User Tag List

First 12

Saprophytic Aphrodite Peter Deadpan's Avatar

@SearchingforPeace - How does your reactivity present? Do you look 6-ish to those close to you? Bonus: Do you walk with a tough guy swagger?
    Perpetual mood

"It is not the personality's task to tell the truth,
    but to seem to, try to, or try to seem to."

Philip Trussell

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by notmyapples View Post
    I experienced the same things, I wonder if this has correlation? Possibly an unintentional aura of independence that sx/so types give off.
    I don't know. I didn't talk until I was almost 4. I am told I was a very easy toddler.

Of course, I had to fend for myself, given my narcisstic unattached bipolar mother never paid close attention. I was picked up by the police 6 times before I was 4 (and I couldn't talk), so I would get picked up from the police station, usually after my dad came home and noticed I was gone.

She also left me to wander stores while she shopped. I usually got picked up by security and she would show up, eventually.

I guess she might have gotten arrested for neglect in today's world.

So I don't know how much was forced independence vs. natural confidence ....
    “Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“It is clear that thought is not free if the profession of certain opinions makes it impossible to earn a living. It is clear also that thought is not free if all the arguments on one side of a controversy are perpetually presented as attractively as possible, while the arguments on the other side can only be discovered by diligent search.”

― Bertrand Russell, Sceptical Essays

Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    I don't know. I didn't talk until I was almost 4. I am told I was a very easy toddler.

Of course, I had to fend for myself, given my narcisstic unattached bipolar mother never paid close attention. I was picked up by the police 6 times before I was 4 (and I couldn't talk), so I would get picked up from the police station, usually after my dad came home and noticed I was gone.

She also left me to wander stores while she shopped. I usually got picked up by security and she would show up, eventually.

I guess she might have gotten arrested for neglect in today's world.

So I don't know how much was forced independence vs. natural confidence ....
    Jesus.
    Perpetual mood

Philip Trussell

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    @SearchingforPeace - How does your reactivity present? Do you look 6-ish to those close to you? Bonus: Do you walk with a tough guy swagger?
    I am normally the nicest friendliest guy on the planet. I am the person that people will approach out of a crowd for help. I am "safe", for all I am 6'6" and built like a NFL lineman.

But when I go to war, I am force of nature, a wall of force that swamps those around me. I go to war for others, not myself. I have a strong aversion against self-promotion.

Yet people I can't remember at all come up to me and remind me we once met. I immediately impact any new place I go.

I am extremely fast at reacting to anything. I am extremely aware of everything around me. I play mental games with myself predicting future actions of strangers.

If needed, I walk with the swagger. It isn't my nature mode. It tends to put too many on the defensive and I am a strong believer that sugar works better than force, most of the time.

I do go about life with confidence that may appear like swagger. When I recently met a major political figure recently, someone who had major party nominee, I was shocked that he seemed intimidated by me. I was not trying to do so, but.......

I have been known for forcefully pushing points and winning. I don't lose many arguments....

I guess I don't look 6-ish, except when I am doing really poorly overall.
    “Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“It is clear that thought is not free if the profession of certain opinions makes it impossible to earn a living. It is clear also that thought is not free if all the arguments on one side of a controversy are perpetually presented as attractively as possible, while the arguments on the other side can only be discovered by diligent search.”

― Bertrand Russell, Sceptical Essays
    Likes Peter Deadpan, Luminous liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    And no, I'm not talking about me so calm your "but that's your type!" boners. I'm actually wondering if this is what my SO is. He's either INTP or INFJ, but I've always leaned toward the former for a couple reasons, and I'm thinking 9w1.

To me, this type seems contradictory. The Seeker is full of doubt, but Sx/So is a comparatively strong and confident type. 6 Sx/So is about strength and beauty, and 4 Sx/So is very edgy, competitive, and biting. 9 Sx/So looks less 9-ish when engaging in So and is overall a very sensual, passionate individual.

