• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] 2w1 vs 1w2

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm confused between 2w1 and 1w2 ENFJ . Can you discripe these two and what are the differences ,and if you can
mistype one for another ?
Does it make difference if it's a male or female?

Last edited:

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you internally judgmental or understanding? That's about the basics of it.

Both. I'm always judging in the inside but when someone I think is well intentioned , I would be very understanding. And when talking to poeple I try to be as understanding as possible.

I've read the description of both. And I don't think I'm as intense as 1w2. But still not soo emotional for an ENFJ, so I assumed this was the 1 in 2w1. Am I right?

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Both. I'm always judging in the inside but when someone I think is well intentioned , I would be very understanding. And when talking to poeple I try to be as understanding as possible.

I'll go with 1w2 then. Female ExFJ 1w2s often have strong wings practically if they are mothers.

I've read the description of both. And I don't think I'm as intense as 1w2.
Who claims that 1w2s are intense? The only purely intense type is type 8.

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, thanks alot !
This 1w2 makes more sense to me . I've seen type 2 and they seem too sweet for me. I'm just kind with everyone and can only compliment sincerely.

I think I misunderstood the word 'intense'.
How do you call a type as intense?

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I misunderstood the word 'intense'.
How do you call a type as intense?

Well, 8s are intense like I said. Their need to be refined may be what you thought as being intense. The heavy 2 wing could easily make you seem less uptight.

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=24618]misfortuneteller[/MENTION] you have no idea how much it helped me to know that I`m type 1. thanks a lot.
I thought I was too lazy to be a 1. But I was just undermotivated because I was just having a bad time.
this explains why I cried when I first heard this song(Sleeping At Last - "One" ) more than "two".
unfortunately the songs "seven" "eight" "nine" are still not produced.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=24618]misfortuneteller[/MENTION] you have no idea how much it helped me to know that I`m type 1. thanks a lot.

Aww, thanks. I just love helping people figure out their enneagram type.

I thought I was too lazy to be a 1. But I was just undermotivated because I was just having a bad time.

1's become 4-ish under stress and this could go on for months even years.

this explains why I cried when I first heard this song(Sleeping At Last - "One" ) more than "two".
unfortunately the songs "seven" "eight" "nine" are still not produced.
I cried when I read about holy love which is the 9's holy idea. Sleeping at Last are dope but I am annoyed that they decided to take a two month break.

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1's become 4-ish under stress and this could go on for months even years.
I think I felt something towards 4 I've noticed in myself which felt weird. I'm going to look more into 4.
Thanks for that!
That's why I love these threads. Very interesting that you get to hear so many theories and observations that are new to me.:D

Sleeping at Last are dope but I am annoyed that they decided to take a two month break.

According to estimations, the 9 release will be next year. Unfortunately.
But you just don't want to end up with an awful song for your enne because the writer was tired and in rush to end it all.:) so cheer up.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
e = 1w2 exxj
i = 1w9 intj/infj or 2w1 isfj

meanwhile, watching your development gives some clues. to me, the most obvious first read is that late teens early 20s wing function kicking in.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There are plenty of 1w2 IxFJs around.

How do you know? What examples do you have here after vetting for instinctual subtype, after acknowledging 1w2 so/sp might look more introverted than sx/so or so/sx? Is type a developmental story for you, where our wing kicks in, or is it just an absolute overall category?

and re: the kurt cobain thread, are you sure 6w5 infp isn't isfj? Like John Hamm or the NBA player Kevin Love?

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How do you know?
I have typed plenty of IxFJ 1w2s and besides when you look past the descriptions and look into the vices, fixations, harmonic groups, defense mechanisms and stress modes - it will make sense to you too.

and re: the kurt cobain thread, are you sure 6w5 infp isn't isfj?

No. You're basing this off on the descriptions which isn't good. 6w5s sound like ISxJs but they can fit any introvert, ENTx's and ESTJs. 6w5 INFPs are the second most common kind of INFPs after 9w1s.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have typed plenty of IxFJ 1w2s and besides when you look past the descriptions and look into the vices, fixations, harmonic groups, defense mechanisms and stress modes - it will make sense to you too.

No. You're basing this off on the descriptions which isn't good.

That doesn't seem like a knowable claim for you to make. It's also not correct.

