• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Ennegram 9w1

RasberryCupcake

Hello! Im supposedly a 9w1 but I keep getting different results for some reason. I want someone to help me figure out my type. I would say im a pretty chill person, kind, I live and let others live their lives, classic homebody, and I'm a sweet loving person when it comes to relationships, but I HATE commitments. Ok, enough! Lol, hit me up anyone! :)

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Which of these do you think was your childhood message?

Unconscious Childhood Messages for Types:

Type One: It's not ok to make mistakes.
Type Two: It's not ok to have your own needs.
Type Three: It's not ok to have your own feelings and identity.
Type Four: It's not ok to be too functional or too happy.
Type Five: It's not ok to be comfortable in the world.
Type Six: It's not ok to trust yourself.
Type Seven: It's not ok to depend on anyone for anything.
Type Eight: It's not ok to be vulnerable or to trust anyone.
Type Nine: It's not ok to assert yourself.

RasberryCupcake

Which of these do you think was your childhood message? Unconscious Childhood Messages for Types: Type One: It's not ok to make mistakes. Type Two: It's not ok to have your own needs. Type Three: It's not ok to have your own feelings and identity. Type Four: It's not ok to be too functional or too happy. Type Five: It's not ok to be comfortable in the world. Type Six: It's not ok to trust yourself. Type Seven: It's not ok to depend on anyone for anything. Type Eight: It's not ok to be vulnerable or to trust anyone. Type Nine: It's not ok to assert yourself.

Im actually not sure, Ive made another post with a questionare inserted, the answers might help you. Would love if you checked it out.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Reading that won't be any use to me because enneagram is for you to figure out yourself. People type anyone with any form of depth as a 4, 5w4 or mabye even a 9w1. People are always apprehensive to label people that they like as 6s in any of these communities which is BS.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Which of these do you think was your childhood message?

Unconscious Childhood Messages for Types:

Type One: It's not ok to make mistakes.
Type Two: It's not ok to have your own needs.
Type Three: It's not ok to have your own feelings and identity.
Type Four: It's not ok to be too functional or too happy.
Type Five: It's not ok to be comfortable in the world.
Type Six: It's not ok to trust yourself.
Type Seven: It's not ok to depend on anyone for anything.
Type Eight: It's not ok to be vulnerable or to trust anyone.
Type Nine: It's not ok to assert yourself.

A better descriptor for 4 may be "It's not okay to be ordinary".

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Based on the questionnaire you posted, I would say 9w1.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A better descriptor for 4 may be "It's not okay to be ordinary".

I didn't make these up since it's from an actual book about Enneagram. 4's didn't feel like their parents wanted them to be different, so I don't get your point.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I didn't make these up since it's from an actual book about Enneagram. 4's didn't feel like their parents wanted them to be different, so I don't get your point.

Ah, my bad, I thought childhood message referred to what you inherently felt within yourself during childhood, not the message your parents sent to you.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm a 4 and my parents never stifled my uniqueness. My parents were pretty chill while I was growing up. Am I the only Four who feels this way? Probably.