• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] 6w8 or 8w6

DarthMaul

I dont think this ennegram is possible. I had my wife read about ennegrams and she said that the number 8 and 6 were exactly me. After reading it they are close.(i usually always test 8 though)

Even though i dont think its possible it got me thinking whats the closest type to that?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I dont think this ennegram is possible. I had my wife read about ennegrams and she said that the number 8 and 6 were exactly me. After reading it they are close.(i usually always test 8 though)

Even though i dont think its possible it got me thinking whats the closest type to that?

Look into tritype.

Its possible to have both an 8 and 6 fix, but yeah, its not possible to be an 8w6 or 6w8. You can only have wings that are the next number away from your main type. Like 8w7 8w9 6w5 or 6w7

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds like a 6 to me. A 8 would rarely have any 6 attributes.

VeeK

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
Counterphobic 6s can seem like 8s, but it's probably just your tritype. The 9 enneagram types are divided into 3 subcategories: Gut/Intuition/Anger (8, 9, 1,), Heart/Feeling/Shame (2, 3, 4), and Head/Thinking/Fear (5, 6, 7). You have a type in each subsection, depending on how you deal with each emotion: anger, shame, fear. The order of the tritype is dependent on what you generally rely on to make decisions: gut/intuition, head/thinking, or heart/feeling. Some people don't have a clear-cut order.

I'm a 863, so I might be able to give you a good picture of what it's like to have an 86 in your tritype.
8=I deal with my anger by expressing it.
6 (counterphobic)= I deal with my fear by putting myself in situations that scare me to overcome it.
3= I deal with shame by attempting to become a capable or useful person.

Some type interactions: My need to be independent (8) conflicts with my need for support (6), but is resolved by aggressively asserting myself in defense of "my people" (8)so I am supporting them too.

My presumption that most people will end up hating me, my fear of being harmed by others, and my own hatred of liars (8) compounds with my doubt in the trustworthiness of most people (6). Welcome to SocialAnxietyAndParanoiaTown.

I've become obsessed with maintaining a public image (3) of a badass person not to be messed with, so people will leave me alone (8). So everytime I do something that I think makes me look like a target, like not knowing where I'm going, I feel like I'm in danger I get super bad anxiety (86).

tony_goth

Pseudo-delusional Rebel
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
All pessimistic types (Fours, Sixes and Eights) can be counterphobic. It's called the sexual variant. Every 6cp is a 6sx. But there are Fours and Eights with a counterphobic pattern. For example, I'm a 4sx, a "counterphobic Four", and I share patterns with the 6cp, because 4sx is a neighbor of 6sx.