• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Would like some help closing in on my type.

QuixoticPragmatist

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've spent quite some time away from purposeful interaction and have been stuck in a rut of some sort. This is not a cry for help. I need to get myself out of this, alone. Point being, in such a state I understand that most individuals stand unbalanced, allowing one to easily identify an overused or existing function since MBTI and enneagram are based on the profiles of an unbalanced. This might be a little brief as I am unsure on what I should type.

About my 'self' :

Deep, frustrating introspection led to the awareness of my greatest challenge... I have trouble translating my thoughts. It's not a language problem, I know the conclusions I've reached, I know exactly what I want to say, yet since I somehow lack the means to figure out HOW I got there, I remain misunderstood, and that is not helpful when relating to others. I would base my thoughts on impressions. I highly doubt I think in words, Yet the thinking seems, subconscious. As if I'm shifting around, rearranging a question until an answer comes out of nowhere. No idea if that is related to any specific function, I am curious about the process though. Problem is, It takes me awhile to find the means to express it.

With regards to emotions, I don't feel all the time, and when I do, I'm much more captivated by what the event symbolizes, rather than the event itself. The execution of that specific representation is enough to get me to feel something. How other people feel about it, doesn't affect me; and it amazes me that those around myself tend to ignore the deeper meaning behind events, it usually becomes evident when I question their reactions. Personally, I'm not driven by emotion. It serves more as a layer, a foundational structure. Rather modular in the sense that I view it to be a carefully crafted system that'd shape me into the person, the ideal, I'd eventually want to be. Due to that, I am constantly having to re-evaluate the internal system to keep track of what isn't there.

As you may be able to tell, I care quite a lot about ideals. It's everywhere. The question I'm fundamentally interested in would be in regards to creating an ideal that is different from the existing ones, eg. one that does not serve as a form of distraction, one that makes us self-sufficient. That is all I shall speak about ideals. It's personal until I find a way to Embody and succinctly express it. I want it to affect others, emotionally. I guess, the long idealized disconnection and longing I've experienced have somewhat morphed into something rather conceptual.. An idea I can connect with to replace everything that's missing. Hmm.. The longing still remains.

Religion, data, Empiricism, the existence of a god, current 'philosophical' debates and arguments, utterly disappoint me. For a species with the capability to breach multiple perceptions of reality and, change, we still remain overly reliant on an external source for mental support/comfort.. for security, overindulging in either faith, or empirical, sensory data; hiding behind information, building emotional walls, arguing from the standpoint of "This is how it was and this is how it should remain". They're shallow. Creation is a gift exclusive to man, why do they chose sustenance over progress? Unworthy traits of man.. Yet, they seem alright with living that way, content, happy, they feel everything I don't, and I'm not going to change and become like them in order to feel those emotions. I just don't understand it, I guess I am a little envious of them.

I find that I have to remain vulnerable to my emotions in order to progress, actually, I think that's why type 4s tend have such potential on one side, having the arcane ability, the willingness to be vulnerable to their emotions. That, and the envy. Problems start occurring when they stop trying to ride the waves and limit themselves exclusively to tsunamis (I mean no offense by that).

I stay away from groups in general, don't wish to associate myself with (rare) like-minded people, and the general herd. I can function well in groups, I just find their mode of thinking to be beneath me, and as a response to that, I move away from specific groups. I like belonging to myself. I care a lot about perception, yet I find the process by which one reaches their conclusions, has to be pure. That would be the only way it'd be universally practiced.

You might have noticed my superiority complex. In reality, I remain silent, minimizing interaction with others, getting completely disgusted at myself for not reaching up to my ideals, kind, weirdly altruistic, emotionally sensitive, disappointed for not knowing enough.. extending the time needed to objectify it. The problem with objectifying it is that my ideal, the ultimate creation, remains subjective in nature..

