don't think you are triple reactive so I incline 5w6.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think I've seen this before.

It is one of the many things about Enneagram that is hidden from the masses. Enneagram is so much more than the basic fears and basic desires.

Where did you find it?

Enneagram Theory: Psychological Defense Mechanisms and the Enneagram - The Enneagram in Business
Enneagram Fixations: Habits of Mind - The Enneagram in Business

It does make some sense to me that some people can't identify introjection in me because it's mostly hidden.
I get it. I feel like my 9ish nature is hidden due to me having a heavy-ish wing and being a sp first 9w8.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
After much deliberation on and off this thread. I have settled with 8w9 as my core, which is disintergrating to 5. I am then 4w5, which both together give me strong 5 vibes. But I also have the erratic behavior and reactiveness of 6cp mixed in, but it Is not my core by obvious reasons, as well as it too having a 5 wing. Which having wings like this make it terribly confusing to pinpoint the core.

So tritype is 846

I found this top tier explination of it. Tell me if its similar to how I am percieved.

The Truth Teller Eight – (864)
Archetype, The Truth Teller – Tritype (4.6.8)
*most reactive Tritype

Intense, truth tellers, shoot from the hip, push for a response, rebelling, reacting, and defending. Direct and intuitive.

The sexual 468 is very impacted by truth and speaking to what is hidden, unknown or unspoken. The intensity of the sx 468 puts this Tritype on the fast track.

For self-preservation 468s the truth is fundamental in life, it requires calm, openness, free from mental noise or emotional reaction. Slow exploring and understanding. It feels like being free from emotional hooks and forget false views from the society without fighting them, to restore a peaceful and benevolent sense of my own goodness and truth at 1. After that I can become really happy and powerful at helping others by simply explaining what I've understood about life.

The Truth Teller Archetype: (468, 648, 864). If you are Tritype 468, you are intuitive, inquisitive and direct. You want to be original, certain and straight-forward. You are highly sensitive, track inconsistencies and are like the ‘canary in the coal mine’ calling off unspoken agendas, motives and emotions. You are also very intense and can at times be rebellious and emotionally reactive. Your life mission is to identify what is insincere and not what it appears to be, and alert others of potential hazards. A whistle-blower, you are happiest when you are in a position to help others from being misled. You can be so focused on what can go wrong and on potential hazards that you miss how controlling you become and your impact on others and what is truly important and meaningful.

The 468 is constantly calling off truth as they see it and sees it as their business to warn people of the potential downfalls and pitfalls in the emotional and mental world. It's the type in each centre that is "truth telling" and tends to be the most reactive, even hyperactive. She said it's typically sexual subtype, but she's seen social too. There's a tendency to feel an acute sense of disappointment because their incredibly acuity at seeing the problems ahead or the potential pitfalls of any situation causes people to misunderstand their reactivity and emotionality.

You have all three Immediate Responder Enneacards, (types: 4, 6 & 8) in your Enneaspread. You see yourself as intense, responsive, challenging and instinctive. You avoid insincerity and people with hidden agendas. Like a canary in a coal mine, you are sensitive to what others miss. You tend to react strongly to pretence, seeking to call off the truth before moving forward. The 468 is a true challenger and truth teller. The 4 may be shy but this Tritype is very intense and reactive, quick to speak their mind. The 485 is the true intellectual that has strong opinions about their feelings and thoughts but less reactivity. Sexual instinct with 4 dominant makes both Tritypes more intense. The 468, however, is more dutiful and feisty whereas the 458 is one of the Tritypes that lives in their head researching and following their own muse.

The 468 Tritype is meant to name the emotional truth that is unspoken and therefore missing and to go on a quest to find it. The Tritype 468 has a counter-phobic 6 and.... the 4 is counter-envious... as in... they hate being envious and try to contain their negative emotions. The problem is that the 468 is impulsive and emotional.... often confronting before they think about it. The 468 has the instinctual, emotional type in each centre. And, there is a need to call off the truth of what is unspoken. I find the 468 to be very persistent... relentlessly so when seeking whatever ignites their passion.

As a 468, I find it tough to be up all the time. I see the darkness, the shadow, that the emperor has no clothes, I see the truth behind the persona, the lie we tell collectively to avoid the pain underneath. When the 4 and 6 are in the tritype there is more negativity as a strategy to prevent making a mistake that will bring shame, blame and criticism.

Type 8 in this Archetype:

Eight/Four fix: The moody, loner eight. Distinct outsider quality; as if on a highly
personal mission. Tendency to feel exempt from conventional rules
and circumstances.

Sexual 4s, 6s and 8s can all be pretty fucking ruthless in their extermination of foes; take a sx 684 and you have a veritable pit bull, someone who potentially sees extermination as their mission. And given the truth telling nature of that Tritype and sx/so (at least their truth), that tendency is also compounded. (Truth telling= extermination of lies)

The 458, 468 and 478 are all truth tellers in their own way. The 468 is the one that is hyper reactive and still seeks a fair authority.