• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] The Beginnings of Your Core

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The enneagram types 3 & 5 started to really take root at about age 5...to cope with feeling isolated and vulnerable. I wanted to be of value but stay hidden.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I had my first fight at school, I fought someone twice my size, beat him, though I still carry a near-visible scar of it on my left eyebrow.

When I arrived home that day, my father saw my brow. He asked what happened. I thought him I got in a fight.

He didn't seem concerned, he asked whether I beat the kid, or I didn't.

I said, I did.

Introspector

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I realized that I practically ran on my fear, and I have trouble dealing with unpredictability and the "superunknown" (which by the way, is a great album that I have to recommend). I get frightened when put in a scenario that I don't have much control over or that I don't know what to expect of.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, I think my core of 6 was present from a young age.

As to what caused it? I think it was partially constant negative or lukewarm feedback from peers and adult figures in my childhood. I never felt that I was taken seriously, and there were some individuals who absolutely made me feel like inferior crap from early elementary school all the way up until I was about 14. This butchered my self-confidence. A lot of my six anxiety and uncertainty revolves around that.

I have also always been aware in the back of my head that the world is a dangerous place. I was a fairly carefree child, but I was intellectually mature for my age. And I had a penchant for unentintionally eavesdropping.

My 6 skepticism comes from my parents. I grew up raised by a mother who I believe is a 6 and a father who I believe has 6 in his tri-type (my best guess for him is 9w8). They were always skeptical of systems, authority, and the intentions of others, even if that is not apparent to others. This is more so true of my dad. My mom has an uncanny penchant for quickly and accurately reading people. In the end, they rubbed off on me. Not that that's a bad thing, but it's the environment I was raised in.

I also have always had extremely high anxiety. Part of it is genetic. Types other than 6s can have anxiety disorders, but I wonder if my anxiety problems are somewhat mixed with my 6ish qualities.

I think rejection by peers, some teachers, and the fact that I lacked close bonds with extended family members also played a part. I craved a support structure because I saw elements of it missing that other people had. Not that I didn't have a good support structure in my childhood and preteens, I did. Albeit, the only consistent figures in it were my parents.

I find my Enneagram core is very subtle at times. It's sort of unconscious and hard to pick up on at times. But I think we can feel that way about these things because they are so ingrained in our past. It's more apparent to me when I consider the times I have disintegrated to 3 and have moved towards looking more like a 9. I do have a lot in common with 9s, but the core fear isn't the same and I am far from the usually calm presence 9s often are. I appear 9ish, but that's not what's going on on the inside. I actually just don't see any good reason for anger or conflict most of the time instead of having a fear of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I think my core of 6 was present from a young age.

As to what caused it? I think it was partially constant negative or lukewarm feedback from peers and adult figures in my childhood. I never felt that I was taken seriously, and there were some individuals who absolutely made me feel like inferior crap from early elementary school all the way up until I was about 14. This butchered my self-confidence. A lot of my six anxiety and uncertainty revolves around that.

I have also always been aware in the back of my head that the world is a dangerous place. I was a fairly carefree child, but I was intellectually mature for my age. And I had a penchant for unentintionally eavesdropping.

My 6 skepticism comes from my parents. I grew up raised by a mother who I believe is a 6 and a father who I believe has 6 in his tri-type (my best guess for him is 9w8). They were always skeptical of systems, authority, and the intentions of others, even if that is not apparent to others. This is more so true of my dad. My mom has an uncanny penchant for quickly and accurately reading people. In the end, they rubbed off on me. Not that that's a bad thing, but it's the environment I was raised in.

I also have always had extremely high anxiety. Part of it is genetic. Types other than 6s can have anxiety disorders, but I wonder if my anxiety problems are somewhat mixed with my 6ish qualities.

I think rejection by peers, some teachers, and the fact that I lacked close bonds with extended family members also played a part. I craved a support structure because I saw elements of it missing that other people had. Not that I didn't have a good support structure in my childhood and preteens, I did. Albeit, the only consistent figures in it were my parents.

I find my Enneagram core is very subtle at times. It's sort of unconscious and hard to pick up on at times. But I think we can feel that way about these things because they are so ingrained in our past. It's more apparent to me when I consider the times I have disintegrated to 3 and have moved towards looking more like a 9. I do have a lot in common with 9s, but the core fear isn't the same and I am far from the usually calm presence 9s often are. I appear 9ish, but that's not what's going on on the inside. I actually just don't see any good reason for anger or conflict most of the time instead of having a fear of it.