I would reach a point where I'd stop learning about the world, focusing only on my own pseudo logical framework of it. Reaching conclusions that are overgeneralized, disillusioning myself about man and reality, locking myself up in the room while I proceed to live out the rest of my days in a dry, empty depression of sorts. Periods like that remind me of the need to 'go out there and experience life', yet thoughts like these coupled with the hedonistic nature of human beings, and the fear of being overwhelmed, overstimulated and trapped by the experience.. That's enough to make me want to throw the keys and remain locked away till eternity.

I would consider myself an introvert, but not in the sense of "I'm special, unique, one of a kind, mysterious, need a lot of time alone because of deep hidden social anxiety issues I'm trying to avoid." No. I know I'm different (don't see a need to show it), I simply focus better when I'm allowed to mull things over, alone, without intrusions and interference of any sort. I'm not naturally action oriented and have limited energy. I interact with the world not based on reality itself, but based on what I think it should be, backed up by my understanding of reality. I used to seek to understand purely. Now, I just seek to understand.

Would like to know the percieved Enneagram, and tritype, type based on my description.
If you need more information, let me know in this thread.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd guess INFJ 1w9 from the thoughts you've shared here. I find trityping people based on something like this to be...flawed practice at best? but if I had to assign something I'd arbitrarily suggest 145 tritype.

QuixoticPragmatist

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

VeeK

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
This is the most 5 thing I've ever read in my entire life. It's like something I would write if I was attempting to poke fun at 5s, no offense meant. Both my parents and my younger brother are 5s and this is...upsettingly 5ish. I think [MENTION=22644]The[/MENTION] Tzarevich 's suggestion that your tritype may be 145 is probably true. Have you ever taken the enneagram test, or did you study it too much before and now you know which answers lead to what time? I'll cp some statements you made that particularily made me think you were a 5.

I have trouble translating my thoughts. It's not a language problem, I know the conclusions I've reached, I know exactly what I want to say, yet since I somehow lack the means to figure out HOW I got there, I remain misunderstood, and that is not helpful when relating to others.

I don't feel all the time, and when I do, I'm much more captivated by what the event symbolizes, rather than the event itself.

The question I'm fundamentally interested in would be in regards to creating an ideal that is different from the existing ones, eg. one that does not serve as a form of distraction, one that makes us self-sufficient. That is all I shall speak about ideals. It's personal until I find a way to Embody and succinctly express it. I want it to affect others, emotionally. I guess, the long idealized disconnection and longing I've experienced have somewhat morphed into something rather conceptual.. An idea I can connect with to replace everything that's missing.

Current 'philosophical' debates and arguments, utterly disappoint me. For a species with the capability to breach multiple perceptions of reality and, change, we still remain overly reliant on an external source for mental support/comfort..

I stay away from groups in general, don't wish to associate myself with (rare) like-minded people, and the general herd. I can function well in groups, I just find their mode of thinking to be beneath me, and as a response to that, I move away from specific groups. I like belonging to myself.

I would reach a point where I'd stop learning about the world, focusing only on my own pseudo logical framework of it. Reaching conclusions that are overgeneralized, disillusioning myself about man and reality, locking myself up in the room while I proceed to live out the rest of my days in a dry, empty depression of sorts. Periods like that remind me of the need to 'go out there and experience life', yet thoughts like these coupled with the hedonistic nature of human beings, and the fear of being overwhelmed, overstimulated and trapped by the experience.. That's enough to make me want to throw the keys and remain locked away till eternity.

Especially that last paragraph was what put the nail in the 5 coffin. 5s tend to deal with the world on a conceptual level and not a physical one, not feeling quite ready to participate yet. And only 5's would fear "being overwhelmed, overstimulated and trapped by the experience". The way you talk about ideals could mean there's a 1 in your tritype, and the deep longing for human connection is a 4 characteristic.

Also, just from this, you seem kinda unhappy. It might be hard to believe, but therapy can help with this sort of thing. I used to experience a deep longing to, for some wonderful guy to whisk me away from my unhappy life and finally give me self-esteem. Obviously, I was reading too many fairy tales (and extremely depressed). I don't know if this is quite like what your experience is, but relationships don't fix emotional problems. Just my two cents. I hope this helped