Also, Sx is the countertype for his possible 1-wing, so it's really all over the place but would explain why he's tested as 684 before (9 Sx is said to appear like their wing oftentimes, and 1 Sx can look like 8).

Please don't link me to basic descriptions; I've read them all. I'm more looking for insight into their potentially contradictory nature and specifically how they come across to others, especially if you've known any.
    sx/so is not automatically "strong and confident" I don't think so, I think it's more relevant to tease out the underlying motivations instead of relying on online descriptions; plus types like 4 and 5 are often super introverted so they are not always going to be out there and they are not going to want to deal with people sometimes. Will bring the characteristic awkwardness of 4 and 5 as well, with that combo. sx dom =/= "sexy and confident person"
    if anything I think people should relegate the non-neurotic and positive aspects of sx manifestation to the sx secondary, as that is the healthiest place for sx to be.

anyways, I am not 964, but I am 496; I think Katherine Fauvre mentioned that this tritype often tends to be Soc dom, but that doesn't mean there will be no sx doms of this tritype (as I am one - knew another sx 4 friend with the same tritype as well). And even people of the same tritype can look different for different factors, but clearly the solution here would be to think outside of the general type descriptions, as ofc there are not simply exactly 27 kinds of people in the world. In my case at least - I can't speak for everyone - I am very soft, unsure, and doubting of myself, sx =/= se or Force. It seems to me it's misinterpreted that way sometimes, 496 can be "soft aggressive" and with 9 strong they probably don't even see themselves as aggressive. And softness is not automatically = social. 6 and 9 are soft, somewhat "submissive" (well p6 more than cp6 perhaps) types, I think. I don't really know what exactly to say as sx manifests for me as it does for other sx dom types. I am also not "edgy, competitive" (maybe "biting" but not in that way).
    EII | INFP
    4w5-9w1-6w5 sx/so

a so-called "964" is typically an IEI/EII 9w1 misinterpreting their socionics type for a "4 fix" and disintegration point for a "6 fix."
    Click here for my 2500+ Enneagram Type List to type yourself and others with. It's the only valid breakdown for every enneagram type, wing and stack.

Click here for the only valid visual typing model of stackings on earth and socionics.
    Click here for enneagram type descriptions as a supplement to the only valid breakdown for every type, wing and stack.
    Click here for my typings of 100+ fictional exemplars and here for my typings of 90+ typology central members.

Quote Originally Posted by Venus Rose View Post
    sx/so is not automatically "strong and confident" I don't think so, I think it's more relevant to tease out the underlying motivations instead of relying on online descriptions; plus types like 4 and 5 are often super introverted so they are not always going to be out there and they are not going to want to deal with people sometimes. Will bring the characteristic awkwardness of 4 and 5 as well, with that combo. sx dom =/= "sexy and confident person"
    if anything I think people should relegate the non-neurotic and positive aspects of sx manifestation to the sx secondary, as that is the healthiest place for sx to be.

anyways, I am not 964, but I am 496; I think Katherine Fauvre mentioned that this tritype often tends to be Soc dom, but that doesn't mean there will be no sx doms of this tritype (as I am one - knew another sx 4 friend with the same tritype as well). And even people of the same tritype can look different for different factors, but clearly the solution here would be to think outside of the general type descriptions, as ofc there are not simply exactly 27 kinds of people in the world. In my case at least - I can't speak for everyone - I am very soft, unsure, and doubting of myself, sx =/= se or Force. It seems to me it's misinterpreted that way sometimes, 496 can be "soft aggressive" and with 9 strong they probably don't even see themselves as aggressive. And softness is not automatically = social. 6 and 9 are soft, somewhat "submissive" (well p6 more than cp6 perhaps) types, I think. I don't really know what exactly to say as sx manifests for me as it does for other sx dom types. I am also not "edgy, competitive" (maybe "biting" but not in that way).
    My insight was questionable at the time of writing that post.
    Perpetual mood

Philip Trussell