• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Whats my core type? (8, 4, or 5)

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's not snark. That's confusion.

Are you totally not-self aware or what? Like I said, any normal person would have corrected the misunderstanding. Not say shit like "I don't need to prove..." and the "I never stated anything about..." part was entirely defensive despite not defending against anything.

What you could have said is "Oh that is not what I meant, I was referring to you having considered being a 6 (unknown wing) or not?"

Are you actually a 6?

rav3n

Are you totally not-self aware or what? Like I said, any normal person would have corrected the misunderstanding. Not say shit like "I don't need to prove..." and the "I never stated anything about..." part was entirely defensive despite not defending against anything.

What you could have said is "Oh that is not what I meant, I was referring to you having considered being a 6 (unknown wing) or not?"

Are you actually a 6?
Seriously, consider CP6. This has gone totally off the rails and has crashed into the sandwich cart./snark

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seriously, consider CP6. This has gone totally off the rails and has crashed into the sandwich cart./snark

You apparently have not read any of my posts, popped in this thread half way knowing you do not like me. Then get mad, when no one likes your snarky comments.

You my friend, have a complex.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Tritype 458 is the most INTJish tritype. It is definition of INTJ. It is very sensitive and also the most intellectual tritype. You are classical or pure intellectual i.e. scholar.

458 INFP INFJ
485 INFP INFJ INTJ
548 INFJ INTJ
584 INTJ 100%
845 INTP INTJ
854 INTJ ENTJ ENTP

I am aware 8 and 4 are unlikely Enneagram types for INTJ,

Who say that?

INTJs are usually 5 8 1 4 in that specific order.

And yes as 8w9 with INTROVERTED and SENSITIVE tritype 854 or 845 (especially 845) I can see you as INTJ. Avoidance wing of 9 instead action wing of 7. All goes within. ;)

Those who say otherwise have no idea what they talk about.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Who say that?

Everyone I talked about it was like "4 and INTJ are impossible." I have had a lot of people dismiss my typing, especially the 8.

Also people seem to like these things to rule out typing:
main-qimg-70fac1393b965355e2cf57e2185e9214

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Everyone I talked about it was like "4 and INTJ are impossible." I have had a lot of people dismiss my typing, especially the 8.

I think I’ve said this before but nothing is impossible. You give of very 4w5 vibes to me.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp

Well it depends what you use it. Tritype? Type? Type with wings?

Because if you use tritype INTJ 485 and 4w3 it begins to be very possible.

And read it! It is written "very rare" not impossible! ;)

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm still more inclined towards E6 over E5 for you.

For enneagram, either 6w5, 8w9, 4w5 OR 8w9, 6w5, 4w5, though I see more of the former than the latter.

I see this in you, you still have more of a need to 'come out there' and more of an outward focus unlike E5;

That being said, if you indeed are E5 however, then you would be 8w9, 5w4, 4w5.
You are more Reactive (8, 6) than Withdrawn (5) enneagram-wise, and it has nothing to do with how socially introverted or withdrawn you are.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, so I have narrowed down my tritype to these three, and I am trying to figure out my core. I have had people suggest I am a healthy 5 intergrating to 8, but I don't think 5 is my core or my strongest type of the 3. Mostly due to having a lot of extroverted tendancies, drive, and aggression. But I know I am an introvert. I am also at the same time, strongly a 4. Which seems contradictory, but it isn't. It makes perfect sense to me on the inside. Ill be willing to answer questions.

I am aware 8 and 4 are unlikely Enneagram types for INTJ, but I am comfortably confident these three enneagrams are my tritype. (8w9,4w3,5w6)

My question is, which one is my core?
I can easily see core 8 for you, which would tend to mitigate your introversion at least in public presentation. But then I still see you as ISTP. 8 core is associated much more with the introverted types, but you wouldn't be the only introvert 8 here. It makes sense. For tritype, looks to me like 8 4 5, in that order, based on what you seem to prioritize and how you describe it.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can easily see core 8 for you, which would tend to mitigate your introversion at least in public presentation. But then I still see you as ISTP. 8 core is associated much more with the introverted types, but you wouldn't be the only introvert 8 here. It makes sense. For tritype, looks to me like 8 4 5, in that order, based on what you seem to prioritize and how you describe it.

You and your ISTP typeing...I really do not think I am that. I am more likely an INFP than an ISTP. Even if you do not believe me, I use intuition.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You and your ISTP typeing...I really do not think I am that. I am more likely an INFP than an ISTP. Even if you do not believe me, I use intuition.
Everyone uses intuition. Everyone uses every function, just not to the same degree and with the same preference or facility. I am pretty darned good with Se, because I have developed related skills required in my job. An ISTP has tert Ni, which is not to be sneezed at, especially if circumstances have promoted its development.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Everyone uses intuition. Everyone uses every function, just not to the same degree and with the same preference or facility. I am pretty darned good with Se, because I have developed related skills required in my job. An ISTP has tert Ni, which is not to be sneezed at, especially if circumstances have promoted its development.

