• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Recommendations for enneagram coaches?

7145Emma

Enneagram
???
A little bit of background... I first found out about the enneagram about 2 years ago. I thought I was a 6 but wasn't totally sure... But since 6's supposedly usually doubt their type, I figured that I was just doubting it because I'm a six and that's what sixes do. I started reading about the enneagram, followed a few podcasts for a while and was trying to integrate it into my life but it just wasn't clicking and I eventually stopped thinking about as much. It would pop up now and then but I was getting anywhere with it so it just drifted into the background.

Fast forward a few years, I have been having a lot of stress and change and have been trying to get things back on track, get back in touch with myself and over the course of several months, have been getting back into the enneagram, reading more about it, following the Typology podcast and I've really started to doubt that I'm a six. There are a lot of surface things that seem to fit but some of the motivation part does not fit. For example, when I listen to sixes talk thru their reasoning, there is a lot that I don't identify with. When I listen to descriptions about some of the other types (9 in particular), I identify a lot with the reasoning but a bit less with the actions.

Long story, somewhat shorter - I'm curious about working with an enneagram coach to help me sort thru some of this. These past few years have had a lot of stress and change (in the middle of very change filled time of life) so I could see being a 9 who has been more 6ish in a period of prolonged stress, or 6 who is getting in touch with that healthy 9ness. I could definitely see it being either 6 or 9, or maybe something else entirely, so I'd love to get some guidance on how to really get in touch with my type or to make sense of the parts that don't fit so that I can get to using it better.

So, have any of you worked with any coaches that you would recommend or heard good feedback on anyone in particular? I've looked in my area and haven't found anything local so I figure it would be online/by phone. I've done some googling and of course, all the coaches says that they are great : )

Thanks for any feedback and happy enneagraming to you all!

Last edited:

7145Emma

Enneagram
???
I'm curious... has anyone on here worked with a coach? I got the impression listening to a few podcasts that it was a somewhat common thing to so I thought people might have a lot of recommendations for people to work with but now I'm thinking not :blush:

If you have had the experience of working with someone, did you find it valuable?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I've never even heard of an enneagram coach until right now. You're looking for someone to tell you what enneagram type you actually are because you have so much doubt, you have no confidence in your own determination? Start a thread in the What's My Type forum.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have not had any experience, but lately I have been thinking that I might be interested in exploring coaching opportunities.

I'd be happy to chat as a free experiment. You can check my post history to see whether or not you think I might be able to be helpful for you. I don't know exactly what I'd do to help, but in my own use of the enneagram, I tend to focus on noticing practices and making sure I have clear mental models of emotions that seem to trip me up most frequently.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can help you figure out your type. Can I dm you? (I'm an expert in enneagram)

I'm curious... has anyone on here worked with a coach?

No because I learned it from scratch myself and it's a waste of money imo. They usually type people based on stereotypes and a supposed expert questioned my type because i'm not a cowering mouse like they expect 9s to be.