• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Defining Habits of the Types (if you are wondering which core type you are)

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know saying ''at all costs'' sounds dramatic but it was the only way to stomp out the inquisitiveness of the 6s.
fdx.jpg

Permabanned

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How would describe what refinement would mean to 1s?

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How would describe what refinement would mean to 1s?

It basically means being perfect or anal-retentive as many suggest. The 1 is an idealist and a type that is often angry and resentful about the world.

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It basically means being perfect or anal-retentive as many suggest. The 1 is an idealist and a type that is often angry and resentful about the world.
Thaaat is such a lovely discription of myself lol:D
I just wonna fix EVERYTHING.:puppy_dog_eyes:

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
4s seek becoming complete.
They desire finding what they are "missing" and feel once they find it, they will be okay. The problem of course is that it's faulty thinking and we're all inherently complete.

- - - Updated - - -

Fi seeks significance.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
4s seek becoming complete.
They desire finding what they are "missing" and feel once they find it, they will be okay. The problem of course is that it's faulty thinking and we're all inherently complete.

This doesn't indicate that they are a image type at all.

Fi seeks significance.

I don't seek significance and i'm a Fi dom.

''Type 4

Avoid
You avoid feeling lost, disorientated and without personal significance, meaning or direction.''

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
This doesn't indicate that they are a image type at all.

I don't seek significance and i'm a Fi dom.

''Type 4

Avoid
You avoid feeling lost, disorientated and without personal significance, meaning or direction.''

Just because that's part of it doesn't mean it is the core of it.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
And yes it does indicate they are an image type because they derive their identity from what they are lacking.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And yes it does indicate they are an image type because they derive their identity from what they are lacking.

Yes but 6s and 9w1s keep looking at these descriptions that don't indicate that they are an image type and keep thinking they are 4s. There needs to be emphasis on the image.

Just because that's part of it doesn't mean it is the core of it.
That part of it is enough to make the 9w1s stop identifying as 4s. They are self-effacing and they don't like to think of themselves as wanting to have personal significance.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Yes but 6s and 9w1s keep looking at these descriptions that don't indicate that they are an image type and keep thinking they are 4s. There needs to be emphasis on the image.

Perhaps it's best to zero in on how to phrase for those two types then as opposed to completely shifting wording for the other 7 types to accommodate the understanding of 6s and 9s.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perhaps it's best to zero in on how to phrase for those two types then as opposed to completely shifting wording for the other 7 types to accommodate the understanding of 6s and 9s.

7 ENFPs can think that they are 4w3s too. It's not to shift it but they do seek personal significance in general.