I definitely agree that trying to get at the internal logic of the system is more interesting and useful than essentialized type descriptions, ones that often muddle behavioral observations with presumptions of motive and consciousness.

6w5s sound like ISxJs but they can fit any introvert, ENTx's and ESTJs. 6w5 INFPs are the second most common kind of INFPs after 9w1s.

I'm open to the possibility, but I've never really confirmed best fit for an EXTJ that wasn't 1w2, 8w7, or 8w9. Te dom and e6 first seems tough to reconcile and doesn't seem to make much sense developmentally. Similarly, I've only observed infp 4w5 and 9w1. I've seen infj also type out as 1w9 and 5w4. Personally, I see 9w8 and 4w3 as ISFP.

As for 6w5, I've confirmed ISTJ and ISFJ. Possibly INTJ.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That doesn't seem like a knowable claim for you to make. It's also not correct.

I don't know why else you'd link 6w5 to ISFJ.

I've never really confirmed best fit for an EXTJ that wasn't 1w2, 8w7, or 8w9.
6w5 is plausible for ExTJs. I didn't say it was common.

Te dom and e6 first seems tough to reconcile and doesn't seem to make much sense developmentally.

As an expert, I believe that most ESTJs are 6w7s in denial. If not then 3w2 but ESTJs don't seem to mostly want to help others so that doesn't make much sense.

Personally, I see 9w8 and 4w3 as ISFP.
This has to be based on the descriptions. 4w3+9w8 are the only withdrawn types that I believe can be extroverts as well as introverts.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know why else you'd link 6w5 to ISFJ.

I'm gonna take this as a question.

Because we were talking of INFP 6w5, and I was suggesting a possible mistype that I think does show strong evidence of an existent correlate. To me, that seems like the starting point of plausibility, coupled with at least some consideration of theoretical coherency.

6w5 is plausible for ExTJs. I didn't say it was common.

On what premise?

As an expert

I think I get the impulse, because it's frustrating when people hold such different assumptions than us. I'll bite--what is your expertise? How have you developed your own working correlations chart?

I believe that most ESTJs are 6w7s in denial. If not then 3w2 but ESTJs don't seem to mostly want to help others so that doesn't make much sense.

I mean, 1s definitely have a relationship with e7. Some of the 1w2 so/sx I know have a kind of hypomanic thing going on. Like, ice bucket challenge much? I think that's why many people mistakenly type Jim Carey as an ENTJ 1w2 rather than INFJ 9w1 so/sx.

This has to be based on the descriptions. 4w3+9w8 are the only withdrawn types that I believe can be extroverts as well as introverts.

I don't follow your logic. I can't really explain why this is what I see, but I find your claim strange and off-base.

I don't agree with your assumptions here either. I don't think 4w3 or 9w8 can be extroverts. I do think instinctual subtype is really significant in determining energy pattern, but in terms of Jungian theory, I think they're solely ISFP enneagram types.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll bite--what is your expertise?
I know both MBTI+Enneagram from scratch and i've typed multiple people, celebrities and characters.

How have you developed your own working correlations chart?
43504108_2213271028918005_7074053398437298176_n.jpg

I don't follow your logic. I can't really explain why this is what I see, but I find your claim strange and off-base.

There is nothing strange or off-base about it. I have tried to reason with you but it seems pointless since you're being shamelessly subjective.

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
e = 1w2 exxj
i = 1w9 intj/infj or 2w1 isfj

statically ENFJ 2w1 are the second or third most common. while 1w2 ENFJ is rare,type 1 ENFJs make up about 3% of total ENFJ enneagram types.
this is my source.

for ENFJ:
Here Are The Most Common Enneagram Types For Each Myers-Briggs Personality Type | Page 15 | Thought Catalog

meanwhile, watching your development gives some clues. to me, the most obvious first read is that late teens early 20s wing function kicking in.

so your saying i`m 1w2? because i didn`t quite understand the sentence.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
statically ENFJ 2w1 are the second or third most common. while 1w2 ENFJ is rare,type 1 ENFJs make up about 3% of total ENFJ enneagram types.

so your saying i`m 1w2? because i didn`t quite understand the sentence.

Don't bother with him since he is being subjective like I stated before. He also thinks that certain enneagram types can only be one MBTI type which is ludacris.