Yeah, but a ISTP also uses Ti and not Te iirc. Ti has never been high on my function stack in any test, nor do I relate to any part in reading about how it works. I hardly have any ISTP traites. Im not very focused, lack self-discipline, and only care about practicality when I am at work while my brain is off in wonderland half the time. Not to mention my Fe is trash. I only use one function in the ISTP first 4 types.

Trust me, Im not shafting your opinion. Ive did to ISTP what I did to INTJ trying to explain my behaviors by adopting the type, and seeing what other factors can make me appear unconventional for an ISTP. The more I read about ISTP, the more I realized that I am nothing like it. In fact, I hated it the idea of even employing half of those traits.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, but a ISTP also uses Ti and not Te iirc. Ti has never been high on my function stack in any test, nor do I relate to any part in reading about how it works. I hardly have any ISTP traites. Im not very focused, lack self-discipline, and only care about practicality when I am at work while my brain is off in wonderland half the time. Not to mention my Fe is trash. I only use one function in the ISTP first 4 types.

Trust me, Im not shafting your opinion. Ive did to ISTP what I did to INTJ trying to explain my behaviors by adopting the type, and seeing what other factors can make me appear unconventional for an ISTP. The more I read about ISTP, the more I realized that I am nothing like it. In fact, I hated it the idea of even employing half of those traits.
Well, in external presentation and the way you have described yourself, you have quite a few ISTP traits. Still, you know yourself best. I just call it like I see it based on available information, which obviously is only a small subset of what you know about yourself. Don't put too much stock in tests, function-based or otherwise. Reading about how the functions work and how the different types think (not behave) will be more useful. It sounds like you are doing some of that. You mentioned getting information from various websites. I would check out some books as well - the local library should have some. Remember, too, that learned behaviors/habits are not always indicative of native preferences.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, in external presentation and the way you have described yourself, you have quite a few ISTP traits. Still, you know yourself best. I just call it like I see it based on available information, which obviously is only a small subset of what you know about yourself. Don't put too much stock in tests, function-based or otherwise.

Reading about how the functions work and how the different types

Remember, too, that learned behaviors/habits are not always indicative of native preferences.

I have said before, that I do not just rely on tests. It is just a starting point. I do in fact, read a lot. I just don't care to grab a book on it. Plenty of stuff online that is easier to digest.

I am well aware of my "learned" behaviors, which is ironically probably making me appear as a different type. Because I learned to socialize using a logical approach that I experimented with over the last few years. Things like patience, being forgiving and accepting, being silly and not taking things too seriously is all learned behavior because I wanted to learn to act that way.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Then how would you identify native preferences?
Focus on the difference between preferences and behaviors (what one would like to do vs. what one actually does), and consider what one would prefer under minimal/negligible constraints. As a trivial example, consider the question that often appears on these quizzes: "If the phone rings, do you hurry to answer, or wait and hope someone else does?" My real preference is never to answer the phone, but if I am the office receptionist, or even a single mother of young kids, my actual habit/behavior will be to hurry to answer because I see it as my responsibility given the circumstances. This is why people often get inaccurate results when taking type tests at work, because they answer in their "work persona".

I have said before, that I do not just rely on tests. It is just a starting point. I do in fact, read a lot. I just don't care to grab a book on it. Plenty of stuff online that is easier to digest.

I am well aware of my "learned" behaviors, which is ironically probably making me appear as a different type. Because I learned to socialize using a logical approach that I experimented with over the last few years. Things like patience, being forgiving and accepting, being silly and not taking things too seriously is all learned behavior because I wanted to learn to act that way.
Online stuff may be easier to digest, but not necessarily as reliable. You posted a couple links elsewhere that seemed quite off the mark relative to what I see from widely published and generally respected authors. There is quite a bit online, though, so you may have run into some better resources as well.

Yes, learned behaviors can obscure your real preferences. This is why I base my type "guesses" as much as possible on what someone says about their motivations, values, goals, etc.; why they do what they do, what bothers them, etc. This of course assumes that the information they are relaying is accurate and honest.

Metis

Focus on the difference between preferences and behaviors (what one would like to do vs. what one actually does), and consider what one would prefer under minimal/negligible constraints. As a trivial example, consider the question that often appears on these quizzes: "If the phone rings, do you hurry to answer, or wait and hope someone else does?" My real preference is never to answer the phone, but if I am the office receptionist, or even a single mother of young kids, my actual habit/behavior will be to hurry to answer because I see it as my responsibility given the circumstances. This is why people often get inaccurate results when taking type tests at work, because they answer in their "work persona".

Yeah, that makes sense. I sometimes lie on those tests and answer them in terms of how I'd prefer to act, rather than how I actually act, for that reason. You explained it well. Now I don't feel guilty for lying on those tests. I feel guilty for telling the truth, instead.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Seriously look into CP6 because that's the way you're responding to me, lol.

I like you, but I don't think this kind of response is ever helpful and it certainly paints 6s in a harsh light.

I've gotten these responses soooooo many times here and it's super frustrating because half the time they come out of nowhere, and there is literally nothing you can say to convince the other that you aren't acting 6-ish at all.

Everyone and their mother called me a CP6 when I first came here, and it caused me identity related anger because I didn't know my shit enough to present my case, but I knew I was a 4 in my sensitive angry little heart, lol.